Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame (6'5, 330)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2627030&mesg_id=2636806
2636806, OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame (6'5, 330)
Posted by will_5198, Sun Jan-07-18 08:56 PM
as far as interior linemen go, I've been scarred since Chance Warmack and Jonathan Cooper both went in the top ten a half-decade ago. one was classically dominating, the other a freak of nature for the position. neither became the guaranteed All-Pro they were supposed to be.

I realize that has nothing to do with Nelson, but the same talk is accompanying him ("safest pick in the draft"). and there's not a ton to critique about his play: he can absolutely destroy people. he's strong, with the size, the wingspan, and balance to anchor the pocket or move the line of scrimmage. balanced, too, so even when he gets caught out of position he recovers well.

he isn't as good pulling to the wide side, and can waist-bend some out in space, but those were about all the deficiencies I noticed. also you have to love the fact he plays mean, and enjoys punishing his opponent.

considering the overall decrepit state of lines across the league, a Zack Martin-like guard would do wonders for nearly every team.