Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've always hated our glamorization/romanticizing of Pimping.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13193840
13193840, I've always hated our glamorization/romanticizing of Pimping.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Sep-12-17 12:55 PM
Never watched fully American Pimp. Never was too into Ice T because of it. Limits my appreciation of Snoop Dogg (don't think he ever should have gotten a pass for showing up on the red carpet of the VMAs with two black women on leashes).

Made me reluctant to watch the Deuce on HBO but caught it last night and it was really good. Also did a good job, I think, of not romanticizing the exploitative and violent nature of pimping.

Anyway, why you think Pimping gets such a pass as something cool, charming or funny in certain segments of our culture?

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13193843, *frowns*
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Tue Sep-12-17 01:02 PM
For the record, my username is from an Outkast skit.

I don't not (and never have) endorse pimping in any way, shape, or form.
13193845, replace pimping with drug dealing and i'm with you
Posted by BigJazz, Tue Sep-12-17 01:05 PM

I ain't lyin. This shit i'm making up is true...
13193846, So have I.. it's kind of deplorable
Posted by rdhull, Tue Sep-12-17 01:05 PM
I get it that people are free to do with their bodies what they want in that sex isn't a negative… But the way pimping itself is this cried is actually degrading and not something to aspire to. I don't know when the vernacular became something to aspire to as being a player and what not. The meanings behind the language is something that needs to be considered as it's not honorable imho
13193849, is it any different from the "glamorization" of gangster/mafia culture...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Sep-12-17 01:13 PM
i.e. Scarface, Godfather trilogy, Sopranos, etc?

Squares like to see and fantasize about how those people live, people that are actually about that life like seeing people like themselves in movies & tv.
13193859, It might not be, which is okay
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Sep-12-17 01:36 PM
but I think in my mind I differentiate because one necessarily involves the violent exploitation of women.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

13193860, oh so you cape'ing right now? carry on. n/m
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Sep-12-17 01:40 PM
13193850, I'm more bothered by the word "Pimp" than actual pimping...
Posted by flipnile, Tue Sep-12-17 01:14 PM
"Pimp" is too close to "Pimple" for me, not a good word

I agree with B_G in that don't understand the fascination with it. I also don't understand why all the heat is always directed at the pimp, and not the hoes.
13193852, How do you feel about UGK though?
Posted by MEAT, Tue Sep-12-17 01:17 PM
13193853, because it ain't easy?
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Sep-12-17 01:25 PM

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
13193857, he ain't got no hoes
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Sep-12-17 01:33 PM
13193856, pimpin aint easy
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Sep-12-17 01:30 PM
13193858, hoein is harder
Posted by BigJazz, Tue Sep-12-17 01:36 PM

13193862, I always been a little confused and question this
Posted by rhchick, Tue Sep-12-17 01:42 PM
Why do women sign up for this?

How does a woman 'fall into the life' or get 'tricked' in to hooking? In essence aren't pimps glorified because of the women that support them?

Then men are supporting the lifestyle because the idea of controlling someone and making a profit from it makes it appealing.
13193867, it's protection.. when a John beats you up
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-12-17 01:46 PM
or another pimp or some hoes rob you and you have no backup? You ass out.

At least with a pimp you can be like "baby, Pretty Tony gonna fuck you up if you hit me again"
13193936, a lot of women don't
Posted by tariqhu, Tue Sep-12-17 03:14 PM
sign up for it, but get caught up by trusting the wrong folks. promises of love, being taken care of, etc. sometimes leads to being drugged, raped, threatened, beating. then you're stuck. lots of young runaways get stuck in pimp life.

that's not to say that some don't just willingly sign up, but I'd suspect that's less than those that get caught up before they realize what's happening.
13194096, and a lot of pimps use women to recruit other women
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Sep-13-17 10:38 AM
but shit, these days women are pimping women
13194306, Like Heidi Fleiss? Or in the case of any 3rd world country, mothers
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Wed Sep-13-17 03:57 PM
pimping their own daughters?
13193965, most of these women are cutoff from family and friends and are on the...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Sep-12-17 04:05 PM
streets by themselves, a pimp can offer them security and a "family" with other whores doing the same thing they're doing.
13193861, there's a correlation with game/finesse/charm
Posted by atruhead, Tue Sep-12-17 01:40 PM
70s pimps didnt have to lay a hand on a woman
it was kind of on some life coach/mentor shit, women were well provided for with the money they brought in
so if your "pimp hand" was that strong I can see how it was respected before the game got ugly, violent and misogynistic
13193870, before it got misogynistic?
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-12-17 01:47 PM
bruh, that game has always been ugly and misogynistic.

13193877, maybe look up the word misogyny
Posted by atruhead, Tue Sep-12-17 01:53 PM
I wouldnt use that to describe how the pimp game in the 70s has been described
13193888, ehh.. if a hoe came up short on the ave? yeah.. misogyny bruh
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-12-17 02:02 PM
maybe getting them in the game was smoother but I think we glorify the 70's too much.

13193876, pimping existed before the 70s
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Sep-12-17 01:52 PM
and b/c prostitutes cannot access the police for help when they need it, they are at the mercy of pimps in most cases and have been since the beginning of __.

the way i see it the only solution to fixing the problem w/exploitation of prostitutes is to legalize the sex trade. all aspects of it. well, except for the sexy kids stuff. b/c...no. but the adult work? it should be perfectly legal and allowed to function out in the open. it can be as discreet as a community demands w/in reasonable limits. but if it's forced into the shadows that just makes it easier for the workers to be exploited by shady characters.

but w/all of the ridiculous pearl-clutching about sex work we're decades/generations from seeing that happen. it should've happened generations ago.
13194462, ^^^^
Posted by kayru99, Thu Sep-14-17 10:07 AM
Our Puritan assed culture passively kills a lot of people
13193902, ^^^Exhibit A of dumb romanticizing that I am talking about.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Sep-12-17 02:22 PM
You can't really be thinking that 70s pimps didn't get violent with women do you?

>70s pimps didnt have to lay a hand on a woman
>it was kind of on some life coach/mentor shit, women were well
>provided for with the money they brought in
>so if your "pimp hand" was that strong I can see how it was
>respected before the game got ugly, violent and misogynistic
>

13193908, sorry, I was just going off of accounts I've heard
Posted by atruhead, Tue Sep-12-17 02:28 PM
you took my reply as romanticizing, where I was more so explaining why it seems fascinating
13193864, From the State Capitol, to the Nations capitol, from the Pineapple to the BIG APPLE
Posted by double negative, Tue Sep-12-17 01:44 PM
From the State Capitol, to the Nations capitol, from the Pineapple to the BIG APPLE
13194042, RE: From the State Capitol, to the Nations capitol, from the Pineapple to the BIG APPLE
Posted by Mgmt, Wed Sep-13-17 05:43 AM
HAHHAHAA KENNY RED
13193865, my boy has a hilarious story about pimping
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-12-17 01:44 PM
so he is in Oakland and some dude who was a pimp (or maybe his uncle was a pimp) back in DC walks in walks in. My boy is like "yo, your so and so from DC and calls him his street name. When he says his name the guy looks like "oh shit, you really are from DC"

he invites him to go to a party in Vegas for the weekend. My boy thinks its to chill and when he gets there he realizes it's the Players Ball. So he is chilling with Don Juan and a few other pimps and they are chopping it up and they start talking about books/guides that every pimp should read.

Just so happens my Dad had this book and I stole it from him not even thinking it was some holy grail of books. I can't even remember the name but I let my boy borrow it in college. This fool said he went to kinko's and scanned every page and laminated it in a binder because the book was old as shit. Some shit from the 70's.

Anyway, someone tells my boy to go downstairs to the hotel lobby to get Mike.

My boy has no idea who it is and when he gets downstairs its MIKE FUCKING TYSON and he looked pissed cause everyone was bothering him in the lobby for a pic or autograph. Mike gets on the elevator and it's SILENCE!!! Then Mike turns and ask what they are doing in the hotel room and my boy said politicking or some high ass word for chilling and Mike does this high pitch laugh..

"politicking, heh heh, I like that, I like that word.. yeah.. politicking"

My boy said they tried to get him onto pimping cause they liked the way he handled himself but he ain't about that life.

But he did tell me he saw some young ass pimps who were caked up.. or you know, flashed like they were caked up.

Then he went to visit Don Juan in LA and dude had a real humble 1 bedroom apartment.

I guess it really ain't easy.
13193977, Was the book "Black Players" perhaps
Posted by ProgressiveSound, Tue Sep-12-17 04:54 PM
I'm reading it now, pretty fascinating stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Players-Secret-World-Pimps/dp/0983104905/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505253210&sr=8-1&keywords=black+players
13193869, Legalize sex work. Period.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Sep-12-17 01:47 PM
All of it. It wouldn't wipe out pimping but it would severely diminish it.

Legalize sex work and open up immigration. Stop forcing hoes and tricks to operate undercover. Let em free.

It's the oldest profession on earth, so they say. Sex sells when cotton and coal won't sell, so they say. They're right. It won't be shamed or legislated out of existence. Let em free.
13193873, oldest profession?
Posted by BigJazz, Tue Sep-12-17 01:50 PM
http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13143096&mesg_id=13143096&listing_type=search

13193878, yes, i remember that post.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Sep-12-17 01:53 PM
point is - the shit has been around since forever. and it ain't going anywhere. so why do we act so stupid about it?

b/c somebody said somebody's deity is gonna blah blah blah. so we allow folks to be exploited b/c of some fictional shit?

okay.

it's outrageous.
13193896, ^^^^exactly
Posted by rorschach, Tue Sep-12-17 02:15 PM
That would open up a new industry to taxation. Regulations could be set in place that would put a big dent into pimping and sex trafficking.

Workers could be required to get a license, opening a revenue stream for states.

Also, both the worker and the john are less likely to encounter violence since the environments could be controlled.
13193911, yeah but i wouldn't want to see sex workers taxed and regulated
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Sep-12-17 02:30 PM
too much. b/c that would make that underground sex trade still too attractive.

but yeah. legalize it. regulate it - but not out of existence.
13193931, lol @ this sentence. Sounds like you got this thought out.
Posted by flipnile, Tue Sep-12-17 03:01 PM
>Legalize sex work and open up immigration.

I agree tho.
13193941, ha.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Sep-12-17 03:22 PM
b/c sex trafficking that crosses borders usually involves women brought in from foreign countries.
13193987, dont they in some parts of Nevada?
Posted by rdhull, Tue Sep-12-17 05:16 PM
>All of it. It wouldn't wipe out pimping but it would severely
>diminish it.
>
>Legalize sex work and open up immigration. Stop forcing hoes
>and tricks to operate undercover. Let em free.
>
>It's the oldest profession on earth, so they say. Sex sells
>when cotton and coal won't sell, so they say. They're right.
>It won't be shamed or legislated out of existence. Let em
>free.
13193995, yes.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Sep-12-17 05:31 PM
13193871, Sidenote: I was fascinated by the depiction of a Manhattan where
Posted by Teknontheou, Tue Sep-12-17 01:49 PM
poor people of various races could live and/or stay long-term in hotels well below Harlem. I started spending time here and then moved here once gentrification was already well under way, so that's only something I've heard tales of from older people or people who grew up here.
13193879, why would you have a problem with human trafficking?
Posted by KiloMcG, Tue Sep-12-17 01:54 PM
in many (probably even most) cases that's exactly what pimping is. you should have a problem with it, because it's a problem.
13193882, Right
Posted by Numba_33, Tue Sep-12-17 01:57 PM
I would imagine what you're referring to is probably much more prevalent than what the majority of folks are referencing (the blaxploitation version) in this thread, especially when children are unfortunately factored into the mix.
13193885, yup
Posted by KiloMcG, Tue Sep-12-17 01:59 PM
even craigslist and backpage hoes got pimps in most cases. they're being exploited and many (most)are forced to participate in this shit.

and don't even get me started on the kids. especially in foreign countries. shit is absolutely disgusting and will make you lose your lunch.
13193972, Especially when you find out that the parents are the ones doing
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Tue Sep-12-17 04:33 PM
the pimping.
13193985, Yeah dude, I was about to cry watching some of the video clips.
Posted by KiloMcG, Tue Sep-12-17 05:10 PM
13193880, today's pimping is extreme and needs to be eviscerated
Posted by ambient1, Tue Sep-12-17 01:54 PM
i don't know or see or hear about any of the old school pimping

nowadays it seems like it's more of the sex trafficking thing w/ kidnapped young drugged up women

but yeah...niggas wearing floor length furs, hair laid like 4 flats on a lac, and a backhand like John McEnroe...is essentially a character at this point

**shrugs**
13193881, you'd think the Internet would've killed it.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Sep-12-17 01:56 PM
but i guess not.

or maybe the Internet freed up most of the workers except the most vulnerable. and so pimping is coming down hard on those who're left in its clutches.

one more reason to legalize all of the adult sex industry.

13193892, agree w/legalizing it...i figure most would/or have gone into 'dancing'
Posted by ambient1, Tue Sep-12-17 02:09 PM
these days as a come up/gig/hustle
13193893, a lot of dancers got pimps too
Posted by KiloMcG, Tue Sep-12-17 02:12 PM
13193899, https://media.tenor.com/images/fb3f2d1e814190100a4ae401b1660d5b/tenor.gif
Posted by ambient1, Tue Sep-12-17 02:19 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/fb3f2d1e814190100a4ae401b1660d5b/tenor.gif

how does that work?

aren't they independent contractors?
13193904, haha, there's often a dude in the crowd keeping an eye on her.
Posted by KiloMcG, Tue Sep-12-17 02:23 PM
i just went through a pretty extensive training/presentation on human trafficking. there are definitely independent dancers without pimps, and there are definitely girls who are being forced to dance (in addition to other shit) by someone who is taking advantage of their vulnerability.
13193919, damn...prolly the same cats who got the backpage/motel chics
Posted by ambient1, Tue Sep-12-17 02:37 PM
they always seem to linger nearby

and for the record...No i don't purchase lol....i happen to live/work near a popular motel that 'employs or allows' those type of workers

their dynamic doesn't 'appear' exploitative tho from the outside looking in
13193928, yeah nowadays a lot of chicks sell pussy inside and outside strip clubs...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Sep-12-17 02:55 PM
some of are independent but some do still have pimps, "managers", security or whatsoever for obvious reasons especially if they're meeting up with strange "johns"/customers outside the club or traveling out of town.

Remember that scene in Player's Club when Myron followed Diamond home from the club, a lot of that shit happens for real. (side note: the funniest part about that scene in the movie is after all that commotion she still goes inside and catches her cousin Ebony in bed with her boyfriend like how did they not hear that shit?!lol)
13193973, RE: you'd think the Internet would've killed it.
Posted by Stringer Bell, Tue Sep-12-17 04:35 PM
>those who're left in its clutches.

I see what you did here.
13193978, a lot of them backpage hoes still have pimps though...
Posted by ThaTruth, Tue Sep-12-17 05:00 PM

>or maybe the Internet freed up most of the workers except the
>most vulnerable. and so pimping is coming down hard on those
>who're left in its clutches.

13193886, over by Sugar Creek you see women go from young and blonde
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-12-17 02:00 PM
to old and dirty in a matter of weeks. Shit is awful and these pimps are no older than 20.

13193891, damn shame
Posted by ambient1, Tue Sep-12-17 02:08 PM
13193898, bruh, ole girl looked like a healthy college age becky
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-12-17 02:18 PM
and 3 weeks later she was almost unrecognizable

scabs all up and down her legs.

it's a lot of truckers around that area but still, how the fuck you paying money to a girl with a bunch of soars on her legs and feet?

13193930, That's the drugs doing that
Posted by flipnile, Tue Sep-12-17 03:00 PM
13193942, and who you think is keeping them highed up?
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-12-17 03:30 PM
13194011, yo and whats crazy is, when i was down there in the late 80s/early 90s
Posted by mikediggz, Tue Sep-12-17 07:52 PM
that area u talkn about was just some average type shit. they had a red roof over there and another hotel across the street and they werent bad at all. right up off sugar creek was a middle class neighborhood called hidden valley which was a nice decent neighborhood. fast fwd a few years ago and there is a special on gangs that talked about a "violent street gang" outta charlotte called the hidden valley kings lol. they turned that nice neighborhood into the straight up hood. i saw that episode and i was like WHAT??? these niggas got a gang episode dedicated to them like they were the compton pirus or some shit smh. but yeah that area went down bad in probably the mid-late 90s. uncc was 10 mins from there so we used to go there and hit up the fast food spots.

edit: peep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEB0RHXKxnw

>to old and dirty in a matter of weeks. Shit is awful and
>these pimps are no older than 20.
>
>
13194015, My Dad called and asked me about Hidden Valley after that episode
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-12-17 08:20 PM
I had no idea. It looks like a regular middle class neighborhood.
13194092, lmaoooo first time i heard of HVK i thought it was a joke
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Sep-13-17 10:23 AM
we were watching gangland. and dude asked if i had ever seen the charlotte gangland ep. after about 45 secs of hard laughter he had it pulled up and i couldn't believe it.
13194097, when you ride past it it's like "nah.. this ain't no gang shit"
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Sep-13-17 10:40 AM
but when you watch the news and see these dudes running up in witnesses houses in Lake Norman and killing folks execution style? shiiieeeet.

13193905, There are no "good old days of pimping". It was always a violent
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Sep-12-17 02:25 PM
brutal exploitative trade.

It was always sex trafficking, we are just more enlightened now.

>i don't know or see or hear about any of the old school
>pimping
>
>nowadays it seems like it's more of the sex trafficking thing
>w/ kidnapped young drugged up women
>
>
>but yeah...niggas wearing floor length furs, hair laid like 4
>flats on a lac, and a backhand like John McEnroe...is
>essentially a character at this point
>
>**shrugs**

13193909, i didn't say there was a "good old days of pimping" and noted the
Posted by ambient1, Tue Sep-12-17 02:28 PM
violence associated with those days
13193884, Humans are dumb and $$ offers from producers make them dumber
Posted by Atillah Moor, Tue Sep-12-17 01:58 PM
That would be why I believe some in our culture embrace it. Same can be said for drug dealing.

American Pimp was good though. If we're talking about the Hughes Brothers film. Didn't glorify it at all IMO
13193897, i remember having the same thought when i learned what it was
Posted by Cenario, Tue Sep-12-17 02:15 PM
i thought a pimp was just a dude with a bunch of girls for his personal use. When i found out what he really was, i was like wait, why is this guy cool again?
13193914, how much blame does pimping culture share in fatherless homes...
Posted by seasoned vet, Tue Sep-12-17 02:33 PM
in the black community?

13193918, less than 5%.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Sep-12-17 02:35 PM
13193921, 0
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Sep-12-17 02:43 PM
13193923, what?
Posted by Cenario, Tue Sep-12-17 02:46 PM
13193926, Pimp's exploit women from fatherless homes I imagine.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Sep-12-17 02:51 PM
But I don't think that explains the glamorization of it for everyone else.

13193929, women w/fathers can get it too.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Sep-12-17 02:57 PM
13239514, Especially when the fathers are naive and complicit.
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Sat Mar-03-18 03:13 AM
13193934, i hate the conditions that made pimping so prevalent.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Tue Sep-12-17 03:10 PM
pimping is a symptom of a bigger issue.
13193949, What conditions? It's supply and demand, Oldest profession
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-12-17 03:36 PM
13194024, Im talking about pimping, not prostitution
Posted by Brotha Sun, Tue Sep-12-17 09:59 PM
The two aren't mutually inclusive concepts. One is inherently violent and misogynist, the other is merely sex work.
13193950, yeah like criminalizing sex work and sex workers
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Sep-12-17 03:36 PM
and the stigma attached to sex work.

13194025, sure
Posted by Brotha Sun, Tue Sep-12-17 10:00 PM
13193970, Blaxplotiation Films
Posted by Cam, Tue Sep-12-17 04:30 PM
Pimps = Antiheros
13194027, The sex trade hits close to home for me.
Posted by IkeMoses, Tue Sep-12-17 10:13 PM
My uncle is a pimp. He was actually featured in American Pimp.

He's one of the most heartless cowards I've ever met in my life. He's also one of the most charismatic and intelligent people I've met.

My oldest cousin has been a prostitute since the early 90s. She's about as fucked up emotionally as you'd imagine, after all the things she's been through. She's also one of the most affectionate and honest people in my family.

Shit is complicated.
13194479, damn
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Sep-14-17 10:38 AM
>My uncle is a pimp. He was actually featured in American
>Pimp.
>
>He's one of the most heartless cowards I've ever met in my
>life. He's also one of the most charismatic and intelligent
>people I've met.
>
>My oldest cousin has been a prostitute since the early 90s.
>She's about as fucked up emotionally as you'd imagine, after
>all the things she's been through. She's also one of the most
>affectionate and honest people in my family.
>
>Shit is complicated.
13238432, He still in Europe?
Posted by isaaaa, Wed Feb-28-18 10:29 AM

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://Tupreme.com
13194029, It's because you're a customer
Posted by handle, Tue Sep-12-17 11:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWFVQtg6eDU

Just playing - pimps are lame role models.
13194034, its VERY american. detest its mistaken as any measure of blk manhood.
Posted by 2.tears.in.a.bucket, Wed Sep-13-17 01:10 AM
the men i admired had zero problems piqueing a woman's interest w/charm, but they were all skilled tradesman that provided for their fam w/o subjecting women to sex work.

and them niggas KEPT a dollar.

*opens caddilac door & firmly plants money-green gator on pavement*

13194087, There are lesbian now pimps too lol
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Sep-13-17 10:07 AM
13194099, these lesbians in Charlotte are no joke
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Sep-13-17 10:42 AM
and when I used to hit up the little hood bar the stories were crazy as shit.

These women tear up these strip clubs now. It's usually more women than dudes in them now.
13194102, is uptown still popping
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Sep-13-17 10:49 AM
or is there a better club now.

epicenter -> uptown cabaret -> midnight diner was a very common night for us back when my buddies lived down there.
13194315, Music Factory might be more popular than epicenter now
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Sep-13-17 04:42 PM
everything still ends at Midnite Diner.

I got kids now so ionno.
13194316, Kinda off topic but I had a friend who started dating women
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Sep-13-17 04:45 PM
because she was through with the games that guys were putting her through.

Why was the lesbian chick the first person she dated that put hands on her though?

>and when I used to hit up the little hood bar the stories
>were crazy as shit.
>
>These women tear up these strip clubs now. It's usually more
>women than dudes in them now.

13194477, Bruh, same sex domestic violence is high as fuck.. like 60 to 70%
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Sep-14-17 10:36 AM
and one thing I noticed is when a female says she left dudes alone cause they were messy, playing games, cheating, etc...

they ALWAYS end up with a female version of the dudes they swore they would never date PLUS they usually have to fight their way out of the relationship.

some people like/attract shitty people.
13194619, Because they are shitty themselves, though seldom do they ever
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Thu Sep-14-17 04:17 PM
think that maybe, just maybe, they themselves are the problem.
13194035, Pimping = a decidedly tamer form of slavery.
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Wed Sep-13-17 02:35 AM
"Tamer," only because it involves women.
13194331, I feel Suga Free would but wouldn't be big if he came out today
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Wed Sep-13-17 06:45 PM
Like, because of social media, he wouldn't have remained local, and woulda got the respect and love he deserved....BUT, feminists and just regular folks would haaaaaaaaaaaaaate him. It was so much more acceptable back then.
13238422, Folks need reminding pimps ain't shit.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Feb-28-18 09:49 AM

13238456, ^^^
Posted by j., Wed Feb-28-18 11:59 AM
13238464, the whole pimp section of Chapelle's Bird Revelation
Posted by shamus, Wed Feb-28-18 12:15 PM
made my ears bleed.
13238529, why?
Posted by mind_grapes, Wed Feb-28-18 02:27 PM
cus you thought it was fucked how Iceberg manipulated his hoes or because you didnt like how Chappelle approached it?
13239523, I hate the notion that Pimps are these wise knowledge dropping elder
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Sat Mar-03-18 08:51 AM
statesmen.

They are blood sucking leeches.

13239555, yeah. this summarizes my feelings well. thanks
Posted by shamus, Sat Mar-03-18 12:51 PM
13239557, But wasn't that the point of Chappelle's bit?
Posted by mind_grapes, Sat Mar-03-18 01:17 PM
He wasn't trying to glorify him. He was trying to make an analogy between how these people operate as blood sucking leeches and compared it to how they industry treated him. I guess in this analogy Chappelle was supposed to be like that woman they kept trying to fuck after she couldn't take anymore.

Actually, you know what, I totally see why you hated this. It's just fucked up and hard to listen to, even if hes trying to make some larger point.
13239578, I agree with you how Chappelle was trying to use the metaphor
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Sat Mar-03-18 03:26 PM
but I hate and am tired of the whole, "the world is just one big pimping game" metaphor.

13238680, girls start in the life on avg at 13 + are criminalized at that outset
Posted by dba_BAD, Wed Feb-28-18 07:14 PM
just think about that

they aren't rape victims, victims of kidnapping, torture

they are prostitutes and are prosecuted

pimps and johns are prosecuted at staggeringly lower rates, which yes is all abt patriarchy sexism and misogyny

its so trash

i mean yeah legalize everything, but maybe we can start a conversation about rights and liberties by not prosecuting raped kids
13239518, The relationship this european colony has with black people
Posted by Musa, Sat Mar-03-18 08:19 AM
has always been one of pimp to hoe.

I never got it either and it is directly tied back to slavery in the US.
13239617, Today, I saw an old white pimp in Hoboken NJ
Posted by Cam, Sun Mar-04-18 01:48 AM
I was there--for something else--amongst the #ffffff masses participating in that early St. Pat's Day bar crawl they have.
Homeboy was spitting all the game, with the most silvered tongued vernacular, to the pride of Hoboken--while a gaggle of Hoboken Police stood by, next to me.
Those drunk pre-st.pat's lady revelers were captivated.
13239621, it's crazy
Posted by Crash Bandacoot, Sun Mar-04-18 05:53 AM
part of the dysfunction