Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12898024

Subject: "When I got "reported" for "ignoring" a coworker I "didn't want to help"" Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44992 posts
Thu Sep-17-15 06:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
30. "When I got "reported" for "ignoring" a coworker I "didn't want to help""
In response to In response to 0

When I started at my current office earlier this year I was viewed as a resource since most of the workers in my unit had less than two years experience.

One worker is an older woman, I assume mid 50's, who consistently brags about working because she just wants extra spending money but doesn't actually need to work. She qas fond of reminding me that to be a child protective services manager and that her former mentor (I eventually tuned in to the word "former" with good reason) didn't know how to teach people with learning disabilities. She has adult add and her FORMER mentor didn't make allowances for that.

She asked me for some sort of help on several cases a day and pretty much everything she asked me would be something rudimentary that could easily be found in the handbook. Further, these questions were generally the same questions with the same answers each time. She said she's been in this position for two years and the questions she continued to ask simply shouldn't need asking after this point.

Them she started asking me to translate Spanish speaking cases for her. I can't count how many times I've explained that I don't speak Spanish, but that seemed like a huge red flag to me that something else is going on with her.

I finally started referring her to the "III" (3) position above are position and suggested she ask her supervisor for some one on one mentoring to help her with some of these questions since she seemed t I'm have so many.

Welp, that was a mistake because she insisted I WAS her mentor and she didn't understand why I had such a problem helping her. I explained that I was more than happy to help, but when I repeatedly give the same answers, print out hand book material and policy updates for her and she still has the same questions, it's possible that she needs more help than I can give her.

She went on a rant about me being just like the previous mentor and I don't make allowance so for her adult add. To be clear, a mentor is just another worker assigned to answer questions and do some basic training, but is NOT an official position and doesn't have any sort of training that would qualify them to teach someone in a special needs capacity, which, I'm sorry, is fucking ridiculous to expect.

so I just started avoiding her at all costs, taking the longer path to my desk to avoid her desk, and suggesting she speak to III for every question she had, and making sure I had headphones on if I had to walk past her desk so I'd have a plausible reason to keep moving if she said something to me. A III is the resource level of our position, by the way. Anyhow she went and told a supervisor that I was giving poor internal customer service to the point where I wouldn't even say good morning to her, and in general had no interest in helping her.

So I broke down the situation to my supervisor with every pertinent detail. To be honest I don't think she's fit for the job and I said as much. Then, knowing how weird and petty things get with this job over the slightest offense, I spoke to my friend, who is a supervisor with some significant pull (this was before she was my direct supervisor) and let her know the situation.

All I know is the questions stopped and now I get these weird passive aggressive comments when I walk by or when she walks by. I put my friend up on that too, because I'm not falling prey to this nut job and her incompetence.

-Sig-

“Why didn’t you do this in your own god damn country?"

-All Stah's view on undocumented immigrants wanting to be treated like human beings.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

When is it okay to snitch at work? [View all] , atruhead, Thu Sep-17-15 02:26 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
When someone's BS affects your Time, Money, Opportunity, or Happiness.
Sep 17th 2015
when its affecting your money or job
Sep 17th 2015
nevermind
Sep 17th 2015
my examples above
Sep 17th 2015
      RE: my examples above
Sep 17th 2015
           word.
Sep 17th 2015
Smh dry snitchin ass niggas
Sep 17th 2015
I don't dry snitch. I'm telling on you in a meeting or
Sep 17th 2015
      ew
Sep 17th 2015
      SMDH
Sep 17th 2015
      this is why you aint got no job tommy
Sep 17th 2015
I almost snitched one time
Sep 17th 2015
what if you ran into him ballin out instead of struggling?
Sep 17th 2015
      The company folded anyway so he lucked up.
Sep 17th 2015
           you don't believe in money? cool, lemme hold a hunnid...
Sep 17th 2015
if not snitching is reasonably likely to jam you up.
Sep 17th 2015
when you're white
Sep 17th 2015
when you messing up, and that screw up will affect another person
Sep 17th 2015
never have. if its work related, unless you're beefing w/ someone
Sep 17th 2015
my homegirl ryde or die..she ain't snitch
Sep 17th 2015
Snitching does not apply to work...
Sep 17th 2015
i like to keep my supervisor in the loop.
Sep 17th 2015
If you snitch all the time
Sep 17th 2015
don't forget: nobody likes a snitch
Sep 17th 2015
best reply in the post..
Sep 17th 2015
Snitching implies you were doing dirt with someone and got busted
Sep 17th 2015
I don't see the benefit of snitching @ work..
Sep 17th 2015
when somebody gonna shoot up the office or wreck the money.
Sep 17th 2015
I work in healthcare, if someone makes a mistake someone may get HIV....
Sep 17th 2015
IMO it would have to be something very, very serious
Sep 17th 2015
Update: so yeah...I definitely had to snitch today
Sep 17th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12898024 Previous topic | Next topic