Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #740001

Subject: "Collins was great, but Seyfried was the standout IMO" Previous topic | Next topic
benny
Member since Jan 15th 2003
8439 posts
Tue Dec-08-20 12:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Collins was great, but Seyfried was the standout IMO"
In response to In response to 2

I agree on the flaws being nitpick-level in general, but they did add up to something oddly distasteful I thought. A couple examples: the Netflix International Pictures card at the start, or the digitally inserted reel splotches when he goes to talk to his buddy about the anti-Sinclair campaign. Both are extremely small aspects of the project, easy to minimize, but they also feel like very pointed additions to make it seem like it's an attempt at replicating the feel of a Golden Era movie, but purely through a lazy Easter Egg methodology. It would've been a lot more convincing if, say, the dialogue had more of the razor-sharp wisecracks this era's films are so famous for. Instead of that we get several scenes where Mank is hanging out with other screenwriters in which the barbs feel flat and drab

------------------------------
For the record, my teams:
MLB: Mets / Soccer: PSG
NCAA BB: Arizona / NCAA FB: Michigan
NBA: Spurs / NFL: Jets

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Mank (2020, Fincher Jr, Netflix) [View all] , benny, Sat Dec-05-20 12:26 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
That last sentence is *chef's kiss*
Dec 05th 2020
I thought it had a real flow to it, and Lily Collins surprised me a lot
Dec 06th 2020
I'm mad he basically ended MindHunter for this
Dec 07th 2020
I loved Mank. It was funny!
Dec 18th 2020
Very standard biopic. Might be Fincher’s worst.
Dec 21st 2020

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #740001 Previous topic | Next topic