Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12962960

Subject: "If y'all want to hear a preacher teach on money see TD Jakes' Sun Sermon" Previous topic | Next topic
Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 07:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"If y'all want to hear a preacher teach on money see TD Jakes' Sun Sermon"
Tue Jan-26-16 07:17 AM by Case_One

I don't always post Sunday Sermons, but I strongly believe that this Sermon by Bishop Jakes can help people understand how God uses money and how money is to be used and understood by people.

I know that people have doubts and issues when a preacher talks about Money, but I'm recommending this sermon/lesson for anyone that wants to hear a preacher teach responsibly on the resource known as Money. This sermon isn't about getting money and it's not a prosperity sermon in the sense of Money being the goal. I just encourage y'all to listen carefully to the core message. BTW, it's kind of lengthy but worth every second - straight good.

Click the link http://tdjakes.org/echurch/
Select: Rebroadcast
Start at 37:35

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Lol@listening to a preacher to learn about money
Jan 26th 2016
Well treat it as a lecture of opinion and just listen.
Jan 26th 2016
So I listened to this snake ass sermon
Jan 26th 2016
      Man If Give Money is what you got out of then You hut yourself.
Jan 26th 2016
           No, I got the message. Just not the brainwashing
Jan 26th 2016
                Ok.If that's what you got - Hey that what you got.
Jan 26th 2016
                     Did you actually listen?
Jan 26th 2016
Exactly
Jan 26th 2016
      Dude, this is not a "Prosperity" sermon
Jan 26th 2016
           LOL this shit is textbook prosperity teaching
Jan 26th 2016
                Ok. Just don't listen. Stay in your lane. We Gud.
Jan 26th 2016
                     Key words? I broke down like 40 minutes of that bullshit.
Jan 26th 2016
                          Hey Doc, I get it your a cynic, despite the fact that MONEY & Wealth
Jan 26th 2016
                               LOL fam do you really want to talk about twisting the bible?
Jan 26th 2016
                                    Dude, I'm not that one and I'm not about to waste my time with you.
Jan 26th 2016
2016 Jesus has I [heart] Mammon tattooed on his neck.
Jan 26th 2016
Thanks for playing. You tired.
Jan 26th 2016
      Nah, slept pretty well last night.
Jan 26th 2016
      Pillow-top or Regular.
Jan 26th 2016
           If he presents his offering post-tithe I bet it’s a pillow top
Jan 26th 2016
                I was talking about you
Jan 26th 2016
Jan 26th 2016
Is there a transcript somewhere?
Jan 26th 2016
Not that I know of. This was from this past Sunday.
Jan 26th 2016
You're dead serious too
Jan 26th 2016
100%. It's a really good sermon about God, Humanity, Money, Life and Pur...
Jan 26th 2016
      I feel a wave of prosperity coming on this church!
Jan 26th 2016
           Context my friend. Context.
Jan 26th 2016
                Yes, the context of a manipulative performance
Jan 26th 2016
                     If Give the Church Money is what you got out of it then
Jan 26th 2016
                          Lol I broke all this shit down in my first post.
Jan 26th 2016
                               Nah Homie. You skimmed the sermon.
Jan 26th 2016
                                    NOPE. I wrote that out in real time.
Jan 26th 2016
                                         Ok. If you were writing then you were not listening to the message
Jan 26th 2016
                                              LOL you STILL don't rebut my actual points. This is hilarious.
Jan 26th 2016
                                              LOL you STILL don't rebut my actual points. This is hilarious.
Jan 26th 2016
                                                   Dude, I disagree, I don't have to rebutt anything.
Jan 26th 2016
                                                        lol you're making blanket statements about me
Jan 26th 2016
                                                             Here's the core facts between you and I
Jan 26th 2016
                                                                  where exactly have you been that CT is now? Like specifically.
Jan 26th 2016
fuck that ole self proclaimed "bishop"
Jan 26th 2016
He may as well preach in a wool footie
Jan 26th 2016
I see my reply has been avoided tho.
Jan 26th 2016
      Right? He also avoided my initial breakdown of the sermon
Jan 26th 2016
           Dude. That's your limited and low level opinion. Not my thing.
Jan 26th 2016
                False. limited and low level is your entire persona bruh
Jan 26th 2016
                     Nah, you're just jaded about church. But I understand
Jan 26th 2016
seriously...dude some shit
Jan 26th 2016
What do you want? You want to debate your feelings. Nah. Not eve,
Jan 26th 2016
      Case... If you know the Bible, you know the context of Ecclesiastes 10
Jan 26th 2016
           Well Case????
Jan 26th 2016
           If? LOL. OK. Anyway. Ecclesiastes 10:19 is used as the teaching point
Jan 26th 2016
                Nah b, that's twisting the original message to fit whatever you're sayin...
Jan 26th 2016
                     We disagree. But you do now that there are Topical Sermons Right
Jan 26th 2016
                          It's still out of context and used in that manner it is a false doctrine...
Jan 27th 2016
                               Doc, it is not false doctrine to understand that Money/Wealth
Jan 27th 2016
                                    when what you're quoting is taken wildly out of context, it's false.
Jan 27th 2016
                                         The Nation is Israel a Nation of people - Just like Christians!
Jan 27th 2016
he is charging $9 to download a sermon?
Jan 26th 2016
Dude What are you talking about?
Jan 26th 2016
I saw what was put on the opening commercial
Jan 26th 2016
      Ok. That's your limited choice.
Jan 26th 2016
           no matter what my view/opinion is going to be "limited" right?
Jan 26th 2016
                Not really. but in this case yeah.
Jan 26th 2016
                     Lol you have standard replies for everything
Jan 26th 2016
                          I do? Where do I get them from? A standard reply form?
Jan 26th 2016
                               Probably the same spot you cop your canned sermons from
Jan 26th 2016
Lol. Well....you are in the perfect region to jump into the business
Jan 26th 2016
      we got enough churches out here
Jan 26th 2016
           Just tell yourself you’re selling placebos.
Jan 26th 2016
Why are folks so afraid to discuss God, tangible wealth, and stewardship...
Jan 26th 2016
I don't think that is a fair assessment.
Jan 26th 2016
because it's widely lauded as heresy.
Jan 26th 2016
      ..... "Lauded" as heresy
Jan 26th 2016
           I was thinking "regarded" when I wrote that.
Jan 27th 2016
From what I heard, it was pretty good and he was touching on some real.....
Jan 26th 2016
always
Jan 27th 2016
It's a really good message and has great teaching points for life.
Jan 27th 2016
sweatin like Ewing at the foul line in the 4th quarter of a playoff game...
Jan 27th 2016
Thanks for sharing!
Jan 27th 2016

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 08:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Lol@listening to a preacher to learn about money"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jan-26-16 08:31 AM by Cold Truth

May as well listen to the prepaid legal/it works/primerica/monavie guy or let a shark teach you to
swim while you're at it.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 08:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Well treat it as a lecture of opinion and just listen."
In response to Reply # 1

You may learn a different perspective and gain a valuable understanding.

And remember. :It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom." - Proverbs 10:23

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 11:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "So I listened to this snake ass sermon"
In response to Reply # 2

I mean, the first thing that pops up at your starting point is “download my app”.

Then dude can’t even pronounce Ecclesiastes.

Then he rambles about wisdom. People don’t ‘need’ wisdom. People need to PRACTICE wisdom. Most of us have a fair amount of wisdom. Few people are nearly as ignorant as they like to appear. The second someone gets fucked over financially, trusts obviously shady people, etc though? I DIDN’T KNOW.

Nah

The truth is that an awful lot of us know better than our choices. We don’t need wisdom, we need to make better choices. He goes on about eating habits and how these are handed down from our families.
Cool.

Problem? You still fucking know better. Most of us- those of us that can hear this, that are able to be present for this sermon, that have access to this sermon online, FUCKING KNOW BETTER. That’s the truth. If you have access to this sermon, this church, and a church like this, you know better. You have ready access to information about healthier eating and lifestyle choices because it’s plastered all over the damn place.

Now, there’s a different discussion to be had regarding access to healither foods, time to actually prep and/or cook healthier foods, etc, but again…. Plenty of people have access to better quality and just plain choose a lesser diet. Shit, I’ll be that. I’m in that category. I know an awful lot of people who are. I know plenty in other situations who don’t have such access, and again… that’s another conversation.

So…. again, many of the people he’s speaking to don’t need “wisdom” on this issue. They either need greater access and/or to make better choices. How many people don’t know a fucking salad is better for them than bacon? Again, we’re talking about people with reasonable access because that’s who he’s talking to. He’s talking about people blinged up but behind on the house note and blaming that shit on “culture”. He’s not talking to broke, downtrodden, low end of the socioeconomic spectrum with limited opportunity.

Nah

This shit is enabling as fuck b. It’s fucking poison. It’s hey, TV is the problem! Media! CULTURE MADE YOU DO IT!

Nah.

I hate to beat the personal responsibility drum but that’s what the fuck he needs to jump on here based on the audience he’s talking to and about. Plus he’s sitting here with the dumbest non sequitur imaginable talking about “the same $10,000 that can buy books can buy a hitman to kill you! THE SAME MONEY!!”

LOL

WHO the fuck is running around with 10K to either spend on books OR a hitman?

Nah

Most folks pay for their school books through loans and whatnot and certainly not at 10K a pop. OH I KNOW, he’s not speaking literally, it’s an illustration, blah blah blah, but it’s fucking absurd. It makes no sense. There’s no connection to the reality of the vast majority of us. It just plain made no sense. It’s some shit that sounds deep until you turn your brain on.

The whole “keeping up with the joneses” shit is just plain common sense. He actually brought up “haters”. He basically just runs to “mo money, mo problems” at that point. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Further, whether or not this is a “prosperity” message (it is, in subtle ways, but that’s another conversation) is missing the point; when so much of the message of this dude is rooted in prosperity teaching, what’s the difference? Oh, suddenly tithes and offerings about “breaking the curse”?

Nah. This shit was all about YO, MAKE SURE YOU HIT THIS COLLECTION PLATE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THIS WEEK. GOD WILL FIX ALL THAT OTHER SHIT.
WHAT A TWIST!!!! Wow. Except….. who THE FUCK didn’t see that coming?
This is all Slick Willey shit. This shit was the definition of a wolf in sheeps clothing.

You sick? GIVE US MONEY.

Yo, GOD says…..Your heart is unstable and wicked and I need to be able to trust you to bless you and the way I can trust you is to hit up that collection plate. I’ll fix all that other shit, marriage, blah, blah, blah, but yo… HIT THIS COLLECTION PLATE.

This was all over the place. It was Room Work 101. It’s what The Rock does in a WWE ring. It's full of catch phrases and empty buzz words. It’s trash. It’s poison. It’s enabling and sneaky as fuck because it’s dressed up like it’s all about people getting better and doing better but in the end it’s all about….yo…..hit that collection plate.

It’s a prosperity message like a motherfucker. I know you won’t respond to this, not really. You’ll pop up with the usual “Ok.” nonsense. I just wanted you to know I actually listened to that bullshit and I knew exactly what it was before I even clicked. It wasn’t that my mind was made up, it’s that this shit is way too entrenched and I spent enough time in the church to know exactly what to expect. This shit is standard.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:42 PM

38. "Man If Give Money is what you got out of then You hut yourself."
In response to Reply # 8

And you really were not listening. You heard the words but you missed he message. Hey, but that's your prerogative. I'm not about to debate you and I'm Soooooooo Cool with that.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 04:41 PM

44. "No, I got the message. Just not the brainwashing"
In response to Reply # 38

The message was loud and clear:

Give money to the church.

You won't debate it because you and I both know exactly what he's doing.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:00 PM

49. "Ok.If that's what you got - Hey that what you got."
In response to Reply # 44

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:05 PM

52. "Did you actually listen? "
In response to Reply # 49

Cause I brought up quite a few points in the sermon that illustrates “what I got out of it”.

It’s no surprise that you’d filter out all the insidious seeds of manipulation though.

Still… f you listen to this garbage from start to finish it’s actually pretty fucking brilliant.

I wonder how much pussy he got off this.

Selassie I God
Member since Feb 21st 2006
10355 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 10:06 AM

3. "Exactly"
In response to Reply # 1

"Prosperity preaching" usually only leads to the prosperity of the person giving the sermon

____
Some will tell you that they love you but they've got an ulterior motive - Oh what a shame
They will tell you that they need you but they've got an ulterior motive - Personal gain

(c) Luciano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg0-qndkemo

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 10:25 AM

5. "Dude, this is not a "Prosperity" sermon "
In response to Reply # 3

>"Prosperity preaching" usually only leads to the prosperity
>of the person giving the sermon

It's this kind of nay saying nonsense that prevents people from learning because of the purposeful cynicism.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 11:48 AM

9. "LOL this shit is textbook prosperity teaching"
In response to Reply # 5
Tue Jan-26-16 11:53 AM by Cold Truth

Any savvy prosperity teacher knows that you dress that shit up nice with the right buzz words and make it look like it’s all about the betterment of you as a person, obedience, trust in god, etc….. but in the end it all boils down to giving your money to the church- i.e, preacher man.

This is prosperity teaching like a motherfucker. He just knows how to deliver that spoonful of sugar. That whole bit about god searching far and wide for “someone he can bless”….was all about someone who tithes and presents an offering.

Shit is mad predatory. That’s the shit that gets old ladies watching on TV and folks on their last dime to send rent money because it’s all gonna be returned pressed down, shaken together, blah blah blah.
He uses buzzwords like “profits” and then does that bit about the wallet not being god??

HE EVEN SAYS, VERBATIM, “I FEEL A PROSPERITY WAVE COMING!!!!”

He crescendos that with the organ and starts screaming. SOMETHINGS ABOUT TO HAPPEN! EYES HAVE NOT SEEN! EARS HAVE NOT HEARD!!!
This shit is a performance designed to stimulate emotional giving.

You get motherfuckers worked up and get those endorphins running?

This is so manipulative it’s sickening.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 12:48 PM

14. "Ok. Just don't listen. Stay in your lane. We Gud."
In response to Reply # 9

Folks like you have no need for context, you're looking for key words to validate a position and that's your lane. Good, stay in it until the road ends, but don't try to crash anyone else that actually has the capacity to think outside of your narrow and small box.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 01:38 PM

17. "Key words? I broke down like 40 minutes of that bullshit. "
In response to Reply # 14

Naturally you avoided all the particulars. That was expected.

I don’t need to “look” for “key words” when someone is presenting a textbook exercise in emotional manipulation. This shit was paint by numbers right down to the organ chiming in as he started digging into his preacher man shout session. It’s not just key words, it’s technique. The conclusion of this was inevitable: give the church money. Obviously you snake oil salesmen can’t say that, so you say “give god his money”. You slip that shit in through a controlled drip while you prey on the insecurities and fears of the people and BAM! People will give up the cash.

You most likely traffic in this kind of sordid ponzi scheming in your weekly sales pitch so it’s no surprise you think this was some insightful piece of advice. It’s textbook prosperity teaching and the entirety of this message can be summed up thusly: Give the preacher man (in the guise of ‘god’) your money.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:01 PM

22. "Hey Doc, I get it your a cynic, despite the fact that MONEY & Wealth"
In response to Reply # 17

Is a major topic in the Bible. If you're bet on looking at the facts in a twisted manner that validates your cynicism that's your mojo. But some people actually read and understand the full context of how God views, provides, and intends for money to be used for his people.

But do you playa. No one can out do you being you.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:05 PM

25. "LOL fam do you really want to talk about twisting the bible?"
In response to Reply # 22

You sure you want that?

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:36 PM

31. "Dude, I'm not that one and I'm not about to waste my time with you."
In response to Reply # 25

You're running up and down this post making an ass of yourself - just letting you know. But I'm not some average Bible reader, so you can save your hype for someone who has time to fan you.

TheAlbionist
Member since Jul 04th 2011
3306 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 10:18 AM

4. "2016 Jesus has I [heart] Mammon tattooed on his neck."
In response to Reply # 0

>I don't always post Sunday Sermons, but I strongly believe
>that this Sermon by Bishop Jakes can help people understand
>how God uses money and how money is to be used and understood
>by people.
>
>I know that people have doubts and issues when a preacher
>talks about Money, but I'm recommending this sermon/lesson for
>anyone that wants to hear a preacher teach responsibly on the
>resource known as Money. This sermon isn't about getting money
>and it's not a prosperity sermon in the sense of Money being
>the goal. I just encourage y'all to listen carefully to the
>core message. BTW, it's kind of lengthy but worth every second
>- straight good.
>
>Click the link http://tdjakes.org/echurch/
>Select: Rebroadcast
>Start at 37:35
>
>
>
>.
>.
>.

))<>((
forever.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 10:26 AM

6. "Thanks for playing. You tired. "
In response to Reply # 4

TheAlbionist
3306 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 10:50 AM

"Nah, slept pretty well last night."

))<>((
forever.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 12:49 PM

16. "Pillow-top or Regular."
In response to Reply # 0

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 01:47 PM

20. "If he presents his offering post-tithe I bet it’s a pillow top "
In response to Reply # 16

Because we all know he’ll get a fat return on that investment.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 02:57 PM

21. "I was talking about you"
In response to Reply # 20

But you be easy champ.

TheAlbionist
3306 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 10:50 AM

7. ".."
In response to Reply # 6
Tue Jan-26-16 10:51 AM by TheAlbionist

))<>((
forever.

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 11:59 AM

10. "Is there a transcript somewhere?"
In response to Reply # 0

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 12:42 PM

13. "Not that I know of. This was from this past Sunday."
In response to Reply # 10

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 12:11 PM

11. "You're dead serious too"
In response to Reply # 0

Jesus fuckin Christ lmao

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 12:48 PM

15. "100%. It's a really good sermon about God, Humanity, Money, Life and Pur..."
In response to Reply # 11

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 01:41 PM

18. "I feel a wave of prosperity coming on this church!"
In response to Reply # 15

^^^He said that as he ramped up the organ music and shouting.

This was 100% about giving money to the church.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:02 PM

23. "Context my friend. Context."
In response to Reply # 18

But if that's all you got from the service then you did yourself a serious intentional disservice.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:07 PM

26. "Yes, the context of a manipulative performance "
In response to Reply # 23

Give money to the church!

I love you say shit like "context" and accuse me of "twisting" this but completely avoid any of the many specifics I brought up.

Very telling, Mr. Meme.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:38 PM

33. "If Give the Church Money is what you got out of it then "
In response to Reply # 26

you have cheated yourself of any kind of understanding beyond surface nonsense.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 04:54 PM

46. "Lol I broke all this shit down in my first post. "
In response to Reply # 33

Note how you don’t address any of that.

Note how you stick to the same broad brush strokes as always, instead opting to avoid specifics.

You keep saying that I’m only listening on a surface level, but that couldn’t be further from the truth.

The ‘give to the church’ bullshit is what lies beneath the surface of this little performance.

Those people believe he’s talking about their mental and emotional well being, about their standing in God’s eyes, about being responsible with their finances. They believe that.
YOU don’t believe that. YOU know better. YOU know what’s really going on there.

As do I.

The point he alludes to throughout is subtle but oh, so glaring: being “responsible” and “profitable” and “worthy” all boils down to that tithe to “god”, i.e, the church, i.e, YOU, rev.

It’s insidious. Vile. Evil.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 04:59 PM

48. "Nah Homie. You skimmed the sermon. "
In response to Reply # 46

And tried to corrupt he message with your cynical thinking. But hey do you fam. We'er all good over here.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:06 PM

53. "NOPE. I wrote that out in real time. "
In response to Reply # 48

Again: you can’t discredit the specifics so here you are with a broad brush dismissal.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:11 PM

56. "Ok. If you were writing then you were not listening to the message"
In response to Reply # 53

You were looking for points to rebut which is in fact the reason why you didn't understand. But as time goes on God will apprehend you and use you to rebut the nonsense that you put out today. That's how he does it. You gonna mess around and become a preacher.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:21 PM

58. "LOL you STILL don't rebut my actual points. This is hilarious. "
In response to Reply # 56

It’s fucking hilarious to watch you dance around it.

I wasn’t “looking” for shit.
I responded to what I heard.
LOL@ “I didn’t understand it”.

No. That’s just it, Snake Oil Sam, I DO understand it. Shit is crystal clear. I heard every word… including the parts you types like to pretend are just there as background noise.

Also, this notion that I was writing, therefore could not listen is hilarious. But then… aren’t you the dude who thinks the Cosby rape shit is such an all-encompassing distraction that completely crippled our ability to receive any other information on any other topic?
Can you walk and chew gum at the same time? Honest question.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:21 PM

59. "LOL you STILL don't rebut my actual points. This is hilarious. "
In response to Reply # 56

It’s fucking hilarious to watch you dance around it.

I wasn’t “looking” for shit.
I responded to what I heard.
LOL@ “I didn’t understand it”.

No. That’s just it, Snake Oil Sam, I DO understand it. Shit is crystal clear. I heard every word… including the parts you types like to pretend are just there as background noise.

Also, this notion that I was writing, therefore could not listen is hilarious. But then… aren’t you the dude who thinks the Cosby rape shit is such an all-encompassing distraction that completely crippled our ability to receive any other information on any other topic?

Can you walk and chew gum at the same time? Honest question.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 06:50 PM

65. "Dude, I disagree, I don't have to rebutt anything. "
In response to Reply # 59

That's your motive.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 07:46 PM

66. "lol you're making blanket statements about me "
In response to Reply # 65

i.e, "I don't understand the message", I'm twisting things around, I went in looking for flaws, etc

Yet you lack the ability to articulate anything on any real level. It's not because you "don't have to", it's because you CAN'T. That's the truth.

You go back and forth all day yet claim you don't have the time to go back and forth with me.

If I make an argument, I at least have the balls to back up my argument with reasoning and logic.

It's not a matter of agree or disagree, it's that you absolutely cannot backup your position with any real substance. You're good for nothing more than empty generalizations and canned responses that don't mean anything.

Smack yourself.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 09:25 PM

67. "Here's the core facts between you and I"
In response to Reply # 66

No matter what I say about Bishop T.D. Jakes' sermon you're going disagree and I'm not going to agree with your perspective. You're not interested in being open to learning and I've already been where you are so for me it's like watching the past play out -I already know where you'll be in the future. So, there's no need for me to debate you - it's a waste of my time. But hey, that why you're ranting and having a difficult time understanding why I don't really care to go in with you - your still evolving. I've BEEN THERE BRO. Yet, time is on my side and you're cynical, bitter, jaded attitude is running out. So have a good night and find some peace.

veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 09:43 PM

68. "where exactly have you been that CT is now? Like specifically."
In response to Reply # 67

I've already been where you are so for me it's like
>watching the past play out -I already know where you'll be in
>the future. So, there's no need for me to debate you - it's a
>waste of my time. But hey, that why you're ranting and having
>a difficult time understanding why I don't really care to go
>in with you - your still evolving. I've BEEN THERE BRO.

I'm so intrigued by that part I'm going to leave your difficulties with your/you're and your tenuous grasp of what the word "fact" means alone.

i still blame hip-hop.

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 12:29 PM

12. "fuck that ole self proclaimed "bishop""
In response to Reply # 0

fuck I look like listening to anything this nigga says when he has a house like this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UL-ABVlm39w/UEuSFxDuSxI/AAAAAAAAAvo/-eGJI-aMli4/s1600/jakes3.png

and is known for rollin in these:

http://uncrate.com/p/2012/02/bentley-mulsanne-mulliner-xl.jpg

... commands $100K+ for appearances at your church (thus draining that church's funds), and dresses in tailored designer suits while folks in his congregation and community go hungry?

Mark 10:17-25

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Matthew 6:19-21, Proverbs 11:28, and Luke 12:30-34 also state pretty much the same thing.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 01:44 PM

19. "He may as well preach in a wool footie"
In response to Reply # 12

It takes an awful lot of swag to flaunt the fabric of your flock as you fleece them for all they’ve got.

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:04 PM

24. "I see my reply has been avoided tho."
In response to Reply # 19

I get it; kinda hard to prop up someone that lives in stark contrast to the written Word.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:08 PM

27. "Right? He also avoided my initial breakdown of the sermon "
In response to Reply # 24
Tue Jan-26-16 03:13 PM by Cold Truth

He sticks to the safety of catch-all criticism and canned rhetoric along with the ever-faithful "you had an agenda going in" copout.

Case don't want it with the details.

he wants to talk about how the bible speaks so much about money but conveniently discards everything that says hey, ease up off that, you can't take it with you.

I'm betting I know his retort on the 'eye of the needle' too. I'm betting he's talking about this physical place supposedly known as the 'eye of the needle' and how the doorway was so small that travelers would first need remove the load from their camels before entering, and how this was a reference to a place everyone at the time knew about, blah blah blah. It's always some shit like that when you get down to the overt materialism of the prosperity message but you never get that sort of historical anectdote on scriptures that seem to support their greed.

Jesus would most likely have whooped Jakes's ass and tore up that church after this sermon.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:40 PM

35. "Dude. That's your limited and low level opinion. Not my thing."
In response to Reply # 27

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 04:54 PM

47. "False. limited and low level is your entire persona bruh"
In response to Reply # 35

Like that's the perfect way to describe you on the whole. Limited and low level.

Basic.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:01 PM

51. "Nah, you're just jaded about church. But I understand"
In response to Reply # 47

Keep on living dog, you'll see the light one day.

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:09 PM

28. "seriously...dude some shit"

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:39 PM

34. "What do you want? You want to debate your feelings. Nah. Not eve,"

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:55 PM

41. "Case... If you know the Bible, you know the context of Ecclesiastes 10 "
In response to Reply # 34

Ecclesiastes 10:19 is a piece of a larger teaching regarding the rulers of a land and NOT about your personal wealth. That he is trying to take this one passage and make it about personal finance is disingenuous at best.

Ecclesiastes 10 talks about how a country/land will prosper or fail due to the actions or wisdom of its rulers. If the rulers and his princes are wise and just, the people will have what they need and they would be foolish to admonish him. If the rulers are foolish then the kingdom suffers. Solomon offers this as a narrative on how the kingdom and its people interact and are intertwined.

... at no point is it about personal finances.

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 04:19 PM

43. "Well Case???? "
In response to Reply # 41

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 04:50 PM

45. "If? LOL. OK. Anyway. Ecclesiastes 10:19 is used as the teaching point"
In response to Reply # 41
Tue Jan-26-16 04:57 PM by Case_One

Preaching points always come from a key scripture verse that comes from a larger text - LIKE NORMAL. And it is framed in context to the topical point being made. Nevertheless the point that was made by using this text (if you listened to what Bishop Jakes said) is that MONEY can be the answer to the THINGS tangible matters, but not Spiritual issues or matters of emotion and the heart. And to add, if you listened to the sermon you would know that Jakes talked about NOT worshiping things.

>Ecclesiastes 10:19 is a piece of a larger teaching regarding
>the rulers of a land and NOT about your personal wealth. That
>he is trying to take this one passage and make it about
>personal finance is disingenuous at best.
>
>Ecclesiastes 10 talks about how a country/land will prosper or
>fail due to the actions or wisdom of its rulers. If the rulers
>and his princes are wise and just, the people will have what
>they need and they would be foolish to admonish him. If the
>rulers are foolish then the kingdom suffers. Solomon offers
>this as a narrative on how the kingdom and its people interact
>and are intertwined.
>
>... at no point is it about personal finances.

And Money, which is a composition of financial wealth, is about personal fiances, personal responsibility, personal legacy and personal Stewardship. To which all things including personal finances belong to God AND we are the stewards. So, to the fact that Jakes is making, we are only stewards of the finances not the owners and we should not worship or love money, but worship and Love GOD who gives us the ability to make tangible wealth - Money.

The whole sermon is about understanding that money is not the god of our lives, it is 'a tool' or 'a means' that God uses to assist in making our lives better, our communities, better, our service to one another better. And once we line our thinking up with God's desire and intention to bless us in this world on a holistic level our understanding of money will change and our blessing will be multiplied in all areas of our lives.

But if your know the Bible you would know this and I wouldn't have to explain it to you.

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:26 PM

61. "Nah b, that's twisting the original message to fit whatever you're sayin..."
In response to Reply # 45

>Preaching points always come from a key scripture verse that
>comes from a larger text - LIKE NORMAL. And it is framed in
>context to the topical point being made. Nevertheless the
>point that was made by using this text (if you listened to
>what Bishop Jakes said) is that MONEY can be the answer to the
>THINGS tangible matters, but not Spiritual issues or matters
>of emotion and the heart. And to add, if you listened to the
>sermon you would know that Jakes talked about NOT worshiping
>things.

That's long been an issue of mine when it comes to preachers. They take one passage and twist it to fit whatever they're trying to say. If you're going to be true to the Word, you must teach from it and retain the context. Otherwise you can take any passage from the Bible and skew it to mean whatever you want. After all Case this is the method used to justify the enslavement of Africans.

>And Money, which is a composition of financial wealth, is
>about personal fiances, personal responsibility, personal
>legacy and personal Stewardship. To which all things including
>personal finances belong to God AND we are the stewards. So,
>to the fact that Jakes is making, we are only stewards of the
>finances not the owners and we should not worship or love
>money, but worship and Love GOD who gives us the ability to
>make tangible wealth - Money.

God makes no guarantee of money. The only thing God promises are a roof over your head, clothes, and food; nothing more.

>
>The whole sermon is about understanding that money is not the
>god of our lives, it is 'a tool' or 'a means' that God uses to
>assist in making our lives better, our communities, better,
>our service to one another better. And once we line our
>thinking up with God's desire and intention to bless us in
>this world on a holistic level our understanding of money will
>change and our blessing will be multiplied in all areas of our
>lives.
>
>But if your know the Bible you would know this and I wouldn't
>have to explain it to you.

The sermon is tainted because he willingly chooses to distort the original meaning of a passage to fit his agenda. You cannot teach from the Bible in this manner Case. If you're one of those men that tries to do this, change yourself. You can turn away from this false doctrine. The last thing you want to have happen is to wind up at the end like this:

Matthew 7:15-23

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 06:48 PM

64. "We disagree. But you do now that there are Topical Sermons Right"
In response to Reply # 61

For instance John 11:43 is about Jeus raising Lazarus (When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!”) but it can also be used in a topical contect about folks being delivered from sickness, hurt, depression, financial issues, social issues, etc. You do know that the message is about recover and deliverance and the power of Jesus to do all things.

The point is Jakes is using the Ecc 10:19 as a Topical Point about the mindset that people have about wealth and God's purpose for money in their lives.

Just so you know

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Wed Jan-27-16 12:16 AM

71. "It's still out of context and used in that manner it is a false doctrine..."
In response to Reply # 64

>For instance John 11:43 is about Jeus raising Lazarus (When
>he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus,
>come out!”) but it can also be used in a topical contect
>about folks being delivered from sickness, hurt, depression,
>financial issues, social issues, etc. You do know that the
>message is about recover and deliverance and the power of
>Jesus to do all things.

This is not the same as what Jakes did. Within your context of deliverance John 11:43 could be used... But I would still hesitate in doing so. John 11 is about Lazarus, his sisters Mary and Martha sending for Jesus so that he might help him in his time of need, Lazarus' death and Jesus consoling Mary and Martha, and Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead after four days in a tomb before his sisters and many of the Jews who witnessed this miracle becoming believers in Jesus which, to me, is the greater point of John 11.

>The point is Jakes is using the Ecc 10:19 as a Topical Point
>about the mindset that people have about wealth and God's
>purpose for money in their lives.

But that is taking the passage completely out of context and skewing its meaning to the point of being a lie. That was NOT the meaning of this passage and to use it as if it were is deceptive.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Jan-27-16 07:40 AM

74. "Doc, it is not false doctrine to understand that Money/Wealth"
In response to Reply # 71

is a tool that God has blessed us with to advance our lives, are for our families, better our communities and to advance the Kingdom. And the scripture he used the wisdom of Ecc 10:19 to teach on and to promote that understanding. And Jakes Expanded on that understanding of who provides the money, its use, and its benefits. God give us the ability to make / produce wealth which solves tangible problems. And Money is a tool, and Jakes promotes that tool as a resource from God and that God should be worshiped and not the tool.

You want to make the use of Ecc 10:19 to be something in this instance that it is not. You are bent on trying to promote your feelings that Jakes took the scripture out of context to promote a prosperity gospel (even though the Bible is a Prosperity Book) when in fact he did not do that. Ecclesiastes is known as a Wisdom Book just like Proverbs. There is no story line or characters to be developed in the text except to listen to the wisdom that is being provided.

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Wed Jan-27-16 01:35 PM

78. "when what you're quoting is taken wildly out of context, it's false."
In response to Reply # 74

>is a tool that God has blessed us with to advance our lives,
>are for our families, better our communities and to advance
>the Kingdom. And the scripture he used the wisdom of Ecc 10:19
>to teach on and to promote that understanding. And Jakes
>Expanded on that understanding of who provides the money, its
>use, and its benefits. God give us the ability to make /
>produce wealth which solves tangible problems. And Money is a
>tool, and Jakes promotes that tool as a resource from God and
>that God should be worshiped and not the tool.

Ecc 10:19 is about the wealth of a nation, not the wealth of the individual. Your take on it is not the same as it is written.

>You want to make the use of Ecc 10:19 to be something in this
>instance that it is not. You are bent on trying to promote
>your feelings that Jakes took the scripture out of context to
>promote a prosperity gospel (even though the Bible is a
>Prosperity Book) when in fact he did not do that. Ecclesiastes
>is known as a Wisdom Book just like Proverbs. There is no
>story line or characters to be developed in the text except to
>listen to the wisdom that is being provided.

Nah b, you two are making it into something its not. This is not my feeling on this: I've read enough commentaries on Ecc 10 and have read that passage enough times in my life that I can safely say that what I draw from it falls in line with most bible scholars.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Jan-27-16 03:28 PM

79. "The Nation is Israel a Nation of people - Just like Christians! "
In response to Reply # 78
Wed Jan-27-16 03:39 PM by Case_One

And commentaries are not the end all be all Doc. When doing Topical Sermons and Teachings on life lessons you can broaden the scope.

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:14 PM

29. "he is charging $9 to download a sermon?"
In response to Reply # 0

maaaaaaan. Im in the wrong business.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:34 PM

30. "Dude What are you talking about?"
In response to Reply # 29

Every church charges for DVD's and CD's of their services

Did you even download the app and take a look at it because it's FREE and there's lost of options, features and content.

So, again, what's your issue?

RobOne4
56697 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:41 PM

36. "I saw what was put on the opening commercial"
In response to Reply # 30

that was enough

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:43 PM

39. "Ok. That's your limited choice. "
In response to Reply # 36

RobOne4
56697 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:49 PM

40. "no matter what my view/opinion is going to be "limited" right?"
In response to Reply # 39

Cold truth listened to this bullshit up top and gave a breakdown. You responded with well that is just your limited opinion. I watched 2 minutes of the video before I shut it off and that is just my limited view. You have a stock answer for anyone that disagrees with this nonsense.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 04:01 PM

42. "Not really. but in this case yeah."
In response to Reply # 40

Cold truth skimmed he whole thing and gave a twisted breakdown. Why don't you watch the WHOLE think for yourself and learn for yourself.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:09 PM

55. "Lol you have standard replies for everything"
In response to Reply # 42

Lol you have standard replies for everything.

You’ve never actually expressed an opinion.

You’ve never actually presented an actual argument you actually thought up.

Everything about everything you say is canned.

Even the OP.

You lacked the capacity to articulate what you (falsely) believe to be the core values of the message, so you did what you always do anytime you want to express something more complex than you can handle: you did a cut & paste job.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:14 PM

57. "I do? Where do I get them from? A standard reply form?"
In response to Reply # 55

I've never done anything. In fact I'm not even real. I'm not even here. You've been responding to a standard recorded message.

Now look at your standard hand and give yourself a Standard Slap. It's from a standard response to your standard emotions.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:22 PM

60. "Probably the same spot you cop your canned sermons from"
In response to Reply # 57
Tue Jan-26-16 05:23 PM by Cold Truth

I dunno.

All your shit is canned as a white mans yams though

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:37 PM

32. "Lol. Well....you are in the perfect region to jump into the business"
In response to Reply # 29

Go have yourself an awakening and get that money.

RobOne4
56697 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 03:42 PM

37. "we got enough churches out here"
In response to Reply # 32

shit they are building another one right around the fucking corner. Plus you gotta have no conscious to pull off some shit like that. Unfortunately I have one.

Cold Truth
44846 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:01 PM

50. "Just tell yourself you’re selling placebos."
In response to Reply # 37

get that G6 money fam

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:07 PM

54. "Why are folks so afraid to discuss God, tangible wealth, and stewardship..."
In response to Reply # 0

One of the first tangible things that God did when He freed Israel was to GIVE then Tangible Wealth. But they made it an Idol, God never told them to worship wealth/money. He gave it a Resource.

Mr. ManC
Member since Jan 26th 2009
11819 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:31 PM

62. "I don't think that is a fair assessment."
In response to Reply # 54

I actually run A/V for 2 churches in NYC. Both just went through a recent Stewardship campaign. But one thing I will say about them, and coming from the South, I NEVER hear prosperity gospel in them. One church is slightly bigger than the other, but the smaller church actually has one of the best pastors/teachers of the Bible and it's applications to daily life that I've ever been around (besides my fav professor in College, who is thee top.)

Point being that I see pastors who use a scripture, as done above, and weave that into a sermon not based in the context of the day it was record, but rather is displaced against their current monetary agenda. TD Jakes Ministry is very successful, and he does plenty of things, but it is to the point where his congregation isn't necessarily other people, but other pastors. Other heads of church bodies, and it is instructions for how to get their churches to yield the way that his has.

But ultimately what society needs more than ever is a weening away from money. Wealth and prosperity was never about Earthly riches. Wisdom and justice are the key, but money is seen as the means and the end. Offerings used to be about sacrificing your best to the universe because there has to be a propensity to GIVE so that you can receive. Even on a genetic and atomic level there is and exchange between positive and negative. It is vital, but it has been reduced to some investment in yielded returns, and 10% direct deposits. It was never supposed to be that way, and the fact that certain ministries have made this the backbone of their gospel message actually dilutes the good news. Money is now God, and it is the way to heaven on Earth, even before Christ. Christ is now just the brand (imho).

Musica Negra
#13irteen

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 05:41 PM

63. "because it's widely lauded as heresy."
In response to Reply # 54
Tue Jan-26-16 05:42 PM by PoppaGeorge

Prosperity doctrine has been dismissed largely across the board as a false doctrine. Theological scholars and heads of many denominations are fairly unanimous on this subject.

It's a cancer on society that largely affects the poor and needs to stop.

veritas
Member since Sep 16th 2002
37201 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 10:59 PM

69. "..... "Lauded" as heresy"
In response to Reply # 63

I swear half this board learned English from Mike Tyson.

i still blame hip-hop.

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Wed Jan-27-16 12:19 AM

72. "I was thinking "regarded" when I wrote that."
In response to Reply # 69

BlassFemur
Member since Mar 26th 2008
10309 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 11:50 PM

70. "From what I heard, it was pretty good and he was touching on some real....."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jan-26-16 11:51 PM by BlassFemur

sensitive issues about black spending habits, culture and not short changing yourself in order to be accepted. I was pleasantly surprised.

"The same $10,000 that buys schoolbooks and tuition so that you can go to school, is the same $10,000 I can give a hitman to have you killed".

lol classic.

Then he said to use that money to move the kingdom forward of course.

I won't lie it was not bad at all from the little portion I heard.

Does he always sweat that hard though? Wow.

https://banafrit.com/
http://middlebrainmedia.com/

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Wed Jan-27-16 12:22 AM

73. "always"
In response to Reply # 70

>Does he always sweat that hard though? Wow.

I don't think I've ever seen TD deliver a sermon where he DIDN'T sweat like he sprinted a marathon.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed Jan-27-16 07:44 AM

75. "It's a really good message and has great teaching points for life. "

Jakes is a plain and simple up front and real preacher. I love how he pulls the hidden nuggets of truth and understanding our of the scriptures and them serves them with class, authority, love, instruction and hope.

>Does he always sweat that hard though? Wow.

Sometimes preaching requires a lot of energy and when you have a bald head the sweat just rolls. I know. I have to keep a towel handy when I'm preaching.

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Wed Jan-27-16 08:07 AM

76. "sweatin like Ewing at the foul line in the 4th quarter of a playoff game..."
Wed Jan-27-16 08:08 AM by BigJazz

Wizdom
Charter member
479 posts
Wed Jan-27-16 12:41 PM

77. "Thanks for sharing! "
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #12962960 Previous topic | Next topic