Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2627030

Subject: "NFL Draft 2018" Previous topic | Next topic
will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NFL Draft 2018"

I'll probably get to every player worth talking about. eventually.

--------

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Game Changer.
Oct 22nd 2017
QB Sam Darnold, USC (6'4, 220)
Nov 08th 2017
QB Josh Rosen, UCLA (6'4, 218)
Nov 08th 2017
RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State (5'11, 229)
Nov 08th 2017
      The single best penn state player I can remember
Nov 11th 2017
Above-Average Starter.
Oct 22nd 2017
RB Derrius Guice, LSU (5'11, 212)
Oct 22nd 2017
WR Dante Pettis, Washington (6'1, 195)
Oct 22nd 2017
as UW alum/fan, he's light years better than Ross.
Nov 08th 2017
      Browning has definitely cost him a few touchdowns.
Nov 08th 2017
           yup.
Nov 08th 2017
DE Clelin Ferrell, Clemson (6’5, 265)
Oct 22nd 2017
ILB Malik Jefferson, Texas (6'3, 240)
Nov 12th 2017
DE Bradley Chubb, NC State (6'4, 275)
Nov 15th 2017
Starter.
Oct 22nd 2017
OLB Harold Landry, Boston College (6'3, 250)
Oct 22nd 2017
WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M (5'11, 200)
Nov 08th 2017
WR Courtland Sutton, SMU (6'4, 216)
Nov 12th 2017
OLB Arden Key, LSU (6'6, 238)
Nov 15th 2017
Rotational Player.
Oct 22nd 2017
RB L.J. Scott, Michigan State (6'1, 229)
Oct 22nd 2017
QB Josh Allen, Wyoming (6'5, 233)
Oct 22nd 2017
QB Nick Fitzgerald, Mississippi State (6'5, 230)
Oct 22nd 2017
ILB Micah Kiser, Virginia (6'2, 240)
Oct 22nd 2017
WR Cam Phillips, Virginia Tech (6'0, 199)
Oct 22nd 2017
RB Bo Scarbrough, Alabama (6'2, 235)
Nov 08th 2017
RB Royce Freeman, Oregon (5'11, 231)
Nov 12th 2017
OLB Marquis Haynes, Ole Miss (6'3, 225)
Nov 15th 2017
Special Teamer.
Oct 22nd 2017
OLB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech (6'5, 236)
Oct 22nd 2017
CB/S Iman Marshall, USC (6'1, 205).
Oct 22nd 2017
WR Simmie Cobbs Jr., Indiana (6'4, 220)
Oct 22nd 2017
Just needs coaching.
Oct 22nd 2017
RB Kamryn Pettway, Auburn (6'0, 240)
Nov 08th 2017
      lmaoooooo
Nov 09th 2017
Do Ja'wuan Bentley if you get a chance
Nov 09th 2017
oh yeah?
Nov 09th 2017
      He's so productive, great motor and huge for a mlb
Nov 11th 2017

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Game Changer."
In response to Reply # 0

Coordinators scheme against him and teams win because of him. For quarterbacks, this isn't a Hall of Fame endorsement, but you are the franchise player and the team will go as far as you can take them.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Wed Nov-08-17 06:49 PM

19. "QB Sam Darnold, USC (6'4, 220)"
In response to Reply # 1

hype train is emptying so I'll move up a few seats. yeah, he hasn't been the greatest over the middle of the season, but I still think he's the guy you can give the keys to a franchise. getting beat up and torn down some after everyone called you Andrew Luck mixed with Troy Aikman is probably a good thing.

why keep the faith? he still has a ton of excellent plays. his arm can run any offense, and he throws like a NFL quarterback when he's on the move or resetting in the pocket. he diagnoses coverages pre-snap, he can go through three reads in as many seconds, and he understands how accurate you need to be when your throwing windows shrink down to pinholes in the NFL.

so yeah, I'm in. if you look around at the top 15 quarterbacks in the league, does he have the tools to be in that class? absolutely.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Wed Nov-08-17 06:51 PM

20. "QB Josh Rosen, UCLA (6'4, 218)"
In response to Reply # 1

when he's clicking it's a beautiful thing to watch. other quarterbacks wow you, but he has a polished, rhythmic perfection to his game -- almost Peyton-esque. he probably practiced five-step drops in elementary school.

his arm strength lets you call the entire playbook, and he throws the most catchable ball in this class. if you give him the basic hierarchy of quarterback needs (two seconds of protection, a non-anemic run threat and receivers with hands) he will carve a defense to the bone.

he hasn't always had that in his career, however. his receivers don't separate, his running backs are a missing persons unit and UCLA has the worst P5 defense in the country. I'll blame all that for the stubborn prayers he puts in the air every game.

the two weeks he's been hurt this year, and you can see how gotdamn awful his team is. they couldn't even compete. when he plays, though, he makes everyone better and gives his side a chance. that's a franchise quarterback quality.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Wed Nov-08-17 09:52 PM

27. "RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State (5'11, 229)"
In response to Reply # 1

when I first started going through his 2016 games, honestly I was a little bored. he was smooth, productive, and not that exciting to watch run the football.

then I put on the Wisconsin game. there's a specific play where T.J. Watt charges into the backfield unblocked. Barkley, with no momentum because Penn State is in shotgun and he’s offset, has barely taken the hand-off when Watt is close enough to breathe on him. Barkley immediately does a jump-cut that makes Watt piss himself, explodes upfield and somehow gains four yards.

that's a move only a NFL feature back can make. and that's all you really need to see. he's a three-down back (better start working on those outside blitz pickups, though) with the perfect body type for his position. draft him, put him in the backfield for the next half-decade and consider your running game solved.

--------

bshelly
Charter member
69671 posts
Sat Nov-11-17 11:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
32. "The single best penn state player I can remember"
In response to Reply # 27

Read nothing into his rushing stats this year. This is what it looks like when every defensive player keys on one guy running behind a trash offensive line. I don't know the last back with his combination of speed, power, moves, hands, instincts, and patience.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:28 PM

2. "Above-Average Starter."
In response to Reply # 0

very good starter who can have games at an elite level, but not as consistently as the best players. markedly better than who the opposing team lines up against him. for quarterbacks, this is a guy you can win with over the long haul.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:32 PM

6. "RB Derrius Guice, LSU (5'11, 212)"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun Oct-22-17 10:45 PM by will_5198

to me, he's more fun to watch than Barkley. seeing him burst through the line of scrimmage, then start pinballing off linebackers and safeties...it's one thing to see a big back do that, but a smaller guy giving forearm shivers to defenders is a beautiful, rare treat.

I love his vision (he can run in any system), and once he gets to the second level it's like the running of the bulls, with him out to hurt somebody bigger than him. of course NFL defenses are going to make that tougher, but I trust his superior balance and pad level to carry him through.

he is behind in the passing game because LSU in general hasn't been able to throw the football for a half-decade, so he'll concede third downs early in his career. but he gives your offense an identity when running the ball, and that's still worth something.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:34 PM

7. "WR Dante Pettis, Washington (6'1, 195)"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun Oct-22-17 10:46 PM by will_5198

he's nasty. his release, his routes, his ability after the catch...if you're having an off day as a corner, he'll make a highlight out of you. he runs right past press, and if you play off-man, his double moves can lock anybody's knees up -- he put a stop-and-go on Marlon Humphrey last year that juked the first-rounder back into his freshman year.

burst is elite once he has the ball, as he just outruns pursuit angles. not the biggest guy but he does the whole Marvin Harrison-DeSean Jackson trick of being too quick to hit squarely. hands are good, and he even returns punts. Chris Peterson's offense is more about running his system rather than feeding his studs, so he's had quiet games, but he can go off when called upon and is able to play any receiver position. he'd murder in the slot.

I like him better than John Ross coming out of college. throw him the ball for instant-offense.

--------

PROMO
Charter member
23914 posts
Wed Nov-08-17 07:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
21. "as UW alum/fan, he's light years better than Ross."
In response to Reply # 7

Ross is ALL speed. Pettis is ALL talent. Pettis reminds me of Doug Baldwin + 3-4 inches of height.

And I love John Ross.

If Jake Browning wasn't eating his own dick this year, Pettis would be standing out a lot more.

Even still, he just set the NCAA record for punt return TDs.

STAND OUT HAND OUTS: http://basquiatwhenipaint.tumblr.com

TWEET ME: @PROMO206

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Wed Nov-08-17 07:34 PM

22. "Browning has definitely cost him a few touchdowns."
In response to Reply # 21

>If Jake Browning wasn't eating his own dick this year, Pettis
>would be standing out a lot more.

at least once a game Pettis has scorched the last line of defense, then has slow to a stop for one of Browning's whiffleball deep passes.

--------

PROMO
Charter member
23914 posts
Wed Nov-08-17 07:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
24. "yup."
In response to Reply # 22

plus, not only that but like you said, Pettis will just cook his guy off the line and Browning never even sees him or has already done one of his dumb rollouts to the opposite side of Pettis.

Browning is my most love/hate UW athlete of all time.

STAND OUT HAND OUTS: http://basquiatwhenipaint.tumblr.com

TWEET ME: @PROMO206

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 11:03 PM

14. "DE Clelin Ferrell, Clemson (6’5, 265)"
In response to Reply # 2

a freaking animal. he plays angry all the time, and mauls his way through any sort of chip block or double-team just to get his post-throw hit in. and you need to send help his direction, because he's got a great first step that'll make your tackle look really bad. once he gets really comfortable running around your linemen, he'll start using those long, pass-rushing arms to counter with a bull rush/inside rip and run them over instead.

this type of abuse happens every time the offense drops back to pass. and he brings the same attitude to the run game -- send a pulling guard his way and he will detonate him at the line of scrimmage.

now he is a little top-heavy, and lacks that elite dip and balance the NFL superstars have. he's a bully though, and a guy that is going to force the offense into a big mistake. I'm a huge fan -- he's Clemson's best player this year.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Nov-12-17 01:20 PM

35. "ILB Malik Jefferson, Texas (6'3, 240)"
In response to Reply # 2

love this guy. the difference between him and a lot of fast athletes playing linebacker, is he can get in the scrum and crack some pads. so you combine his elite burst, with the willingness to throw a forearm shiver at a 300-pounder, and great tackling...yeah, I'll sign up for that on my team.

still developing in coverage, but you can put him over a tight end or back and he has the speed to run with them until the whistle. he eats up the same ground in zone; I'd drop him as an underneath robber so he can chase and destroy crossing routes on third down. or just blitz him -- he explodes past guards on A-gap runs, right into the quarterback's "oh fuck" part of the pocket.

modern day inside linebacker who'll be just 20 years old when the 2018 NFL season starts. only going to get better.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Wed Nov-15-17 09:36 PM

36. "DE Bradley Chubb, NC State (6'4, 275)"
In response to Reply # 2

took me a while to warm up to him, but he's definitely a beast. he's built like a cut linebacker, with prototypical 4-3 end size, and carries it well. I've seen him clamp down on Lamar Jackson, as well as line up outside the numbers in man coverage against a running back.

as a pass rusher he doesn't do one thing exceptionally well, but the overall package is a handful to deal with. his hands are strong. he can dip and bend the corner. he has a hell of a swim move. he can run twist games and beat you cross-face.

above all, he's relentless. he plays with a real edge, bordering illegal, and will scratch-claw-elbow his way into a quarterback pressure. he doesn't take run plays off, either, so he earns his pass rush opportunities.

Michael Bennett potential with a little slower first step.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:28 PM

3. "Starter."
In response to Reply # 0

sound, NFL-quality player. put him into the lineup and know you won't be at a huge disadvantage against anybody. for quarterbacks, this is who you give the chance to run a team, but is ultimately replaceable based on results.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:39 PM

8. "OLB Harold Landry, Boston College (6'3, 250)"
In response to Reply # 3

doesn't excite me much, especially for a guy who has put a lot of quarterbacks on the ground. he bends the corner and he's a hell of a finisher, but the NFL is all about having unique advantages. and he's not a game-wrecker in that sense.

better teams don't scheme for him, even with his coaches flipping him across the formation to find a match-up. they just run their offense as usual. they know he's coming from way out wide, with the same speed rush, and once you start cutting that off he doesn't show any reliable counters. being sized the same as Von Miller-Jamie Collins, I like my outside rushers to be a lot more twitchy -- he's smooth, but his jumps are inconsistent and I've seen him dusted in space too many times.

he has a future as a solid rush linebacker. he just won't be a star.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Wed Nov-08-17 09:26 PM

26. "WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M (5'11, 200)"
In response to Reply # 3

he's a bit overrated at this point in the draft process. a good prospect being presented as an elite one.

A&M works hard to get him free, whether it's backfield motion or pick plays, and he does well to find cracks in zones. excellent, excellent hands with the body control to match. just a really great feel for catching the ball. pure speed isn't his game but he can sneak behind your safety.

although he's presented as this master route-runner, he has room to improve (over-eager to get into his break, leading to contested catches). and boy he can suck against a real press corner. like I mentioned, he's either stacked or in the slot to mitigate that, but it's just another reason why he's not a top-level prospect.

I like his competitiveness -- he throws his body around and blocks like a man -- and most NFL teams could use a guy who does what he does. which is fine, as long as you're not expecting a centerpiece offensive star. he's a complimentary one.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Nov-12-17 01:18 PM

34. "WR Courtland Sutton, SMU (6'4, 216)"
In response to Reply # 3

he needs a year of practice reps and a hell of a position coach, but the outline of a starting NFL receiver is all there. when defenses let him run around he can be scary -- he moves effortlessly for his size, and once he's downfield your safeties have a problem. he's a three-touchdown threat on any given Saturday.

there's definitely stuff that gives you pause, though. he's a little soft against contested throws, and his hands are just OK. he doesn't have a reliable way to beat press coverage. he gets lost against zone, and will end up covering himself. sort of basic professional receiver things.

seems like he has the right attitude -- blocks like a monster, first to congratulate a teammate and doesn't pout when he's often a decoy -- so that's encouraging. as long as you don't expect too much, too soon, he could reward you nicely down the line.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Wed Nov-15-17 09:40 PM

38. "OLB Arden Key, LSU (6'6, 238)"
In response to Reply # 3

people will point to his off-field stuff as a huge hit to his draft capital, but I don't think he was quite the second coming to begin with.

he flies off the edge like a fucking rocket, but he's all arms and legs -- which means his lankiness works against him when you need to dip around the corner against NFL linemen (*Dion Jordan shudder*).

that first step is great, though, and his punch could be awesome with more work. move him around and he'd be scary coming down the A-gaps. build up his inside move, to go with his natural speed, and that combination is going to threaten an offense. just not Von Miller 2.0, as advertised in 2016.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:29 PM

4. "Rotational Player."
In response to Reply # 0

spot starters but ideal playing limited snaps. has some sort of flaw that prevents him from being a regular in lineup. for quarterbacks, a developmental prospect.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:43 PM

9. "RB L.J. Scott, Michigan State (6'1, 229)"
In response to Reply # 4

solid guy to have on your three-deep. he lacks that certain NFL feature back magic, but he's great at waiting for his blocks to set up, can break a few tackles and won't kill you in the passing game. he's run out of all the pro formations (shotgun offset, single back, I-form) in college and done so well.

great at falling forward and making compact cuts to slip around penetration. burst and long speed are only average -- he loses races to the corner -- plus his open field moves are comedic. his favorite is the triple-juke, trip-myself-into-a-ground-tackle.

got in the doghouse for soft fumbles in 2017, then injured, so his overall numbers are down. but in 2016, Michigan and Ohio State gave him eight-man boxes full of NFL defenders and he had two of his career-best games.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:45 PM

10. "QB Josh Allen, Wyoming (6'5, 233)"
In response to Reply # 4

is this a joke? he checks off every box when it comes to the great overhyped quarterback: tall, big arm, white, and unable to throw accurately or read defenses.

people will talk about the lack of talent he had this year, and the skill position players are admittedly not great. but he makes it harder on them, because he doesn't throw with touch or timing. plus, his line gives him good enough protection -- half his sacks are him walking into them.

even if he had a great team around him, they wouldn't help his inability to get the ball out on time. holy hell he is late on nearly every throw. he can't anticipate an open receiver, and has to wait until he sees him open before he cocks the hammer. which is too late in the NFL, no matter how big of an arm you have. we’re talking fatal flaw here.

I'm not even going to get into detail about his scattered accuracy, half-dozen throws off his back foot each game, and fuck-it mentality when he goes through progressions. he’s got a hell of an arm, but that's about as useful as a fast wide receiver who can't run a route. he's a pro day quarterback, not a game day one.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:52 PM

13. "QB Nick Fitzgerald, Mississippi State (6'5, 230)"
In response to Reply # 4
Sun Oct-22-17 10:52 PM by will_5198

he may get some extra love because of what Dak has done, but fuck that -- Dan Mullen also coached Tim Tebow if we're going to be all about transitive property.

I do think he's worth a developmental shot, however. when his offense stays ahead of the sticks and defenses respect his running ability (he moves well enough for his size), he can look really good. he does some defender manipulation with head fakes, and will go through multiple reads as needed.

that said, when defenses take away that RPO-check-with-the-sideline on first down, and they start throwing out different coverage looks, he gets bogged down. he can be slow to process everything going on around him, which is basically the mortal sin of quarterbacking. timing goes, ball placement goes, and the bad reads come. even at his best he is not a supremely accurate thrower, so the ugly sequences snowball quickly with him.

overall he has enough NFL-quality traits to be on a roster, and maybe he puts it together in time. or maybe not. certainly not a gamble I would spend a high pick to bet on.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 11:11 PM

16. "ILB Micah Kiser, Virginia (6'2, 240)"
In response to Reply # 4

reminds me of Kevin Minter when he was in college. or Denzel Perryman. short, squatty middle linebacker who flows to the ball and has a big punch. not afraid to challenge a blocker and a sure tackler. coverage drops are actually half-decent, as he moves well enough, but he's a '90s linebacker playing in 2017. not many buyers in that market.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 11:13 PM

17. "WR Cam Phillips, Virginia Tech (6'0, 199)"
In response to Reply # 4

fun college receiver but doesn't have a standout NFL ability. good hands, can win the ball in the air and hard to pin down after the catch. but his size-speed-routes aren't really going to make anybody on an NFL defense worried.

Jeremy Kerley-type who can make a few plays in light duty.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Wed Nov-08-17 07:37 PM

23. "RB Bo Scarbrough, Alabama (6'2, 235)"
In response to Reply # 4

the usual Alabama back made better by his circumstances. hurt all the time because he runs tall and has thin legs, and that's with him taking less hits due to a great offensive line.

speaking of, while he does a good job sliding off first tackle, most of his misses happen because he can do a warm-up jog before reaching the second level. vision is nothing special; he's a straight-line runner who follows play exactly or bounces it to the outside with great blocking.

has a nice stride for a big guy and long speed as well. change of pace back; he won't be an effective starter and his propensity for injury works against him as well.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Nov-12-17 01:16 PM

33. "RB Royce Freeman, Oregon (5'11, 231)"
In response to Reply # 4

not an impressive runner to me. he's been historically productive -- second all-time leading rusher in Pac-12 history, most career touchdowns scored from scrimmage -- but I don't see an impact NFL player.

for a guy built like a tree trunk, he doesn't break as many tackles as he should. that's due to pad level, which is correctable, but what can't be changed are his slow-ass feet. no suddenness, no sway, no plant and burst. no chance against elite defenders.

also a big zero in the passing game, so when he's on the field you're getting a goal-line back who runs counter extremely well, while telling the defense you won't be throwing the ball. that's not a great trade.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Wed Nov-15-17 09:38 PM

37. "OLB Marquis Haynes, Ole Miss (6'3, 225)"
In response to Reply # 4

classic tweener. fun to watch in college because he gets great jumps, and has a lot of dog in him to get after the quarterback. Jalen Hurts is going to feel the hit Haynes put on him last season for the rest of his career.

he lacks variety in his pass rush set, however. his speed beats most college linemen, and he just sticks with that. when he has to convert to power, he can't really do it, and despite his best efforts he gets eaten up pretty well in the run game.

needs strength and technique upgrades, but could eventually see the field as a rush specialist.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:30 PM

5. "Special Teamer."
In response to Reply # 0

strict back-ups and fringe NFL players. their sins are more permanent and harder to overcome.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:48 PM

11. "OLB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech (6'5, 236)"
In response to Reply # 5

"see ball, find ball" player who can run for days but lacks a lot of football instincts. useless in the tackle box; you can run right at him. he's a decent blitzer because he's fast and his suddenness gives linemen trouble, but he lacks actual pass rush moves besides being athletic.

coverage is an issue too. he plays slower than he runs because he doesn't have much anticipation for throwing windows -- quarterbacks who use head movement can spin him around the field like a marionette. he bites hard on play-action too, and will blow simple coverages like a delayed running back release into the flat.

he'll test like a beast but I think he's a bad play waiting to happen.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 10:49 PM

12. "CB/S Iman Marshall, USC (6'1, 205)."
In response to Reply # 5

terrible at playing the ball. combine his lack of body coordination and grab-anything-that-moves ball skills, and it's a horror show when deep passes get thrown his way.

fast when moving forward and a nice frame for a taller defensive back, so maybe he should try safety. then again, he's a horrible tackler and safeties have to play the ball in the air as well. big pedigree (five-star from Long Beach Poly > USC starter) but just a name, really.

--------

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 11:10 PM

15. "WR Simmie Cobbs Jr., Indiana (6'4, 220)"
In response to Reply # 5

he's the kind of player you could make a great highlight reel of, but once you start watching full games of him the excitement dies quickly.

he can't really move around the formation, and he runs about three routes in total (hitch, slant and go/fade). he's a straight-line guy without the speed threat, and for a bigger receiver it's amazing how bad he is at beating press coverage. it takes everything he has just to get into his route after being beat up for five yards.

while he never gets separation, he does have the hands of God and wins catches that he has no business coming down with. which looks great on a YouTube clip. but that's a very narrow skillset in the NFL, and not worth all the other negatives you get when he's on the field.

--------

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
29426 posts
Sun Oct-22-17 11:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "Just needs coaching."
In response to Reply # 15

>he can't really move around the formation, and he runs about
>three routes in total (hitch, slant and go/fade). he's a
>straight-line guy without the speed threat, and for a bigger
>receiver it's amazing how bad he is at beating press coverage.
>it takes everything he has just to get into his route after
>being beat up for five yards.
>
>while he never gets separation, he does have the hands of God
>and wins catches that he has no business coming down with.
>which looks great on a YouTube clip. but that's a very narrow
>skillset in the NFL, and not worth all the other negatives you
>get when he's on the field.

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

[font size=4 font color="green"

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Wed Nov-08-17 07:59 PM

25. "RB Kamryn Pettway, Auburn (6'0, 240)"
In response to Reply # 5

remember the PS2 versions of Madden, when you'd call inside lead for a big running back like Stephen Davis, have a humongous hole up the middle, then some defensive end's hand touches him and he fell down like a bag of rocks?

this guy exactly. he even rocks that oversized neck roll from back in the day. he has all the lateral agility of a locomotive, and about the same acceleration. he'll barrel through an inside gap but is dead to rights if he has to make anybody miss. save a spot for him on the bench when it's time to pass the ball; his protection is abysmal and he can't even take draws from shotgun because he needs two seconds to turn his body towards the line of scrimmage.

hard pass.

--------

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
73559 posts
Thu Nov-09-17 09:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
29. "lmaoooooo"
In response to Reply # 25

>remember the PS2 versions of Madden, when you'd call inside
>lead for a big running back like Stephen Davis, have a
>humongous hole up the middle, then some defensive end's hand
>touches him and he fell down like a bag of rocks?
>

man this used to have me so frustrated.

<--- Big Baller World Order

calminvasion
Charter member
11593 posts
Thu Nov-09-17 12:20 AM

28. "Do Ja'wuan Bentley if you get a chance"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Nov-09-17 12:21 AM by calminvasion

I could be totally off, but if cliff Avril could become a top level starter, can't see why JB can't.

will_5198
Charter member
59113 posts
Thu Nov-09-17 11:01 PM

30. "oh yeah?"
In response to Reply # 28

I miss those days when Purdue was good for producing a sneaky-underrated defensive prospect every spring.

--------

calminvasion
Charter member
11593 posts
Sat Nov-11-17 07:18 PM

31. "He's so productive, great motor and huge for a mlb"
In response to Reply # 30

Not sure his 40 is great but game speed is legit

Also I have no idea if any of it translates. I haven't watched a regular season NFL game in 5+ years

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2627030 Previous topic | Next topic