Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12940107

Subject: "I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face and a gu..." Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44917 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 03:18 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face and a gu..."

and a gun under my shirt and you are none the wiser......etc.

Anyone else seeing this bullshit meme all over facebook the last few days? Holy shit is this obnoxious.

No longer do I fear Muslims. I'm far more terrified of everyone worshipping at this alter because the guy who thinks like this is the guy that will pop off on someone reaching into their jacket pocket for their wallet to pay for something. I guarantee atht guy can't fucking wait to "get in the game" and play hero.

Here's the rest for those of you fortunate enough to not see this shit plastered to your fb wall at every login.

Yet, you are safer for having me next to you. I won’t shoot you. My gun won’t pull its own trigger, it is securely holstered with the trigger covered — it can’t just go off. However, rest assured that if a lunatic walks into our grocery store, our movie theater, or our gas station and pulls out a rifle with hostile intent to do us harm, I will draw my pistol and protect myself and therefore protect you and your family. I may get shot before I can pull the trigger, but I won’t die in a helpless blubbering heap on the floor begging for my life. I will not be THAT victim. I have made that choice.
As for you, I don’t ask you to carry a gun, nor will I ever advocate for the government to force you to do so. Therefore, if you are not comfortable, please don’t, but I would like to keep my right to choose to not be a helpless victim, so stop voting for politicians who wish to take that RIGHT away from me.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Man where the fuck was this hero in Colorado?
Dec 07th 2015
Being tread upon by Barack HUSSEIN Obama, I imagine.
Dec 07th 2015
'murica
Dec 07th 2015
oddly enough, never around
Dec 07th 2015
Strange!
Dec 07th 2015
      here's a few for you..
Dec 07th 2015
           Cool - 5 examples spanning nearly 20 years.
Dec 07th 2015
                don't move the goalposts 'cause you don't like the rebuttal.
Dec 07th 2015
                     Fair. My apologies on the hyperbole.
Dec 07th 2015
They interviewed some LEO big shot, IRT the idiot in ARZ saying he
Dec 07th 2015
REF: 2014 Las Vegas Shootings
Dec 07th 2015
      #7 lists attacks being stopped.
Dec 07th 2015
      I don't know where to begin to refute your counter points
Dec 07th 2015
           You kinda have to do it tho.
Dec 07th 2015
           I just beat Rogue Legacy and I'm planning two vacations
Dec 07th 2015
           here, have a few more...
Dec 07th 2015
                You can buy all the mouse traps you want
Dec 07th 2015
                     no one here is arguing that.
Dec 07th 2015
                          It can (and hopefully will) happen.
Dec 07th 2015
                               what is politically possible in other countries may not be here
Dec 07th 2015
                                    Yeah, plus i think now is the worst time to try to push gun control
Dec 08th 2015
                                    There is no bad time to try and push gun control.
Dec 08th 2015
                                         every time they try, the NRA gets stronger
Dec 08th 2015
                                              Right right I see what you're saying.
Dec 08th 2015
                                    Right. Not saying it would work just like it did in Aus...
Dec 08th 2015
                                         This is America...
Dec 08th 2015
                                              This made me laugh.
Dec 08th 2015
      nobody got killed at that walmart but the shooters...
Dec 07th 2015
           The concealed weapon guy didn't save ANYONE's life
Dec 07th 2015
                he shot the man which meant the police only had to deal
Dec 07th 2015
                     Whew! More dead people. Thank god.
Dec 07th 2015
                     RE: Whew! More dead people. Thank god.
Dec 07th 2015
                     That's not true. He started to confront and was shot in the back of
Dec 07th 2015
                          Oh well. That's how these types want to die and I'm not mad
Dec 07th 2015
Read this related article the other night and thought it was interesting
Dec 07th 2015
Peeps fantasize having a gun will turn them into John McClain
Dec 07th 2015
RE: Cheddar Bob
Dec 07th 2015
This is some Travis Bickle mind of a stalker type shit.
Dec 07th 2015
People think because they go to target practice they're heroes
Dec 07th 2015
what a load of horseshit
Dec 08th 2015
RE: I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face and ...
Dec 08th 2015
Love this video
Dec 08th 2015
      ^^^^^^^ all of this
Dec 08th 2015
the sad reality is these events are a huge sales boost for the gun indus...
Dec 08th 2015
Gun TV coming soon
Dec 08th 2015

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24480 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 03:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Man where the fuck was this hero in Colorado?"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Dec-07-15 03:27 PM by Brew

Or Connecticut? Or San Bernardino? Or Columbine? Or Arizona? Or ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Plus what the fuck is up with you, you fucking weirdo?! Just standing behind me smiling at nothing with a goddamn gun tucked under your shirt? Fucking sociopathic shit.

I hate people.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44917 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 03:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Being tread upon by Barack HUSSEIN Obama, I imagine."
In response to Reply # 1

Between HUSSEIN, Billary, and libtard homo lovers in general, how can any real patriot get their cowboy on on peace?

Brew
24480 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 03:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "'murica"
In response to Reply # 2

rdhull
Charter member
33144 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 03:52 PM

4. "oddly enough, never around"
In response to Reply # 1

>Or Connecticut? Or San Bernardino? Or Columbine? Or Arizona?
>Or
>..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................etc
>etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.
>
>Plus what the fuck is up with you, you fucking weirdo?! Just
>standing behind me smiling at nothing with a goddamn gun
>tucked under your shirt? Fucking sociopathic shit.
>
>I hate people.

Brew
24480 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 03:56 PM

6. "Strange!"
In response to Reply # 4

Guns are legal. All these gun owners everywhere, standing behind me in line at the store smiling like fucking creepshows, and not a single time has said gun owner with said legal gun stopped one of these massacres.

Yet their Facebook post makes me go "hhmmmmmm" and suddenly I feel safe! I'm gonna thank the smiling, concealed weapon-holding person behind me next time I'm at Target.

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 04:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "here's a few for you.."
In response to Reply # 6

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting

"The school's assistant principal, Joel Myrick, retrieved a .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol from his truck and, spotting Woodham attempting to flee the parking lot after the shooting, shouted for him to stop. After Woodham's mother's car got stuck in the grass, Myrick ordered him out of the car at gunpoint and detained Woodham until police arrived at the scene."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker_Middle_School_dance_shooting

"The shooting ended when the owner of Nick's Place, James Strand, intervened and confronted Wurst with his shotgun, ordering him to drop his weapon and later holding him at bay for eleven minutes. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_School_of_Law_shooting

"According to Bridges, at the first sound of gunfire, he and fellow student Mikael Gross, unbeknownst to each other, ran to their vehicles to retrieve their personally-owned firearms placed in their glove compartments. Mikael Gross, a police officer from Grifton, North Carolina retrieved a 9 mm pistol and body armor. Bridges, a county sheriff's deputy from Asheville, North Carolina retrieved his .357 Magnum pistol from beneath the driver's seat of his Chevrolet Tahoe. Bridges and Gross approached Odighizuwa from different angles, with Bridges yelling at Odighizuwa to drop his gun. Odighizuwa then dropped his firearm and was subdued by several other unarmed students, including Ted Besen and Todd Ross."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Colorado_YWAM_and_New_Life_shootings

"... church member Jeanne Assam, a former Minneapolis police officer, opened fire on Murray with her personally owned firearm. Police say that after suffering multiple hits from Assam's gun, Murray fatally shot himself."

"The pastor of the church stated that Assam shot Murray before he entered 50 feet (15 m) inside the building, after she encountered him in the hallway, and that Assam probably saved 'over 100 lives.'"

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120325/articles/120329781

"... Church members, including Aaron Guyton, a concealed weapons permit holder, acted quickly.

Aaron Guyton held Gates at gunpoint, as church members Jesse Smith and Leland Powers held him on the floor and waited for deputies to arrive..."

... and there's plenty more.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.

Brew
24480 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 08:18 PM

14. "Cool - 5 examples spanning nearly 20 years."
In response to Reply # 7
Mon Dec-07-15 08:22 PM by Brew

One of which, the first one, doesn't really count at all because the kid was already fleeing the scene by the time the principal started chasing him. The deed was done. But anyway. I'll give it to you cause I'm feeling generous.

There's been more mass shootings/killings in 2015 than there have been days.

If that doesn't make you say "something's not right," have fun at the shooting range! Can't tell you nothin'.

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 08:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
17. "don't move the goalposts 'cause you don't like the rebuttal. "
In response to Reply # 14

>One of which, the first one, doesn't really count at all
>because the kid was already fleeing the scene by the time the
>principal started chasing him. The deed was done. But anyway.
>I'll give it to you cause I'm feeling generous.
>
>There's been more mass shootings/killings in 2015 than there
>have been days.
>
>If that doesn't make you say "something's not right," have fun
>at the shooting range! Can't tell you nothin'.

You were very specific:

"... and not a single time has said gun owner with said legal gun stopped one of these massacres."

To which I gave five instances of this happening. Truthfully all I needed to do was point to one to make your statement false, but I gave you 5 and could very easily give you more.

I'm not addressing anything other than the statement you erroneously made. I'm not even going into my own beliefs on the issue (which align more with yours), just the statement you made.

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?

Brew
24480 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 08:35 PM

18. "Fair. My apologies on the hyperbole."
In response to Reply # 17

Now if you actually want to discuss the issue at hand, I'd be happy to do it, sans hyperbole.

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 04:36 PM

8. "They interviewed some LEO big shot, IRT the idiot in ARZ saying he"
In response to Reply # 1

wants 250K armed citizens; post san bernardino

should be easy to imagine how much higher the body count would have been

if there was a room full of armed citizens

cross-fire, etc...

not to mention first responders stepping into an active gun battle

how can the right be pro gun and pro life

I feel like those things are mutually exclusive

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22274 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 05:11 PM

12. "REF: 2014 Las Vegas Shootings"
In response to Reply # 1

The two then fled to a nearby Walmart, where Jerad fired a shot at the ceiling and ordered shoppers to leave. Joseph Wilcox, who was carrying a concealed weapon, drew his weapon and confronted Jerad,but passed Amanda as he did so, not realizing that she was armed and Jerad's accomplice; Amanda shot and killed Wilcox.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 05:14 PM

13. "#7 lists attacks being stopped."
In response to Reply # 12

MEAT
22274 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 08:22 PM

15. "I don't know where to begin to refute your counter points"
In response to Reply # 13
Mon Dec-07-15 08:24 PM by MEAT

It's so mind boggling dumb.
In one of the linked articles you cite two police officers.
In another you cite a retired police officer.

I started to write something but I'm not doing this. You enjoy your weapons, I'll enjoy my Nikes.

------

Brew
24480 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 08:24 PM

16. "You kinda have to do it tho."
In response to Reply # 15

At this point, we can't keep letting these gun-wielding, 'murica lovin' vigilantes continue to believe they've actually put a dent in the issue.

MEAT
22274 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 08:42 PM

20. "I just beat Rogue Legacy and I'm planning two vacations"
In response to Reply # 16

The only thing beating me right now is bills. Not terrorists. I'm not gonna argue with someone with delusions of grandeur that wouldn't listen to me anyways.

If he or anyone else feels like they are personally QuickDraw McGraw I'm willing to let them.

The older I get, the more I realize my physical limitations. I turn on the TV and see entire football field, soccer fields, basketball courts, hockey rinks of folks that could easily body me in a fair one. There are millions of people out there that could steal on me at any point in time and the most I could do is put up good one.

It's not that I'm slammable, I did sports my whole life and still kind of go to the gym. It's that day in and day out I go to a job, sit down, and eat shitty. There's millions of more like me just trying to enjoy life.

There will always be a segment of people out there that feel they can't get took. They'll hide their gun in the super market line but invest in a 401k plan. They'll allow crazy amounts of toxins in their drinking supply to get cheaper fuel that'll die out. They'll argue for lower taxes but complain about how much they spend on their shocks going out on from too many potholes.

To argue with them about guns is to call them fools, which they rightfully are, but levels of stupidity that it would take to dig through to get to the core of a fools mentality isn't something I'm willing to engage in.

I just beat Rogue Legacy and I'm planning two vacations. To quote an okp "I got a good life man"

------

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 08:40 PM

19. "here, have a few more..."
In response to Reply # 15

>It's so mind boggling dumb.
>In one of the linked articles you cite two police officers.
>In another you cite a retired police officer.
>
>I started to write something but I'm not doing this. You
>enjoy your weapons, I'll enjoy my Nikes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/10/03/do-civilians-with-guns-ever-stop-mass-shootings/

and saying you're going to enjoy your Nikes is hardly taking the moral high road you believe yourself to be on.

MEAT
22274 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 08:46 PM

23. "You can buy all the mouse traps you want"
In response to Reply # 19

You're still gonna have mice if you don't fix the real problems.

------

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 09:13 PM

28. "no one here is arguing that."
In response to Reply # 23

And I agree with you.

The solution to gun violence in this country would require the action of pretty much everyone... and we can't even agree that there IS a problem (which is glaringly obvious to anyone not associated with a gun lobby) so getting at the root of the problem will likely never happen.

Brew
24480 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 09:27 PM

29. "It can (and hopefully will) happen."
In response to Reply # 28

>so getting at the root of the
>problem will likely never happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 11:33 PM

32. "what is politically possible in other countries may not be here"
In response to Reply # 29

case in point:

Not long ago SoWhat and I brought up England's failed roll out of widespread adoption of cops with handguns. After so many citizens were killed at the hands of cops they rolled it back. Now 7% of all cops out that way have a firearm.

That simply wouldn't be possible here.

... ever.

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12875261&mode=full#12876101

Mynoriti
Charter member
38829 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 12:59 AM

33. "Yeah, plus i think now is the worst time to try to push gun control"
In response to Reply # 32

if they actually want something to pass. It made sense to try it after Sandy Hook. I thought they had a legit shot at background checks, and losing that one only made the NRA that much stronger. But after a terrorist attack when everyone's paranoid and riled up.. shit. Even something as no-brainer reasonable as no guns to anyone on a no-fly list, all people hear are the words 'gun control' and it's received as "we just got attacked and this asshole's solution is to take OUR guns away?" People just hear what they want

I don't see anything happening for another generation at this point.

Brew
24480 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 09:11 AM

35. "There is no bad time to try and push gun control."
In response to Reply # 33

Even if it doesn't work, once or a million times. We can't stay with the status quo at this point. Don't really give a fuck what people's insecurities are. Something needs to be done.

It won't, most likely, because of exactly what you said. So in a sense you're right. But that's what is frustrating for people with common sense.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38829 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 05:09 PM

41. "every time they try, the NRA gets stronger"
In response to Reply # 35

and double for times like this if people are scared, so i would argue the timing here is counter-productive. people will just dig in more. they want to hear what the government is going to do about terrorist attacks, and if they're convinced that the govt's main message is 'give us your guns' (even though it's not), the reaction plays right in to the nra/gop's hands.

after Sandy hook the majority of the public was on board for some type of gun control, and still lost out to the nra machine. i doubt the numbers are even close after SB

> But that's what is frustrating for
>people with common sense.

yup

Brew
24480 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 07:52 PM

44. "Right right I see what you're saying. "
In response to Reply # 41

But I suppose the question then would be, when IS a good time? The NRA will always find *something* to make their case. When do the smart people stop making excuses and just work harder for it? That's what I think Obama was trying to say the other nite. Time to act. No more excuses. No more putting it off. Just find better strategy.

Now, I don't know shit about shit so I don't know exactly what that strategy should be necessarily. But I did just read an article about how if you invest with Fidelity or the two other top 3 American investment firms, chances are good you invest in one of the major gun companies and support the amendment without even knowing it. So, looking into making sure you aren't in any funds supporting their cause indirectly is a good start for us common folk.

Anyway I'm kinda rambling but I just really think the "not the time" excuse is lame at this point, though the point you made is obviously a good one and has plenty of evidence to back it up. My only point is that this cannot just sit on the back burner any longer. Mass shootings happen more than once per day on average. So by that logic there's never a good time to work to change it. Know what I'm saying ?

Brew
24480 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 09:09 AM

34. "Right. Not saying it would work just like it did in Aus..."
In response to Reply # 32

or that their strategy should be ours. I'm saying THINGS HAVE HAPPENED in other countries and clearly what we're doing IS NOT FUCKING WORKING so it's worth TRYING SOMETHING. ANYTHING other than what we're currently doing.

That's my point. The resistance to that line of thinking is what's appalling, on your part and everyone's. The worst thing we can do is shrug and say "Nothing we can! Made our bed!"

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 12:43 PM

37. "This is America..."
In response to Reply # 34

>or that their strategy should be ours. I'm saying THINGS HAVE
>HAPPENED in other countries and clearly what we're doing IS
>NOT FUCKING WORKING so it's worth TRYING SOMETHING. ANYTHING
>other than what we're currently doing.

"We’re Americans! We don’t quit just because we’re wrong! We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right!" - Ed Wuncler

Brew
24480 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 12:54 PM

38. "This made me laugh."
In response to Reply # 37

ndibs
Member since Aug 06th 2012
12715 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 08:44 PM

21. "nobody got killed at that walmart but the shooters..."
In response to Reply # 12

the concealed weapon guy and the couple.

concealed weapon guy may have well saved a bunch of people's lives.

reality is, if everyone was carrying you'd have a lot more people getting shot because arguments that would have been fist fights or knife fights would become deadly if people had the opportunitiy to reach for guns. also there'd be more accidents in the home and kids committing suicide or shooting up their schools with parents guns.

BUT, some of these mass attacks might get stopped.

the main danger is to the person who's owning the gun, like in this case where concealed carry guy got shot. but i don't think your average person would be at greater danger with a bunch more concealed carriers.

MEAT
22274 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 08:49 PM

24. "The concealed weapon guy didn't save ANYONE's life"
In response to Reply # 21

They allowed everyone to leave the store aside from the cops. He stayed, by choice, trying to be a hero, and got shot. The end. No nuance. No expanded story. He'd be alive if he left the store like ALL of the other people in the store. It's that simple.

------

ndibs
12715 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 08:54 PM

25. "he shot the man which meant the police only had to deal"
In response to Reply # 24

with one person, a woman, not a team when they arrived. So we do not know that.

Brew
24480 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 09:03 PM

26. "Whew! More dead people. Thank god."
In response to Reply # 25

ndibs
12715 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 10:02 PM

31. "RE: Whew! More dead people. Thank god."
In response to Reply # 26

>
Darwin awards oh well

MEAT
22274 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 09:04 PM

27. "That's not true. He started to confront and was shot in the back of"
In response to Reply # 25
Mon Dec-07-15 09:05 PM by MEAT

The head. Sorry, Jerard was killed by the cops, the woman killed herself.

------

ndibs
12715 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 10:02 PM

30. "Oh well. That's how these types want to die and I'm not mad "
In response to Reply # 27

About it. Will I be concealed carrying? Nope. Do i think there's a lot of harm in it? Nope except to the carrier.

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 03:52 PM

5. "Read this related article the other night and thought it was interesting"
In response to Reply # 0

Vox - America's gun problem, explained
http://www.vox.com/2015/10/3/9444417/gun-violence-united-states-america

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

Mynoriti
Charter member
38829 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 05:02 PM

9. "Peeps fantasize having a gun will turn them into John McClain"
In response to Reply # 0

In these situations. Most would probably be Fredo Corleone pistol fumblers at best, if they don't completely just bitch out and run away.

I'm not even a big gun control person, but these last couple weeks have been the worst with all the dumb memes and 'share this' things. It's even worse when some of the people going the hardest also happen to be some of the biggest pussies i know.

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 05:06 PM

10. "RE: Cheddar Bob"
In response to Reply # 9

https://youtu.be/VBOXTcSXcyA?t=25s

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49491 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 05:11 PM

11. "This is some Travis Bickle mind of a stalker type shit. "
In response to Reply # 0

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Sofian_Hadi
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
5630 posts
Mon Dec-07-15 08:45 PM

22. "People think because they go to target practice they're heroes"
In response to Reply # 0

Big difference between shooting a target....and shooting a target while being shot at by someone. This ish is really bothering me.

---------------------------------------

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." - James Baldwin

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 10:21 AM

36. "what a load of horseshit"
In response to Reply # 0

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7008 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 04:09 PM

39. "RE: I stand behind you in line at the store with a smile on my face and ..."
In response to Reply # 0

in a test this dude was dead in 5 secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5615 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 05:34 PM

43. "Love this video"
In response to Reply # 39

a lot of these people need to be dongslapped in the face w/a dose of reality. To me it's cool if you want to own a gun, but we need to tighten up the rules a bit - maybe extra classes, wait periods, mandatory insurance, etc. Seems like a fair enough compromise.

But the John McClain fantasy that so many of these people have is so ridiculous. They cling to anecdotes of heroism, even when the data says you or a family member is way more likely to be injured by your own gun than you are to be protected or saved by it.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Brew
24480 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 07:53 PM

45. "^^^^^^^ all of this "
In response to Reply # 43

>a lot of these people need to be dongslapped in the face w/a
>dose of reality. To me it's cool if you want to own a gun,
>but we need to tighten up the rules a bit - maybe extra
>classes, wait periods, mandatory insurance, etc. Seems like a
>fair enough compromise.
>
>But the John McClain fantasy that so many of these people have
>is so ridiculous. They cling to anecdotes of heroism, even
>when the data says you or a family member is way more likely
>to be injured by your own gun than you are to be protected or
>saved by it.

southphillyman
Member since Oct 22nd 2003
90059 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 04:22 PM

40. "the sad reality is these events are a huge sales boost for the gun indus..."
In response to Reply # 0

i'm always amazed at how packed gun shops are in the middle of the work day
there is the narrative of us standing in line and spending our last on jordans
the same is true of them in these gun shops after a tragedy or the latest 'they going take our guns' scare
the manufacturers and local sellers are making money hand over fist and prices fluctuate like stock indexes depending on what's in the news....creating a thriving second hand market

~~~~~~

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Tue Dec-08-15 05:11 PM

42. "Gun TV coming soon"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.fastcompany.com/3054206/guntv-a-qvc-for-deadly-weapons-is-coming-to-cable-soon

Lobby General Discussion topic #12940107 Previous topic | Next topic