Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #39685

Subject: "OKProducers Help Me Out: Sampling Using Cubase and Reason?" Previous topic | Next topic
DeeKay
Member since Jan 22nd 2006
585 posts
Wed Oct-08-08 03:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"OKProducers Help Me Out: Sampling Using Cubase and Reason?"

Let's say I load my sample track into Cubase and save it as a Wav or a AIFF like the NN-XT likes... I load the file into NN-XT in Reason and I have control of it whereby pressing a key on the keyboard will play the sample at a different pitch depending on what I press.

How do I set points in the sample so that each key on the keyboard will play a different part of the sample file rather than just the song start or loop start at varying pitches. I'm not talking about varying where the sample starts and ends when I press a key, I mean specifically that each keyboard note I press will play a different part of the song.

I know I can use ReCycle to set these points and save my sample as a Rex file and load that into the NN-XT, but if I've only got Cubase and Reason, is there any way of doing this?

High Fidelity @ www.deekayonline.com

Fresh Cuts with DJ DeeKay and Chinners on Roundhouse Radio, Saturdays at 8pm (GMT), http://www.roundhouseradio.org.uk

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: OKProducers Help Me Out: Sampling Using Cubase and Reason?
Oct 08th 2008
Yeah, recycle would be the easiest way
Oct 08th 2008
Thanks for the help guys...
Oct 09th 2008

BrownWonda
Member since Apr 26th 2008
150 posts
Wed Oct-08-08 05:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: OKProducers Help Me Out: Sampling Using Cubase and Reason?"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-08-08 05:19 PM by BrownWonda

i recomend gettin recycle, its incredibly useful and much more efficient that any other way
the only other option u have is to slice the sample into the different parts you want right on cubase, then save each part as a separate waveform to upload on each key in the nnxt
this process is a lot more tedious tho

www.twitter.com/brownwonda
www.youtube.com/brownwonda <---first beat vid!

rzaroch36
Member since Jan 26th 2005
2462 posts
Wed Oct-08-08 05:23 PM

2. "Yeah, recycle would be the easiest way"
In response to Reply # 0

Get recycle, you can download it an dget a key real easy. Or buy it, not that expensive (do they still sell it?).

You can also load the rex/waves files into the redrum-save em and chop em how you like in Cubase (or any DAW) as wav or aiff then load em into redrum. From there you can load em into redrum and play em from the midi.

I don't think the samples load on middle C though-I have that ol Oxygen 8 and the samples start on the -2 C (does that make sense?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5P6zdlPJ34&feature=related
^^^ever walked the streets of...

DeeKay
Member since Jan 22nd 2006
585 posts
Thu Oct-09-08 06:27 PM

3. "Thanks for the help guys..."
In response to Reply # 0

The computers I'm using at the studios don't have ReCycle on them and I don't have admin priviliges to install it, but I've got hold of it to use at home. I'm gna have to just make the Rex files at home and just take them to the studios I guess... little bit of extra prep but I'm sure it'll be quicker than the tedium of chopping up bit by bit in Cubase and then loading the Wavs into ReDrum.

Thanks again.

High Fidelity @ www.deekayonline.com

Fresh Cuts with DJ DeeKay and Chinners on Roundhouse Radio, Saturdays at 8pm (GMT), http://www.roundhouseradio.org.uk

Lobby Make The Music topic #39685 Previous topic | Next topic