Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #25961

Subject: "Yup!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
jerzCenator
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
7 posts
Thu Jan-27-05 12:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
23. "Yup!"
In response to In response to 17

The fact of the matter is that Obama's vote really didn't matter. Rice would still have gotten the 'thumbs up' anyway, that's just the way this ineffective system works. That's not to cosign his vote or say that he couldn't have abstained or voted against her to make a statement. All the talk about bi-partisan initiatives and Democrats and Republicans working together is pretty much a front anyway.

With that said, being a politician is hard. Especially if you want to try to get some real change done within this system. People are constantly coming at you with their agendas and lobbyist platforms, etc., and you often end up doing things you don't want to do to maybe get something done in the future. I know I couldn't do it, I've got to stand behind my beliefs and values no matter what, but cats like Obama have to make concessions to get possible wins in the long run. Y'all know the whole set-up is corrupt, and if you're going to work within its framework, you gotta give in.

On the whole side-topic of the democrats being so-called 'progressive'...I don't agree. The democrats are just the other arm of the machine thats built to hold us ALL down. It's basically divide and conquer because the folk in control know they can keep us arguing and squabbling with each other while they push whatever laws and policies they want through. Look at the Dems track record, even under Clinton. We've lost healthcare, are losing social security, lost money for education nationwide, while the prison system continues to boom and the corporations are making a killing. ALL these politicians are getting fat off of our hardwork and labor, while we fight each other over things that don't even matter in the long run. I don't mean to rant, but dam, y'all gotta open your minds and read between the lines. Analyze the mess you let the media feed you before you digest it. The things the U.S. is doing worldwide would make your headspin. Be revolutionary...

Give Obama some time to show & prove.

'The more emotion I put into it, the harder I rock' - O.C

Printer-friendly copy

Obama votes to confirm Rice and against challenging electoral count [View all] , spirit, Wed Jan-26-05 05:48 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
house negro
Jan 26th 2005
RE: house negro
Jan 26th 2005
RE: Obama votes to confirm Rice and against challenging electoral count
Jan 26th 2005
the dems are NOT a 'progressive political machine'
Jan 26th 2005
RE: the dems are NOT a 'progressive political machine'
Jan 26th 2005
      no, I'm telling you the Dems are moderate on most issues
Jan 27th 2005
he supports an invasion of Iran
Jan 26th 2005
That Uncle Tom........
Jan 26th 2005
hopefully now they start seeing it.
Jan 26th 2005
this thread is not about african liberation, did you read my post?
Jan 27th 2005
I don't agree with Rice's policies
Jan 26th 2005
she is not qualified, at all
Jan 27th 2005
damn....
Jan 27th 2005
From the GD thread on this topic:
Jan 27th 2005
both of my senators didn't vote for her
Jan 27th 2005
but one of your senators voted for the war :(
Jan 27th 2005
      lol, he ain't perfect!
Jan 27th 2005
lol. I guess he's no longer your hippie savior
Jan 27th 2005
RE: Obama votes to confirm Rice and against challenging electoral count
Jan 27th 2005
I stand corrected
Jan 27th 2005
This vote was a no-win situation for Barack
Jan 27th 2005
One, what makes you think Republicans want to work with him?
Jan 27th 2005
so if not Condi
Jan 27th 2005
      it was secretary of state
Jan 27th 2005
Obama? revolutionary? bwhahahahahaha...
Jan 27th 2005
you dont have to defend him, he fucked up, just admit it
Jan 27th 2005
stop making excuses for him just b/c he's black
Jan 27th 2005
seriously