Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #693230

Subject: "That show Spartacus is a glorified 300 b." Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Sun Feb-22-15 12:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"That show Spartacus is a glorified 300 b."

A few cats recommended me that show and I watched it over the past 3 weeks. They gotta grow up yo. This a show for 15 year old boys.

First all the nudity and sex was absolutely not needed and gratuitous. I mean Jesus Christ it was tits and tits and tits and tits with a cock thrown in every once in a while. It was not titillating in the slightest. For those of you who said Blue is the Warmest Color was pervy, this show is more so. I mean they had sex scenes of two dudes fucking, Nasir and Spartacus' homeboy, but even that felt thrown in and to balance out all the other shit. Which it didn't at all.

Continuing on that the rape of women AND men was sexualizied it was disgusting. I mean come on.

With that if it wasn't sex/nudity/rape, it was outlandish, cartoon-y violence. It got repetitive in that they would yell and slash each other up cut limbs and shit with blood splashes flying through the air.

And with that the slow motion which was clearly aping 300 and was used at any moment they could. Someone tripping and falling into the ground was in slow motion :/

And the language was unnecessary as well. Every other word was "cock", "ass", "cunt", or "fuck". Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with all of this but when it's this poorly written...

And finally, cats were telling me about the "plot twists". Um, for the first season they were decent at best. But the show is structured as such in that characters plot and scheme followed by violence followed by sex. It got fucking old quickly.

Also, even for TV the effects and general aesthetic looked cheap as fuck man.

Anyone here a fan of the show? Anyone else dislike it?

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

That show Spartacus is a glorified 300 b. [View all] , bwood, Sun Feb-22-15 12:18 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
like 8 eps deep. its dope so far
Feb 22nd 2015
The show peaks after the prequel miniseries. And that's not saying much
Feb 22nd 2015
Looks like the first two seasons' posts are gone.
Feb 22nd 2015
RE: That show Spartacus is a glorified 300 b.
Feb 22nd 2015
No fan of the sho will deny any of this...
Feb 23rd 2015
It’s the best example of a show ‘righting the ship’ ive ever seen.
Feb 23rd 2015
See I found it midly amusing.
Feb 23rd 2015
I feel like the gratuitous sex and violence goes along with the premise
Feb 23rd 2015
Rome and Game of Thrones do it in a non-explotive manner tho
Feb 23rd 2015
      Well yeah, the violence is hyper-stylized and more comparable to 300
Feb 23rd 2015
           Even the characters sucked
Feb 23rd 2015

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #693230 Previous topic | Next topic