Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #188533

Subject: "If Erykah" Previous topic | Next topic
ya Setshego
Charter member
4259 posts
Sat Aug-07-10 01:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"If Erykah"

is late coming on stage 2night like she was @ Pier 6 Pavillion in May, I am going to be PISSED. SpiritFest has a really tight schedule 2night, and her sets are always too short anyways, so if my *ss paid all these bones 2 come out and C her, HER *ss needs 2 b on stage, on TIME, even if they have 2 kick some of the earlier artists off early, which needed 2 have occurred LAST year. I mean, she has people following her around the country from show-to-show. THAT level of devotion, PARTICULARLY in a time of a recession, deserves some respect. Respect is shown by not leaving the audience waiting for an eternity after the previous act leaves the stage. Get on out there, & do the d*** thing already! This is the main reason why I usually don't go 2 c artists after they blow up. They get complacent, and aren't hungry anymore. I have made an xception for her, because of her xceptional talent. But I'm wearing thin on patience here. We'll c how 2 night goes. I can only b but so loyal. A fan base and an artist have 2 have some kind of give-and-take relationship. Showing up late, or keeping UR audience waiting and waiting at a concert is not building anticipation. It's actually flat out rude, and reeks of arrogance.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oooo baby I like it raw. Oooo baby I like it RAAAW!(c)ODB- Shimmy Shimmy Ya

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

If Erykah [View all] , ya Setshego, Sat Aug-07-10 01:25 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Erykah has shown/expressed many times....
Aug 07th 2010
RE: I posted this here for a reason
Aug 08th 2010
      RE:Also
Aug 08th 2010
           ouch
Aug 08th 2010
                RE: ouch
Aug 10th 2010
                     RE: ouch
Aug 10th 2010
                          RE: Columbia