Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #19667

Subject: "RE: hate crime legislation.." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
utamaroho

Thu Jan-11-01 09:49 AM

1. "RE: hate crime legislation.."
In response to In response to 0

i like what marinera said in death penalty discussion:

>>When a person is committing the act or planning for the act of murder. They are not even considering the punishment. They are either SURE that they will get away or they aren't thinking about it at all, just on killing.

i don't think laws really change anything. they can influence people but aren't really a solution just a scare tactic mostly.

(((((PEACE)))))
(my black history month stuff, read fire's post)
DENMARK VESEY

An ex-slave of a slave trader, he knew the wickedness of slavery and that man was not meant to slave for man. It got to the point where Vesey couldn't bear to have a white person in his presence. He was very outspoken with his hatred for YT. When slaves bowed to YT in the street, he would rebuke them. When the slaves replied, "But we're slaves," Vesey would reply, "You deserve to be slaves." An infamous quote of Vesey was when he said, "We are free, but the white people here won't let us be so; and the only way is to raise up and fight the whites." One of his plans was to takeover of arsenals, guardhouses, powder magazines and naval stores in Charleston, South Carolina, but, he too, was betrayed by a house negro. Vesey and 5 of his aides were hanged on July 2, 1822.

(my black history month stuff, read fire's post)
DENMARK VESEY

An ex-slave of a slave trader, he knew the wickedness of slavery and that man was not meant to slave for man. It got to the point where Vesey couldn't bear to have a white person in his presence. He was very outspoken with his hatred for YT. When slaves bowed to YT in the street, he would rebuke them. When the slaves replied, "But we're slaves," Vesey would reply, "You deserve to be slaves." An infamous quote of Vesey was when he said, "We are free, but the white people here won't let us be so; and the only way is to raise up and fight the whites." One of his plans was to takeover of arsenals, guardhouses, powder magazines and naval stores in Charleston, South Carolina, but, he too, was betrayed by a house negro. Vesey and 5 of his aides were hanged on July 2, 1822.

Printer-friendly copy

hate crime legislation.. [View all] , Steve, Thu Jan-11-01 09:37 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: hate crime legislation..
Jan 13th 2001
      RE: hate crime legislation..
Jan 13th 2001
why is it that hate crimes legislation make me wary?
Jan 15th 2001
RE: why is it that hate crimes legislation make me wary?
TheJester
Jan 15th 2001
Jan 16th 2001
truth4u
Jan 16th 2001
It's gonna backfire...
Jan 17th 2001
RE: It's gonna backfire...
Jan 17th 2001
Exactly
Jan 17th 2001

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #19667 Previous topic | Next topic