Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2774298

Subject: "Dan Snyder vs the NFL : it starts " Previous topic | Next topic
Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18387 posts
Tue Oct-18-22 09:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Dan Snyder vs the NFL : it starts "

At long last, it would appear the league is gradually preparing itself to make a move on Dan Snyder, the most vile being in American professional sports.

This is going to be a long and ugly war. But the NFL has recently signaled its willingness to fight publicly.

I want to keep a running timeline of the conflict for two reasons - 1) there’s going to be many twists and turns in the coming months and 2) so we have a placeholder in case Snyder really does fall. The former is a given, the latter remains a dream - one that if it comes true will yield a stream of tears from my eyelids.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Thurs 10/13 : Al Michaels puts Snyder in the crosshairs
Oct 18th 2022
Tues 10/18: Colts owner Jim Irsay makes the NFL’s intentions known
Oct 18th 2022
I just saw the video of this, this morning....
Oct 19th 2022
With no dog in the fight, I just hope it gets really ugly.
Oct 18th 2022
Same, but not really for entertainment purposes
Oct 19th 2022
I'm here for all of this
Oct 19th 2022
I'm here for any and all Dan Snyder slander.
Oct 19th 2022
RE: Dan Snyder vs the NFL : it starts
Oct 19th 2022
Tues 11/2: Snyder hires BOA to help him sell the team (!!!)
Nov 02nd 2022
RE: Tues 11/2: Snyder hires BOA to help him sell the team (!!!)
Nov 02nd 2022
      I think he sells it wholesale. No one will partner with him.
Nov 02nd 2022
hallelujah
Nov 03rd 2022
It is Finished
Apr 13th 2023
Congrats bro
Apr 14th 2023
6 bill.. insane.
Apr 14th 2023
it aint about SB’s people
Apr 18th 2023

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Tue Oct-18-22 09:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Thurs 10/13 : Al Michaels puts Snyder in the crosshairs "
In response to Reply # 0

On TNF , Al Michaels states on camera that the league would prefer Snyder sell. Snyder is shown ON CAMERA while Michaels says this. It’s a brazen move, one that Michaels was surely instructed by someone in the league to make. The war is still cold but this , to me, will be remembered as the first official signal of the league’s intent to take down Daniel Snyder.

Michaels statement being so publicly humiliating tells me that the league is not intimidated by Snyder or the ensuing conflict to come.

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Tue Oct-18-22 09:59 PM

2. "Tues 10/18: Colts owner Jim Irsay makes the NFL’s intentions known"
In response to Reply # 0

Standing front and center at an ad-Hoc press conference in the lobby of the hotel where league meetings are being held Colts owner Jim Irsay makes it known - if the workplace allegations are as bad as the league suspects, the owners are ready to start rallying 24 majority votes to oust Snyder.

The NFL is awaiting the findings of an independent investigation they’ve commissioned but from the sound of Irsay it seems they’ve heard parts of the study already and have started making their minds up

There’s a strategic genius in putting Irsay out there. He’s an AFC owner, so Snyder can’t say there’s some competitive chicanery at play. Even better, Irsay is in recovery and his struggles with substance abuse have been known , so him being the mouthpiece tells me the league (and Irsay) don’t fear any dirty retaliatory tactics Snyder may attempt. Irsay is already an open book, the fuck’s a Dan Snyder? Brilliant.

In closing Irsay says the vote to remove Snyder could come at the next owners meeting in March but is noncommittal on when exactly a vote will happen. Translation: we can do this the easy way - you sell, or the hard way - we vote you out, but either way the clock’s ticking on Daniel Snyder.

Dstl1
Charter member
56230 posts
Wed Oct-19-22 01:00 PM

7. "I just saw the video of this, this morning...."
In response to Reply # 2

Irsay stood so tall and said this with his whole chest. Hilarious.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Buck
Member since Feb 15th 2005
16160 posts
Tue Oct-18-22 10:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "With no dog in the fight, I just hope it gets really ugly."
In response to Reply # 0

For selfish entertainment purposes.

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12493 posts
Wed Oct-19-22 07:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Same, but not really for entertainment purposes"
In response to Reply # 3

>For selfish entertainment purposes.

I hope Snyder goes down obviously, but also, if some dirt comes out about other owners and league personnel, that’s a good thing too!

The ugly part (that I wish we could avoid) is now it looks like Snyder is pulling out all the stops to smear his accusers, despite their anonymity being “guaranteed” during the investigation. People only came forward because they were assured there wouldn’t be retaliation. It sucks.

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Wed Oct-19-22 10:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "I'm here for all of this"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sofian_Hadi
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
5628 posts
Wed Oct-19-22 12:23 PM

6. "I'm here for any and all Dan Snyder slander. "
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------------

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." - James Baldwin

jimaveli
Charter member
6614 posts
Wed Oct-19-22 03:30 PM

8. "RE: Dan Snyder vs the NFL : it starts "
In response to Reply # 0

>
>At long last, it would appear the league is gradually
>preparing itself to make a move on Dan Snyder, the most vile
>being in American professional sports.
>
>This is going to be a long and ugly war. But the NFL has
>recently signaled its willingness to fight publicly.
>
>I want to keep a running timeline of the conflict for two
>reasons - 1) there’s going to be many twists and turns in
>the coming months and 2) so we have a placeholder in case
>Snyder really does fall. The former is a given, the latter
>remains a dream - one that if it comes true will yield a
>stream of tears from my eyelids.

I wish it was simple: Dan Snyder is a mark ass trick in general, a bad owner specifically, and he has a catalog of other silly and horrible shit too. So, get his azz outta there Donald Sterling style. Here's your money. Give us that team. Pay this fine. Banned foe life. Go away. Hush. Don't show up on Fox or wherever those types get banished to now. Just gone from sight and hopefully on a boat somewhere like Logan Roy would be with someone way better looking than him.

But c'mon now..that's not gonna happen, right?

The NFL has to know this shall be quite ugly.

Also, the general public and the 'bad shit lovers' on Twitter are going expend wild energy to act shocked to find out with more detail what absurdities have been going on in the background the whole time with the NFL...even just in the last 20-ish years that Dan has had Washington. And then what? More 'boycotts'? More people going even further into the whole internetty 'Not only am I going around like a peacock announcing that I'm not watching it! I'm going to browbeat you for continuing to watch it! How dare you after all we know!?' thing.

Just think:

What did Atlanta know about Vick's dog situations and when? How many cover-ups have the Cowboys completed even if you exclude the player-related ones? Just how bad were the last years of Al Davis? Cleveland Browns? Miami Dolphins? Colts? Ravens? Can you imagine what kind of outrageous stories exist for the Lions? The Packers? Bengals? THE DAMN PATRIOTS!?

How much of this getting out could be bad for the NFL? How obvious will it be that racial shenanigans have been on-hand for the whole time?

Sexual misconduct? How many 'beyond Watson' situations got paid off to disappear? Does anyone really want more details on how ridiculous things were at NFL network?

Even if you want to scale it down and talk about what a joke the injury reports are..where there's straight up and down injured dudes not having the injuries reported with anything resembling accuracy..especially at QB?

Can you imagine? Do you really want to know? And once you 'know' cuz you hear 18 varying stories that scream out 'the people who run this league are very clearly not great earthlings', then what?

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Wed Nov-02-22 10:33 AM

9. "Tues 11/2: Snyder hires BOA to help him sell the team (!!!)"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2022/11/02/dan-snyder-hires-bank-of-america-to-sell-washington-commanders/?sh=52facb476479

obviously the league has got him. Whatever the smoking gun is, the NFL has it - and more, I have to think they have the votes to oust him too.

I'm in shock.

jimaveli
Charter member
6614 posts
Wed Nov-02-22 10:41 AM

10. "RE: Tues 11/2: Snyder hires BOA to help him sell the team (!!!)"
In response to Reply # 9

>https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2022/11/02/dan-snyder-hires-bank-of-america-to-sell-washington-commanders/?sh=52facb476479
>
>
>obviously the league has got him. Whatever the smoking gun is,
>the NFL has it - and more, I have to think they have the votes
>to oust him too.
>
>I'm in shock.

Interesting!

I wonder if he's all the way out or if he's gonna try to give it up in bits and pieces over several years until he's finally and actually out.

And really, I wonder if it is more lucrative to string it along than it is to jump all the way out all at once and get a lump sum.

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Wed Nov-02-22 10:44 AM

11. "I think he sells it wholesale. No one will partner with him. "
In response to Reply # 10

He's persona non grata - he can't get anyone here in DC to make a deal with him on a stadium, who's gonna buy a chunk of the team from him? I think he has to sell the whole thing outright.

Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10119 posts
Thu Nov-03-22 11:11 PM

12. "hallelujah"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Nov-03-22 11:15 PM by Crash Bandacoot

Tiger Woods
18387 posts
Thu Apr-13-23 02:59 PM

13. "It is Finished"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36179625/sources-snyders-deal-sell-washington-commanders

it's 88 degrees , blue skies, sun shining in DC

our long local nightmare is over

dillinjah
Charter member
9029 posts
Fri Apr-14-23 03:19 PM

15. "Congrats bro"
In response to Reply # 13

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79604 posts
Fri Apr-14-23 02:35 PM

14. "6 bill.. insane. "
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79604 posts
Tue Apr-18-23 03:47 PM

16. "it aint about SB’s people"
In response to Reply # 14

When I hear fans talk about who has rings, who made SB’s and how players shouldn’t get paid because they wont win a SB I laugh..

these franchises are making ridiculous money. SB’s are for the fans.. but these players, they out here risking it all for as much as they can get in 3 to
5 years (average length of football career).

The goal is to try and make the playoffs for a chance at a SB.

6 Billion for a franchise that was been run into the ground by its owner.

6 fucking BILLION!!!

and people say RB’s who touch the rock 20 times a game shouldn’t get paid.. fucking terrible.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2774298 Previous topic | Next topic