Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #22143

Subject: "Thanks for the link." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
murph25
Charter member
733 posts
Mon Aug-28-00 12:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "Thanks for the link."
In response to In response to 9

The Greens have an interesting idea there about abolishing the Senate. They want to form a single congressional body where representation is proportional to population. I don't think the people of this country would ultimately want that, but I can understand the motives behind proposing it. The Green party is too idealistic for its own good sometimes.

As for Nader's differences with the Greens, I think he's more independent than any of the other candidates. First of all, the Green Party actually sought out Nader - they wanted him to run on their ticket. He didn't ask to be their candidate.

Its all over their web site that "this is not Nader's platform", and for good reason. He is an independent who is running as a Green Party candidate because he agrees with them in a lot of areas, and because they have grassroots resources that he needs. His campaign is not swimming in money the way Gore's and Bush's are, so allying himself with the Greens is important to his success.

peace,
murph

peace,
murph

Printer-friendly copy

Do they really care [View all] , kamikazee, Wed Aug-23-00 12:24 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Do they really care
Aug 25th 2000
Ralph Nader
Aug 25th 2000
you know what's sad?