Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #15035

Subject: "RE: response" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
knumskul
Charter member
1038 posts
Fri May-18-01 05:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
18. "RE: response"
In response to In response to 17

>you don't allow him to play with violent games or watch violent movies, but you allow him to play with toy guns.
sounds contradictory.

You know, before all this shit w/ Nathaniel Hawthorne and all the other kids shooting folks up, I never thought about it. Him having guns I mean. His dad bought the guns I was referring to and I guess I wasn't too alarmed because they don't look like real guns (wooden top, orange tip...). He's never really been interested in them either. That is, until he saw what they can do (The Patriot) which is when I panicked (unnecessarily, I realize). Before he got the guns, he used to play with his buddies and they would use sticks as guns. So now, after reading all of you guys' responses to this I realize that taking the guns away won't solve anything (there are sticks he could substitute them with). I'm not worried so much about him because he's a pretty mild mannered little boy. Not violent at all. Very compassionate nature. I am worried, though about a lot of other kids I know that are violent and quite different in nature who he has constant contact with. I'm worried about him picking up the wrong messages from television and people he encounters (society). For instance, at one time he thought that only men played basketball, football and that women were supposed to be cheerleaders and cook and clean and such. Of course I HAD to dispell that thought. We immediately got on the court and he saw just what his mom could do (I'm BA ).

>not all males like cannonballs and war. not all females are you.

I never said all males were alike. I said I never understood why men/boys do what they do. Men are VERy different from women. Don't you agree? I was looking for a male to help me understand (at least a lil bit) why boys do what they do. Standard Deviant made it all clear for me (thanks).
Not all females understand men. Shit, I've never known ONE who does (even gay ones).

Thanks for your input though. It was truly appreciated.

y'all *really* think" that you're tricking somebody into something don't you? what you don't realize is that most women decide within the first 5 minutes of meeting a dude whether or not they'll sleep with him. all your "game" is merely entertainment. - H

Printer-friendly copy

Are we breeding violent kids? [View all] , knumskul, Thu May-17-01 07:00 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
an answer sort of.
May 17th 2001
RE: Are we breeding violent kids?
May 17th 2001
RE: Are we breeding violent kids?
May 17th 2001
No, we are not
May 17th 2001
i agree