Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #178538

Subject: "RE: SKILLZ....r u serious with that vid bout puff n hov?!!?!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Yellowone
Member since Jun 26th 2005
30 posts
Sat Aug-30-08 10:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: SKILLZ....r u serious with that vid bout puff n hov?!!?!!"
In response to In response to 0
Sat Aug-30-08 10:57 PM by Yellowone

Well I'll sit back and wait for the bombs to get dropped on you. I will say that traditionally east coast music is not production heavy and has more lyrical emphasis while other areas of the country have their own styles. This doesn't apply to Skillz most recent album though. Maybe you really didn't listen to Skillz in that video. His whole point was there already is a Pete Rock. How's the next Pete Rock gonna get his shot if everyone skips him over.

Next point is that your comment about beats being trash may apply to albums like the earlier AZ joints but not the current Skillz album. I can point out a host of west coast and down south rappers that are trash...including one that wants to make sure you heard his line "goin @ the throne like HAIR IN A COMB". Are u 4 real??? Take them trash lyrics elsewhere.

Lastly, I'm not believin people buy records anymore. So if you wanna post and say you copped somethin or listened then I wanna see proof. I got mine, where's yours?

tinyurl(dot)com/5j54ja

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

SKILLZ....r u serious with that vid bout puff n hov?!!?!! [View all] , bdietzdeuce2, Sat Aug-30-08 08:40 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: SKILLZ....r u serious with that vid bout puff n hov?!!?!!
Aug 31st 2008
the lyrics are a bigger problem than the beats
Aug 31st 2008
Not 2 B Nit Picky but The LP was "From Where???". Not Nod Factor...
Sep 01st 2008
RE: Not 2 B Nit Picky but The LP was "From Where???". Not Nod Factor...
Sep 02nd 2008
      RE: Not 2 B Nit Picky but The LP was "From Where???". Not Nod Factor...
Sep 02nd 2008
im addressing a newbie. a first for time.
Sep 03rd 2008
RE: im addressing a newbie. a first for time.
Sep 04th 2008
      RE: im addressing a newbie. a first for time.
Sep 05th 2008

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #178538 Previous topic | Next topic