Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12980569

Subject: "Y'all been to events/parties/gathering with Social Media policies?" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49420 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 11:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Y'all been to events/parties/gathering with Social Media policies?"
Tue Mar-01-16 11:49 AM by Buddy_Gilapagos

I went to a babyshowering and a wedding recently where the couple throwing the party had a posted social media policy telling people it was cool to take pictures but please don't post anything to social media.

My initial reaction was "da hell" but then it made a lot of sense. Because they were both small gatherings they couldn't invite everyone they wanted to and didn't want people to feel left out from seeing pictures on social media.

It reminded because I went on a trip with a group of friends and one from the group posted a lot of picks and then you got to read comments like "Dang how come i wasn't invited."

Heck I saw an outing by a group of friends recently and had the same question.

Seems like social media policies (written or just agreed upon) for events (and even hanging out) will be more of a thing in the future. I bet that NAACP President wished there was a social media policy posted at that strip club she went to.

How you feel about some one telling you what you can and can not post to your facebook feed?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Went to a wedding where the policy was no photos
Mar 01st 2016
to each their own...
Mar 01st 2016
i love that shit.
Mar 01st 2016
I hate the "smh no invite" crowd....
Mar 01st 2016
And it usually be the niggas who never show up to anything
Mar 01st 2016
I almost did for a small game night I had at my house
Mar 01st 2016
I almost did for a small game night I had at my house
Mar 01st 2016
Damn you be letting 100+ people up in your crib?!
Mar 01st 2016
The BBQ's outside will have that many, Super Bowl gets close though
Mar 01st 2016
      Crazy
Mar 01st 2016
           It can be scary/risky at times, but it's helped my "following" a whole l...
Mar 01st 2016
100 people? lmao
Mar 01st 2016
Yea man, they're almost infamous. Even some rappers and semi-celebs
Mar 01st 2016
      looks like a good time.
Mar 01st 2016
      You bout to make me pull out pictures from my parties back in the day.
Mar 01st 2016
           What years were you going hard with it?
Mar 01st 2016
*picturing that house party in Menace*
Mar 01st 2016
LMAO...I low key think my house was in Menace, just painted green
Mar 01st 2016
this the whole point, dog:
Mar 01st 2016
      Maaaan look...it was def a good time, but that Black Card Revoked?????
Mar 01st 2016
I'm salty now over parties/chill session photos from high school
Mar 01st 2016
sheeit. i have issues with my picture taken
Mar 01st 2016
a younger me would think this was stupid, but i can see the point now
Mar 01st 2016
every party i had but not for that silly reason lol.
Mar 01st 2016
single moms I know praising Jesus there was no social media
Mar 01st 2016

Ted Gee Seal
Member since Apr 18th 2007
10091 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 11:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Went to a wedding where the policy was no photos"
In response to Reply # 0

I enjoyed it. The difference was clear when I went to the next wedding (both were for Mrs Seal's family) and my wife couldn't see the ceremony properly because her father was standing in front of her with his hands over his head, taking photos on his old point and shoot.

Just IMO though.

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 11:53 AM

2. "to each their own..."
In response to Reply # 0

..its fair to recognize that not everyone enjoys the spotlight or social media.

i don't see a problem with that policy.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 12:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "i love that shit."
In response to Reply # 0

i haven't been to one yet but i'd have NO problem w/that policy. and i hope to see that kind of thing spread but i'm sure it won't b/c...ppl suck.

but that shit is great IMO. we need more of it.

fuck you.

RS
Charter member
1260 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 12:16 PM

4. "I hate the "smh no invite" crowd...."
In response to Reply # 0

...but I also love them, because they make me laugh....at them. Losers.

DJPoke
Member since May 14th 2008
1285 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 12:23 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "And it usually be the niggas who never show up to anything"
In response to Reply # 4

I gotta dude who pulls that ALL THE DAMN TIME. Like you mad cause I ain't give you a chance to flake breh?

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 12:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"I almost did for a small game night I had at my house"
Tue Mar-01-16 12:38 PM by -DJ R-Tistic-

When I have BBQ's and Super Bowl parties, it's anywhere from 80-125 people there, so I know folks will post it online, I just know I'll never post pics to my own account.

But I had a small, hand selected game night last month with just 20 people, and I aaaalmost said "don't post anything on social media" just because I know how it goes.. All it took was one person there to put it on Snapchat, and I got texts...."so you really had a game night and didn't invite me?" And it was from some folks I talk to often, but just didn't invite because...I just didn't! Wanted to keep it small and only invite folks who wouldn't take it too serious and start yelling at folks, because that actually does happen at game nights.

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

-DJ R-Tistic-
51986 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 12:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "I almost did for a small game night I had at my house"
In response to Reply # 0

When I have BBQ's and Super Bowl parties, it's anywhere from 80-125 people there, so I know folks will post it online, I just know I'll never post pics to my own account.

But I had a small, hand selected game night last month with just 20 people. All it took was one person there to put it on Snapchat, and I got texts...."so you really had a game night and didn't invite me?" And it was from some folks I talk to often, but just didn't invite because...I just didn't! Wanted to keep it small and only invite folks who wouldn't take it too serious and start yelling at folks, because that actually does happen at game nights.

DJPoke
1285 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 12:43 PM

7. "Damn you be letting 100+ people up in your crib?!"
In response to Reply # 6

Your neighbors ever complain? I threw a 30th bday party and I had like 50+ up in mine and was ready to pull a Martin after 3 hours. Ever had anything stolen?

-DJ R-Tistic-
51986 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 01:44 PM

12. "The BBQ's outside will have that many, Super Bowl gets close though"
In response to Reply # 7

Surprisingly, I just have that type of crowd...never ANY drama. Well ok...last Super Bowl, two girls who came together almost fought because one of them supposedly fucked the other one's girl...I carried her ass out real fast.

But the neighbors are always cool with it. What was interesting is one of the 50 year old neighbors actually told me, "I like it when you have parties...I can tell it's all young folks that got their stuff together. You never see them walkin up with pants hangin off their ass, and they're never smoking or drinking in the front yard." Cops only came once bc of noise complaint at 9PM, and they left soon as I turned it down a bit.

DJPoke
1285 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 02:06 PM

16. "Crazy"
In response to Reply # 12

I don't even think I want 100 niggas knowing where I live. Plus I'm anal about my bathrooms. I don't even like family dropping dueces In my crib lol. I got ho ass neighbors too also.

-DJ R-Tistic-
51986 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 02:30 PM

18. "It can be scary/risky at times, but it's helped my "following" a whole l..."
In response to Reply # 16

I got the house in 2011, and my overall brand/following exploded here at the same time that I started throwing parties there...I only 1-2 per year. It's never been any drama or issues, aside from guys who get caught up with their girls or things on that side. And everybody knows I got those video cameras on DEEECK LOL, inside and outside!

The bathroom is SURELY the worst part, I feel you on that! I have two, but one is tiny and almost hidden.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 12:45 PM

8. "100 people? lmao"
In response to Reply # 6

I was a little thrown off when you said 20 people = small gathering

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

-DJ R-Tistic-
51986 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 01:50 PM

13. "Yea man, they're almost infamous. Even some rappers and semi-celebs"
In response to Reply # 8

have stopped through, sometimes hopping on the mic and all. Bad Lucc posted all these at the one last August:

https://www.instagram.com/p/6bQhzxKfqQ/
https://www.instagram.com/p/6bZ7uKqfuy/
https://www.instagram.com/p/6bbW9WKfiA/
https://www.instagram.com/p/3DFlOPkZfO/

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 02:05 PM

15. "looks like a good time. "
In response to Reply # 13

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49420 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 02:10 PM

17. "You bout to make me pull out pictures from my parties back in the day."
In response to Reply # 13

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

-DJ R-Tistic-
51986 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 02:30 PM

19. "What years were you going hard with it? "
In response to Reply # 17

flipnile
Member since Nov 05th 2003
13575 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 12:47 PM

9. "*picturing that house party in Menace*"
In response to Reply # 6

the one that Harold & Cain got popped leaving.

-DJ R-Tistic-
51986 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 01:51 PM

14. "LMAO...I low key think my house was in Menace, just painted green"
In response to Reply # 9

I saw one scene n said wait......

Government Name
Member since Dec 16th 2005
23190 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 02:37 PM

20. "this the whole point, dog:"
In response to Reply # 6

>take it
>too serious and start yelling at folks, because that actually
>does happen at game nights.

LOL.

the yelling, arguing, the sh*t talking etc is why i go. i cant remember the last game night i went to that didnt have ninjas yelling "STOP THE TIMER! HOL THE F*CK UP" during Taboo cause cats interpret the rules differently based on where they're from lol

________
http://twitter.com/aehorton
http://instagram.com/aehorton

-DJ R-Tistic-
51986 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 03:04 PM

23. "Maaaan look...it was def a good time, but that Black Card Revoked?????"
In response to Reply # 20

The game that doesn't have any true answers and works off of "Majority wins" because the box even says "we know y'all Black folks are gonna make up your own rules anyway." Mannn....

I just know it lead to a debate where one dude said Teddy Pendergrass was a horrible singer, and another dude said Keith Sweat was a one hit wonder (with "Nobody" being the hit he mentioned). We stopped the game for 15 minutes just to play songs...shit was classic but so ignorant!

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 12:57 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "I'm salty now over parties/chill session photos from high school"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Mar-01-16 12:59 PM by Teknontheou

I wasn't invited to and didn't know anything about. I'm only finding out about because people are posting stuff on FB 20 years later.

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 01:06 PM

11. "sheeit. i have issues with my picture taken"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Mar-01-16 01:07 PM by akon

e.g when just randomly out at a club- and they have a photog
im always like wtf? no
or randomly on the streets
i know its getting harder to manage this... but....

im also a bit wierd about fb, to be honest.
whenever i post pics of friends - its always private
i dont assume that everyone wants to be 'out there'

i totally get it

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

Government Name
Member since Dec 16th 2005
23190 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 02:37 PM

21. "a younger me would think this was stupid, but i can see the point now"
In response to Reply # 0

________
http://twitter.com/aehorton
http://instagram.com/aehorton

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85076 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 02:42 PM

22. "every party i had but not for that silly reason lol."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Mar-01-16 02:43 PM by BrooklynWHAT

<--- Big Baller World Order

j.
Member since Feb 24th 2009
3819 posts
Tue Mar-01-16 03:23 PM

24. "single moms I know praising Jesus there was no social media "
In response to Reply # 0

back in 98 when they was hiking up their skirt and shaking their ass everytime the thong song came on in the club

their daughters won't have that luxury

Lobby General Discussion topic #12980569 Previous topic | Next topic