Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2621630

Subject: "CC Sabathia has opinions (spolier: they're pretty stupid)" Previous topic | Next topic
Walleye
Charter member
15525 posts
Fri Sep-01-17 07:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"CC Sabathia has opinions (spolier: they're pretty stupid)"

The game is changing a lot, but it's actually kind of a relief to know this fat doofus is still whining about being forced to field his position after a decade and a half.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/a/36928801/sabathia-mad-about-the-red-sox-bunting-on-him-its-called-playing-to-win-cc/

Sabathia mad about the Red Sox bunting on him; it's called playing to win, CC

Sporting News
Sporting News / 22 minutes ago

CC Sabathia said some dumb stuff Thursday night.

The short version: Opponents can only try to beat the Yankees left-hander one way. They can't do other things to throw him off.

In particular, Sabathia was outraged that Boston tried to bunt on him for a second consecutive game.

MORE: Sox partly to blame for Severino being Yanks' ace

The Sox bunted when the teams met at Fenway Park on Aug. 19, and Boston infielder Eduardo Nunez did it again Thursday at Yankee Stadium. Sabathia has dominated the Sox this year (.159/.227/.232 slash line against him in the first three meetings), and Nunez knows how well his former teammate moves (or doesn't) off the mound because of a bad knee.

Sabathia fielded Nunez's poor bunt cleanly but threw wildly to first base for an error. Two walks later, the Red Sox had the bases loaded. An enraged Sabathia worked out of the jam, yelled at the Red Sox as he walked to the dugout, and then dominated for the next five innings. He was done after six, New York won 6-2, and Sabathia improved to 4-0 vs. Boston in 2017.

But CC couldn't let the bunt go after the game. He called the Sox "weak" and "scared" for not just going up to the plate and hacking.

"I mean, they have a really good lineup. I want to go out and compete against them. I just feel like sometimes they don't want to," Sabathia said, per the New York Daily News.

"It shows me what they've got over there," he also said.

Oh, come on, CC. What "they've got over there" is a first-place team that's leading your team by 4 1/2 games in the American League East with a month to play.

What they've got over there is an offense with the fourth-highest on-base percentage in the AL.

What they've got over there is a team that's playing to win. Nunez was being smart, not scared, by bunting.

"I don't care if he was mad," Nunez said, per the Daily News, although Sabathia told reporters Nunez apologized to him during the game.

Speaking of mad . . .

Sabathia did the fake-tough-guy routine: He said any Boston player could meet him in center field Friday if they had a problem with what he said. This after he declined to retaliate by plunking someone.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I like CC, but this was pretty stupid
Sep 01st 2017
i read about this about 3x before i gave up. I couldn't figure out his p...
Sep 01st 2017
He's been mad about this for his entire career
Sep 01st 2017
      i'm also laughing at CC saying dude apologized for it
Sep 01st 2017
           This explanation makes a lot of sense
Sep 01st 2017
                yeah one article said cc said he apologized in the 2nd inning lol
Sep 01st 2017
What's his next contract look like in 2018?
Sep 01st 2017
Is the Yankees rotation going to be so stocked that he's not needed?
Sep 01st 2017
(fill in the blank) has opinions (spolier: they're pretty stupid)
Sep 01st 2017
Jim Rice has opinions on CC's opinions (spolier: he calls CC fat)
Sep 01st 2017
lol
Sep 02nd 2017

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12496 posts
Fri Sep-01-17 08:13 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I like CC, but this was pretty stupid"
In response to Reply # 0

Sorry about the bad knee but we're trying to get on base dude

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59187 posts
Fri Sep-01-17 08:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "i read about this about 3x before i gave up. I couldn't figure out his p..."
In response to Reply # 0

he mad they making him play defense? lol

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Walleye
Charter member
15525 posts
Fri Sep-01-17 08:24 AM

3. "He's been mad about this for his entire career"
In response to Reply # 2

I remember the Twins used to bunt on him a lot. It made sense. He's really hard to hit; they had a lefty-heavy lineup, and he's incredibly fat.

He's been filling up his giant diaper about this for a long time now.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

Cenario
59187 posts
Fri Sep-01-17 09:02 AM

4. "i'm also laughing at CC saying dude apologized for it"
In response to Reply # 3

it probably was some shoulder shrug sorry bro, not some i'm sorry man that was bush league. CC a clown smh

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Call It Anything
Member since Aug 13th 2005
10951 posts
Fri Sep-01-17 10:39 AM

6. "This explanation makes a lot of sense"
In response to Reply # 4

>it probably was some shoulder shrug sorry bro, not some i'm
>sorry man that was bush league. CC a clown smh

I couldn't straighten that out in my mind but I think I'm going to go with this.

Cenario
59187 posts
Fri Sep-01-17 10:49 AM

8. "yeah one article said cc said he apologized in the 2nd inning lol"
In response to Reply # 6

that's the only reasonable explanation i can come up with. Dude ain't have no change of heart in 20 minutes lol

Call It Anything
Member since Aug 13th 2005
10951 posts
Fri Sep-01-17 10:30 AM

5. "What's his next contract look like in 2018?"
In response to Reply # 0

3 years ago it didn't look like he'd get a new one but now he appears to have some more gas in the tank. I don't think anybody is going to overpay for him, but he's likely good for 2 seasons of 150 IP at a league average ERA. Plus he brings "veteran presents". He's a Bay Area guy and the A's could probably use an innings eater. Maybe he takes a victory lap in Oakland for 2/$15 million?

Walleye
Charter member
15525 posts
Fri Sep-01-17 10:44 AM

7. "Is the Yankees rotation going to be so stocked that he's not needed?"
In response to Reply # 5

That money/years sounds right to me. And two healthy years should get him pretty safely clear of 3,000 strikeouts and 250 wins, assuming those things are important to him. But isn't the Yankees youth primarily centered around position players? With Pineda perpetually between serious injuries, Tanaka eligible to opt out, Severino constantly projected as a reliever before this season, etc. seems like they'd be smart to keep a spot warm for him. Plus, playing for the 2018 A's doesn't really sound like much of a victory lap.

Give me Yankees for 1/10 or 2/15 like you said.

--Walleye's Dad

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86679 posts
Fri Sep-01-17 01:15 PM

9. "(fill in the blank) has opinions (spolier: they're pretty stupid)"
In response to Reply # 0

^^^ this could be the headline for damn near any post about an interview with an athlete or celebrity, lol. I think this board needs to adopt this format and use it frequently.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27118 posts
Fri Sep-01-17 01:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "Jim Rice has opinions on CC's opinions (spolier: he calls CC fat)"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/TomCaron/status/903467469351747585

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Sat Sep-02-17 01:02 AM

11. "lol"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Sep-02-17 01:02 AM by denny

Reminds me when tennis player Michael Chang went on that surprising run in the late 80's and a couple of high-seeded players he beat complained that his serve wasn't fast enough...implying that it was somehow unsportsmanlike to serve up softies that they weren't used to returning. lol He even did an underhanded serve at one point.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2621630 Previous topic | Next topic