Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2652706

Subject: "RE: those same owners love them some Muhammad Ali tho.." Previous topic | Next topic
COOLEHMAGAZINE
Member since May 22nd 2007
5563 posts
Wed Apr-25-18 02:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "RE: those same owners love them some Muhammad Ali tho.."
In response to In response to 7

What else could possibly happen though? I guess my expectations for people, on a whole, are much lower.

However sad it may be, the fact that they feel the need to -publicly, at least- do anything other than defend "law and order" is actually progress!

It can be sad. But it is still change from things were like before.

Most people do not care enough to suffer financial or emotional hardship about any problem that does not affect them. Getting people to that place is pretty much the hardest thing in the world.

If the NFL were suddenly to declare itself in total support of BLM and denounce all manner of police and state violence in unequivocal terms it would place them well to the left of the general American public, at the very moment when the majority is moving to the right, if anything. Which would be financially disastrous. You don't get to be rich enough to own an NFL team without putting economic prudence ahead of idealism, and pretty much anything else.

There is a word for people who act ethically without regard to their bottom line in this country. It's "brave"

I don't look around corporate boardrooms and expect to see a coterie of brave Americans. Quite the opposite.

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos

http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Inside the Confidential N.F.L. Meeting to Discuss National Anthem Protes... [View all] , j0510, Wed Apr-25-18 11:57 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Sounds like a meeting to get the players to back down.
Apr 25th 2018
“It’s divisive and it’s horrible.”
Apr 25th 2018
Sounds like it went better than I would have expected
Apr 25th 2018
For the owners to be primarily concerned with Trump PR
Apr 25th 2018
      RE: For the owners to be primarily concerned with Trump PR
Apr 25th 2018
      Agree
Apr 25th 2018
      I don't get how politics have anything to do with it.
Apr 25th 2018
      those same owners love them some Muhammad Ali tho..
Apr 25th 2018

Right.
Apr 25th 2018
           RE: Right.
Apr 25th 2018
      The owners are businessmen concerned about their bottom line.
Apr 25th 2018
All i got from this is I'm looking at Malcom Jenkins even funnier rn
Apr 25th 2018

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2652706 Previous topic | Next topic