Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2772947

Subject: "Judgey should be the MVP especially if he wins the Triple Crown" Previous topic | Next topic
ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43352 posts
Fri Sep-30-22 10:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Judgey should be the MVP especially if he wins the Triple Crown"

I love what Ohtani is doing and I know he is a unicorn that we haven't seen since Babe Ruth or 2021-2022 Ohtani, but he needs to put up MVP or Cy Young numbers to win the MVP award. As a hitter he only was leading in nothing and his HR count is down this season. As a pitcher he leads in nothing. Let's be honest on any other staff than the Angels he would be a 2-3-4 pitcher on a staff. His WHIP of 1.03 has him tied with 4 others at 14th. What he is doing is amazing but for him to have the MVP on lock he needs to be more of an elite hitter or pitcher. He isn't. He is as good as Manoah who might be an ace.

Judgey is hands down the best hitter in the entire league this year and 30years old. He's right there for the Triple Crown and leads in many other categories.

Avg .314 (1st)
Runs 130 (1st)
Hits 174 (4th)
HR 61(1st)
RBI 130 (1st)
OBP .427 (1st)
SLG .695 (1st)
OPS 1.122 (1st)

Sorry not even being bias, I would probably be more bias for Ohtani because he's asian and would be the first repeat Asian MVP but he just doesn't deserve it over Judgey.Story wise sure, stat wise it's not even close.

p.s. this is just for shits I’m okay with judge winning it too. He’s basically lapping the field of hitters.

As I said in another post though, this season Ohtani is even better than last season, and it’s easy to just assume this is what Shohei does- and this you don’t want to hand him an MVP every year. Cause if this season by Judge can’t beat out Ohtani’s last two season, WTF does?

With that said, nothing is promised and Ohtani could not repeat this next year, get hurt, or something else.

This season- especially the pitching dominance over the second half and becoming a “ True Ace”, top 10 starter in the MLB is magical.

I’ve been Raving about his “stuff” and how he’s mixed in and experimented with pitches all season. I haven’t really seen anyone do that before at this level and variety.

This clip covers some of it if you really want to nerd out:
https://youtu.be/2UTpfUepbr8

So yea, I’m fine with Judge winning MVP, but what is hilarious is how FURIOUS Yankees fans get if you say Ohtani deserves it.

If they were just like this is a tight race or Judge deserves it this year, but Ohtani is the most talented baseball player in the world, I’d take it.

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Ohtani is ridiculous but I’m big on team records when it comes to…
Oct 01st 2022
The baseball one is generally different
Oct 01st 2022
...and yet it will still be a testament to Ohtani's greatness...
Oct 01st 2022
RE: ...and yet it will still be a testament to Ohtani's greatness...
Oct 01st 2022

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Sat Oct-01-22 05:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Ohtani is ridiculous but I’m big on team records when it comes to…"
In response to Reply # 0

awards like MVP

ShawndmeSlanted
43352 posts
Sat Oct-01-22 09:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "The baseball one is generally different"
In response to Reply # 1

In the NBA and NFL team record matters a lot more in debates.

I do think that in this case, it’s fine to use it since it’s a tough choice. It feels like the next best tiebreaker if you are undecided.

---

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Sat Oct-01-22 07:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "...and yet it will still be a testament to Ohtani's greatness..."
In response to Reply # 0

I agree, Judge should win MVP, especially if he does sew up the triple crown
Also agree that team success matters

But if he wins the triple crown, it will only be the 2nd time in our lifetime it's been accomplished

Outside of a similar feat, might as well pencil in Ohtani for MVP every year.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

ShawndmeSlanted
43352 posts
Sat Oct-01-22 09:09 AM

4. "RE: ...and yet it will still be a testament to Ohtani's greatness..."
In response to Reply # 2

>Outside of a similar feat, might as well pencil in Ohtani for
>MVP every year.

I think there’s a danger in this thinking— both from an MVP voter/winner fatigue perspective (see Jordan, Michael) and from the perspective of assuming this is easily repeatable - even for Shohei. We saw the injury plagued early years. He’s playing in A LOT of games with very few days off. (Yea I get he’s not playing the field), but a couple small injuries here and there will definitely derail the type of season he’s been able to have the last two years

---

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2772947 Previous topic | Next topic