Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2774218

Subject: "a book about Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf published by Colin Kaepernick" Previous topic | Next topic
Numba_33
Charter member
19332 posts
Tue Oct-18-22 07:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"a book about Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf published by Colin Kaepernick"

I just heard about this yesterday as I was browsing the Internets. Figured I'd share the news here since I'm sure folks here remember how Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf was pretty much blackballed from the league in the 90's.

I ordered a book yesterday. I hope it's written well, especially since Kaepernick is publishing it.

Here's a link with more info about the book:

https://www.kaepernickpublishing.com/news/mahmoud-abdul-rauf-to-release-autobiography-with-kaepernick-publishing-on-october-18-2022

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Didn't know he was from Gulfport, MS
Oct 18th 2022
Dope. I'll def check this out.
Oct 18th 2022
Good brother.
Oct 26th 2022
man, I loved watching him at LSU
Oct 26th 2022
My copy was delivered today.
Oct 27th 2022
he was on LeBatard today....
Nov 03rd 2022

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36966 posts
Tue Oct-18-22 09:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Didn't know he was from Gulfport, MS"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Oct-18-22 09:36 AM by LeroyBumpkin

Really interested in hearing his story.

https://digife.com

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Tue Oct-18-22 10:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Dope. I'll def check this out."
In response to Reply # 0

I was too young to fully under the Abdul-Rauf situation in the 90s but was recently reminded of him and kept meaning to refresh my memory/learn exactly what transpired. And obviously it makes perfect sense that Kaep would be the messenger for this story.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

IsaIsaIsa
Member since May 01st 2008
5862 posts
Wed Oct-26-22 04:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Good brother."
In response to Reply # 0

http://art-------school.com/

https://ibb.co/k4m6n8C

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Wed Oct-26-22 06:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "man, I loved watching him at LSU"
In response to Reply # 0

he didn’t give a fuck, would pull up from anywhere.

I think he played with Shaq and another big ass tower.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Numba_33
Charter member
19332 posts
Thu Oct-27-22 02:50 PM

5. "My copy was delivered today."
In response to Reply # 0

Pretty cool to see the Kaepernick Publishing logo on the sleeve of the book.

I should have mentioned this was an autobiography in the initial post instead of it just being a general book about Abdul-Rauf.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Thu Nov-03-22 03:34 PM

6. "he was on LeBatard today...."
In response to Reply # 0

great hearing his voice. I had NEVER heard the actual story of how the whole American flag thing went down. He also shared some insight into hour Tourettes has affected him, throughout his life. Dude said if he was dribbling to the court to go practice and he did anything that he didn't feel was perfect...he would go back and start over. He said he would practice til he was at the point of exhaustion because EVERY SINGLE MOVEMENT had to be perfect. Really chill, really articulate...absolutely copping the book.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2774218 Previous topic | Next topic