Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #39685

Subject: "OKProducers Help Me Out: Sampling Using Cubase and Reason?" Previous topic | Next topic
DeeKay
Member since Jan 22nd 2006
585 posts
Wed Oct-08-08 03:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"OKProducers Help Me Out: Sampling Using Cubase and Reason?"

Let's say I load my sample track into Cubase and save it as a Wav or a AIFF like the NN-XT likes... I load the file into NN-XT in Reason and I have control of it whereby pressing a key on the keyboard will play the sample at a different pitch depending on what I press.

How do I set points in the sample so that each key on the keyboard will play a different part of the sample file rather than just the song start or loop start at varying pitches. I'm not talking about varying where the sample starts and ends when I press a key, I mean specifically that each keyboard note I press will play a different part of the song.

I know I can use ReCycle to set these points and save my sample as a Rex file and load that into the NN-XT, but if I've only got Cubase and Reason, is there any way of doing this?

High Fidelity @ www.deekayonline.com

Fresh Cuts with DJ DeeKay and Chinners on Roundhouse Radio, Saturdays at 8pm (GMT), http://www.roundhouseradio.org.uk

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

OKProducers Help Me Out: Sampling Using Cubase and Reason? [View all] , DeeKay, Wed Oct-08-08 03:54 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: OKProducers Help Me Out: Sampling Using Cubase and Reason?
Oct 08th 2008
Yeah, recycle would be the easiest way
Oct 08th 2008
Thanks for the help guys...
Oct 09th 2008

Lobby Make The Music topic #39685 Previous topic | Next topic