Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board topic #73433

Subject: "Triangles and Shit" Previous topic | Next topic
marywalsh
Member since Jun 29th 2007
117 posts
Tue Apr-15-08 04:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Triangles and Shit"

A spiral downwards, or a spiral upwards, upwards, up thirds, up fourth ‘n’ fifths, musical arrangement Flowers, nameless flowers that smell great. In a case, yellow painted glazed with painted flowers, not painted accurate, but like flower symbols, like how hearts, living beating bleeding palpitating hearts, do not look like a triangle, pointed downwards, left to right points A, B, and C, and side b is attached to adjacent half-circles, equal in size, whose flat sides add up to equal in sum the length of side b. Side d plus side e equal side b where side d is also the straight side of half-circle D, and ‘’ e ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ E. Just as so, these flowers were symbols and not flowers, the flowers painted on the ceramic vase, but the flowers in the vase, those were real. Real like an attitude like why can’t you be real with me, honesty, talk about how are you what’s on your mind not do you know what’s going on tonight I’m a little drunk hugs, not out of real love but fake. The opposite. Just quit, cigarettes, drugs, school, while you’re ahead, make your bed, and sleep in it. Move to a country home in Amenia, NY, Ammonia, Anemia, Anick is sick, tired, Olivia is not sick, just sad, convinces herself and skips class, lies in bed watching Battlestar Galactica, Scralactica, good bassline, Incubus, music liked by preteens in the 00’s, 2000’s, two thousands, but good basslines. Are you in? Pardon me. Good basslines. Songs with guilty pleasure lyrics. I dig my toes into the sand, the ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket. 311 concert at PNC, where high school kids see Allman Brothers and buy acid tabs, one-two-three on pink tongue and pass to Cassandra. Not friends anymore, turned into moms, mom one with sweet red hair and glasses, knits and take classes, red Chevrolet, mom two make-up like she’s fifteen, hits on Nick “Girls, don’t you think he is Alexander’s best looking friend?” makes Nick uncomfortable on more than one occasion, flirts with twenty-four year old at Verizon store, what a crazy fool, black Lexus. And Cassandra drives a red convertible, crashes it, every chance she gets, lies about it, embarrassed. For you, me too. Got to get poisonous people out of my life, but Luis is still calling and I don’t know what to do. Too shy to bitch out. Cousin Mary, third or something, Papa Jim’s cousin’s daughter, good friend. Remarkable person. Invented a prosthetic arm, can’t find a man. But why? Too shy, around the ones she likes, eHarmony.com give it a try, but why, no one’s right. Keep meeting squares, not me, will get married, take my husband’s name, pop out 7 kids, Catholic tradition, will commit suicide when I’m too old to function, disguise it as an accident so nobody blames themselves, like Mary and Jerry and John and Patty, not Terry, and Ellen, and Kate, and Claire, and Bill, we’ll see, it’s too early to call, Ellen is sad, won’t get a job, Terry is happy, gilfriend involved, Kate is crazy, I don’t even know, Mom and Dad confusing turn my brain off, back of my notebook fell off, feel the ridges of the holographic cover when I write, only two more pages left, Eli Manning throws when you turn from left to right, nothing left to write, want to take a nap, hot chocolate does that.

Art:

maryhoulihan.blogspot.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Freestyle Board topic #73433 Previous topic | Next topic