Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRight right I see what you're saying.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12940107&mesg_id=12940863
12940863, Right right I see what you're saying.
Posted by Brew, Tue Dec-08-15 07:52 PM
But I suppose the question then would be, when IS a good time? The NRA will always find *something* to make their case. When do the smart people stop making excuses and just work harder for it? That's what I think Obama was trying to say the other nite. Time to act. No more excuses. No more putting it off. Just find better strategy.

Now, I don't know shit about shit so I don't know exactly what that strategy should be necessarily. But I did just read an article about how if you invest with Fidelity or the two other top 3 American investment firms, chances are good you invest in one of the major gun companies and support the amendment without even knowing it. So, looking into making sure you aren't in any funds supporting their cause indirectly is a good start for us common folk.

Anyway I'm kinda rambling but I just really think the "not the time" excuse is lame at this point, though the point you made is obviously a good one and has plenty of evidence to back it up. My only point is that this cannot just sit on the back burner any longer. Mass shootings happen more than once per day on average. So by that logic there's never a good time to work to change it. Know what I'm saying ?