Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12851302

Subject: "Next up: Women's Rights (globally)" Previous topic | Next topic
double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Sun Jul-12-15 12:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Next up: Women's Rights (globally)"

prediction:

the next real fight is going to be women's rights/humanizing women nationally and globally

i'm basing this on the resistance some groups of people are putting up towards the gains women have been making.

right now one of the most dirty words you can call a woman is a "feminist" and I think thats telling.

Dissatisfaction towards the status quo being verbalized and the chatter has been steadily increasing.

I'm still thinking it through but it seems to make a lot of sense (more so than the red herring that are transracial rights, polygamy and the like)

I'm not so good with words but....yeah, this is going to keep getting louder and louder until something is done.

I thought long about posting this out of fear of coming off like I'm "caping for hoes" or "doing it for the inboxes", but fuck it, this is how fucked up this shit is

of course I say stupid shit that is often presented using bad grammar and faulty logic and anecdotal evidence. now that I've said that for you can you talk about this?

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
how do we gain momentum in countries that don't even
Jul 12th 2015
Not to be a dick but that's like predicting the Bulls will win the 1992 ...
Jul 12th 2015
RE: Next up: Women's Rights (globally)
Jul 12th 2015
what rights dont we have again?
Jul 12th 2015
"/humanizing"
Jul 13th 2015
Good luck with that one.
Jul 12th 2015
re: American exceptionalism
Jul 13th 2015

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Sun Jul-12-15 03:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "how do we gain momentum in countries that don't even"
In response to Reply # 0

try to pretend to be democratic?

like countries that got "women aint equal bruh" in their fucking constitution.

i mean..you gotta spill some blood right? it's gon take more than twitter

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sun Jul-12-15 03:52 PM

2. "Not to be a dick but that's like predicting the Bulls will win the 1992 ..."
In response to Reply # 0

Which is to say that it's already a guns-blazing fight. The fact that we don't recognize it as such is telling.

Anyway, it's a map where an inch equals an inch. A weird mixture of elements that pervade all societies and cultures and others that are unique to individual ones or shared across regions. I think it's a fight that has to take place incrementally, beginning locally, expanding nationally, then regionally, then internationally. The power of movements in individual places will influence those in others, but I don't see it as something that will be coordinated on a global scale but there are just a lot of different circumstances and views.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Sun Jul-12-15 08:31 PM

3. "RE: Next up: Women's Rights (globally)"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree. The fact that their are people running for president who believe that men should have a say in women using birth control or telling a woman she can't have an abortion is going to put women's rights in the forefront real soon.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

godleeluv
Member since Jun 11th 2013
5861 posts
Sun Jul-12-15 10:15 PM

4. "what rights dont we have again?"
In response to Reply # 0

🙋
Music is almost everything.

double negative
22151 posts
Mon Jul-13-15 09:18 AM

7. ""/humanizing""
In response to Reply # 4

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28855 posts
Sun Jul-12-15 10:43 PM

5. "Good luck with that one."
In response to Reply # 0

It's such an American thing to do to go over to another culture and dictate what to change. Obviously things could be a lot better in other places but they aren't accepting invitations to change from us.

We have a long way to go towards fixing things in America as well. Politicians on stage telling women that they can and cannot do with their bodies. Let affirmative action lapse and watch what happens. LOL at any woman pushing against affirmative action according to conclusive data. If that lapses then the movement moved backwards...

double negative
22151 posts
Mon Jul-13-15 09:15 AM

6. "re: American exceptionalism "
In response to Reply # 5

my pov might be american but I think of examples like malala yousafzai

Lobby General Discussion topic #12851302 Previous topic | Next topic