Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #21124

Subject: "Laziness" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Wed Sep-20-00 06:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Laziness"
In response to In response to 0

I think that's the biggest factor. A lot of parents are so quick to put the responsibility of raising kids on something else. They refuse to take the time to see what their kids are getting into. I honestly think that some parents these days are too wrapped up in their own lives to worry about their children, and that's a damn shame.

I remember I was pissed at my moms for not letting me watch Eddie Murphy RAW when it came out, but I realize that it was for my own good now. These days, parents would care less if kids watch that kind of programming, but when they come home with a foul mouth, they point the finger at the entertainer and everyone else.

Also, I think that kids are a lot more spoiled these days, and the government has now regulated and decided what punishment is appropriate for discipline, so even if a parent wanted to correct their child, they would have to worry about breaking the law. With that said, kids have developed a "you can't do nothin to me" attitude, combine that with the spoiled factor, add in that they have access to inappropriate music and movies and you have what you have today: Kids taking control of their parents.

Peace
Rex

Abdul Jabbar, Muggsy Malone you
I don't know what that means but you know what I meant when I told you (c) Sean Price

Printer-friendly copy

where are the parents? [View all] , Melanism, Mon Sep-18-00 05:01 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: where are the parents?
Sep 19th 2000
you know what it is?
Sep 19th 2000
Eddie Murphy "RAW"
Wise_7
Oct 03rd 2000
Y did this post drop????
Oct 03rd 2000