Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkayplayer News Discussion
Topic subjectIf Erykah
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=188533&mesg_id=188533
188533, If Erykah
Posted by ya Setshego, Sat Aug-07-10 01:25 PM
is late coming on stage 2night like she was @ Pier 6 Pavillion in May, I am going to be PISSED. SpiritFest has a really tight schedule 2night, and her sets are always too short anyways, so if my *ss paid all these bones 2 come out and C her, HER *ss needs 2 b on stage, on TIME, even if they have 2 kick some of the earlier artists off early, which needed 2 have occurred LAST year. I mean, she has people following her around the country from show-to-show. THAT level of devotion, PARTICULARLY in a time of a recession, deserves some respect. Respect is shown by not leaving the audience waiting for an eternity after the previous act leaves the stage. Get on out there, & do the d*** thing already! This is the main reason why I usually don't go 2 c artists after they blow up. They get complacent, and aren't hungry anymore. I have made an xception for her, because of her xceptional talent. But I'm wearing thin on patience here. We'll c how 2 night goes. I can only b but so loyal. A fan base and an artist have 2 have some kind of give-and-take relationship. Showing up late, or keeping UR audience waiting and waiting at a concert is not building anticipation. It's actually flat out rude, and reeks of arrogance.