Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2667489

Subject: "Former Bruins/Kings player, Tyler Honeycutt dead after police standoff" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Sat Jul-07-18 12:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Former Bruins/Kings player, Tyler Honeycutt dead after police standoff"

Shit...27
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24029399/tyler-honeycutt-dies-following-gunfire-exchange-police

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
damn...
Jul 07th 2018
Sounds like suicide. How horrible.
Jul 07th 2018
crazy....
Jul 07th 2018
Weird shit, I wonder what he was going through
Jul 07th 2018
Tragic
Jul 07th 2018
He would have been close to a lottery pick had he stayed
Jul 07th 2018

Kungset
Member since Mar 29th 2004
6426 posts
Sat Jul-07-18 02:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "damn..."
In response to Reply # 0

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43745 posts
Sat Jul-07-18 02:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Sounds like suicide. How horrible. "
In response to Reply # 0

Dude must have been going through it. Jesus.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Sat Jul-07-18 04:12 PM

3. "crazy...."
In response to Reply # 0

a real tragedy....

I think back to his time with UCLA …. one of the reasons he left early was he was getting harassed by Reeves Nelson... Howland tried to make that young crew fit together and kept giving Reeves chances, but eventually kicked him off the team.... Tyler left at the end of that year, but never fully evolved into the player he could have been...

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sat Jul-07-18 05:20 PM

4. "Weird shit, I wonder what he was going through"
In response to Reply # 0

I've seen a lot of guys come out of their careers early--whether they went to college or junior and didn't get further or kicked around the low-level pros--and have big problems. You focus so much on one thing and then it doesn't materialize. You feel young but there's a weird dualism of on one hand feeling like it's all over, as someone would in their old age, and also being relatively young but being kinda far behind other people your age because you sink it all into something that cannot continue. A lotta substance abuse problems arise from this and if someone already has psychological issues it can snowball fast. A lot of guys I have seen make the transition smoothly or at least eventually, but I think it's overlooked how dangerous that phase can be for a young athlete.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4382 posts
Sat Jul-07-18 07:08 PM

5. "Tragic"
In response to Reply # 0

He showed out in the tourney and bolted early imo. Would've went first round if he stayed another year. Had a feeling his development would be hindered going 2nd Rd to an awful franchise that changed coaches every season. Interested to see the details unfold and why this happened.

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Sat Jul-07-18 10:32 PM

6. "He would have been close to a lottery pick had he stayed"
In response to Reply # 5

for 1 more year....

he would have moved to shooting guard....he would have had the ball in his hands a lot.... Its crazy because I was just talking to my UCLA homie about how guys like Aaron Holiday and Thomas Welsh benefited from staying an extra year....and guys like Leaf and Akingubu hurt themselves by coming out a year too soon....

Tyler Honeycutt was best example of a guy going too soon... he was the target of a lot of Reeves Nelson crazy behavior with his teammates...kind of fukked up his college experience.....

1 more year in college and he would have really bubbled...

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2667489 Previous topic | Next topic