Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13272459

Subject: "Seriously, why does anyone give a sh*t if Zac Efron sports dreads?" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49424 posts
Sat Jul-07-18 09:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Seriously, why does anyone give a sh*t if Zac Efron sports dreads?"

I know people call it cultural appropriation but without using those words I'd like for someone to describe the harm or disrespect that is being done to anyone by someone wearing a certain hairstyle or wearing Asian prints or whatever. I get when the style has significant religious or cultural meaning (I wouldn't wear another groups religious garb for Halloween for example) but I wish a mofo would try to tell me I couldn't wear a certain hairstyle because it belongs to their culture.

I find this issue particularly annoying because folks getting worked up by this make it easy to dismiss more important issues because they all get lumped together as oversensitive PC culture.

I mean come on, how overwrought "My lifestyle is not something you steal and pick up just for fun”? Your lifestyle? Come one B. Unless you a Rasta that sounds like some bullshit.

No one owns culture and if your culture spreads that's typically (granted no always) a good thing.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/zac-efron-got-dreadlocks-just-for-fun_us_5b3f5fdce4b09e4a8b2c0111

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Seriously, why does anyone give a sh*t if Zac Efron sports dreads? [View all] , Buddy_Gilapagos, Sat Jul-07-18 09:18 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Lol our generation of complainers are the worst
Jul 07th 2018
This is a Black discussion Heinz, you can see your dumbazz out of it.
Jul 07th 2018
      Lol the irony of a cultural appropriation discussion
Jul 08th 2018
I’m ok with black people going extra
Jul 07th 2018
Lol
Jul 07th 2018
Who?
Jul 07th 2018
is this really a thing or it just a few people bitching?
Jul 07th 2018
thats the cycle.
Jul 07th 2018
      RE: thats the cycle.
Jul 07th 2018
      Ben Shapiro DESTROYS cuck lib
Jul 07th 2018
      Nice one
Jul 07th 2018
I don't like it at all but....
Jul 07th 2018
That's not what cultural appropriation is
Jul 08th 2018
thanks. was hoping someone else would explain
Jul 08th 2018
I know you've worked a lot in the corporate sector
Jul 09th 2018
But White folks are always "exercising their privilege".
Jul 09th 2018
There’s a portion of black folks that feel dreads are black culture
Jul 08th 2018

Lobby General Discussion topic #13272459 Previous topic | Next topic