Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2771970

Subject: "I own ALL the Josh Allen stock" Previous topic | Next topic
fif
Member since Feb 23rd 2004
1998 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 02:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I own ALL the Josh Allen stock"

If anyone cares. Although it's a bit like living next to Steve Jobs when he was running Apple out of his garage. I watch every Bills game--I had a lot more opportunities to smell the truth.

So feel free to go ahead and admit you were wrong.

I don't post much here, but I've been telling people Josh is for real since week 3 of his rookie year. My cousin was heated we didn't draft Rosen...he came around by the end of year 1. Yall have been a lot slower.

From his rookie year:

Nov 30, 2018. After 6 career starts:

fif: "curious if you've similarly revised"
"your evaluation of josh allen. i think he's for real. a worthy successor of jimbo, finally. dude is a winner. effortless cannon while under pressure. smart fast runner. and the dude is fucking huge. he makes rosen look like a noodlearmed boy.”

will_5198: "nah, hell no on Allen"
“he needs to go on a multi-season tear before I recant that ”

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2680110&mesg_id=2680110&listing_type=search#2680410

Dec 18, 2018. After 9 career starts:

fif: "Josh Allen > Cam"

tully_blanchard: "Cut that out"

https://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2682147&mesg_id=2682147&listing_type=search#2682157

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
was ready to be like FOH but you had the receipts. Well done.
Sep 13th 2022
me too lol
Sep 13th 2022
yes, im biased obviously
Sep 13th 2022
I know right…I was like get your late ass outta here.
Sep 13th 2022
Bro brought ALL THE RECEIPTS. Lol. *golf clap*
Sep 13th 2022
if he was a regular poster it would be a thing but a semi-lurker with...
Sep 13th 2022
      hope you get to 100k soon
Sep 13th 2022
           hi FILF
Sep 13th 2022
                RE: hi FILF
Sep 13th 2022
                     okayplayer. n/m
Sep 13th 2022
                     Lol he’s accused all of us of being aliases at some point nm
Sep 14th 2022
congrats
Sep 13th 2022
you owned it a couple years back
Sep 13th 2022
      Ringer had an interesting read about QB development last year
Sep 14th 2022
           its also interesting that his rushing numbers have steadily increased...
Sep 14th 2022
           dude I read this at the time and thought it really enlightening
Sep 14th 2022
                what happened with Carson Wentz?
Sep 14th 2022
                     it's a great mystery for sure
Sep 14th 2022
he’s def much better than I expected..
Sep 13th 2022
Bills are a must watch team because of him
Sep 14th 2022
348 yard and 4tds
Oct 10th 2022

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18386 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 02:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "was ready to be like FOH but you had the receipts. Well done."
In response to Reply # 0

he's on the short list of NFLers who I feel has NBA superstar "it" - I'm not missing Allen or Mahomes on national TV the same way I'm not missing Ja, or Steph, or Giannis.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 02:46 PM

3. "me too lol"
In response to Reply # 1

fif
1998 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 02:46 PM

4. "yes, im biased obviously"
In response to Reply # 1

but who is more fun to watch than Josh? He has the Favre/Vick element of anything can happen on any play. Like this 3rd & 10 escape artistry to shovel pass to Diggs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYsqSpRUB8U (I thought he may have broken his elbow on this play)

Mahomes and Lamar are up there in terms of sheer entertainment value.

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 08:38 PM

13. "I know right…I was like get your late ass outta here."
In response to Reply # 1

I was about to go in.

ALL HAIL THE KING of LOSING: LEBRON
Bulls | Bears | White Sox | Yankees | Notre Dame | Illinois | Chelsea | Real Madrid

Sofian_Hadi
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
5628 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 02:45 PM

2. "Bro brought ALL THE RECEIPTS. Lol. *golf clap*"
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------------

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." - James Baldwin

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 02:52 PM

5. "if he was a regular poster it would be a thing but a semi-lurker with..."
In response to Reply # 2

1500 posts in 18yrs might as well be an alias

fif
1998 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 02:53 PM

6. "hope you get to 100k soon"
In response to Reply # 5

keep pushing bro

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 03:34 PM

8. "hi FILF"
In response to Reply # 6

fif
1998 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 03:58 PM

10. "RE: hi FILF"
In response to Reply # 8

im not an alias but i love to see you with your okp detective hat on. on some russell crowe, a beautiful mind. letters flickering through your mind's eye, baby drowning in the bathtub. aha! i have tha truth! this alias has subtracted has subtracted an L from his name, it is the long lost FILF!

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 06:35 PM

12. "okayplayer. n/m"
In response to Reply # 10

guru0509
Charter member
45356 posts
Wed Sep-14-22 06:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
20. "Lol he’s accused all of us of being aliases at some point nm"
In response to Reply # 10

>im not an alias but i love to see you with your okp detective
>hat on. on some russell crowe, a beautiful mind. letters
>flickering through your mind's eye, baby drowning in the
>bathtub. aha! i have tha truth! this alias has subtracted has
>subtracted an L from his name, it is the long lost FILF!

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

will_5198
Charter member
63108 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 03:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "congrats"
In response to Reply # 0

I remember all this and even saying he was shocking the hell out of me in the original NFL draft thread, two years ago

I hated him in college so another QB I was dead wrong about

definitely take credit, since everyone else is saying "I always wanted us to draft Josh Allen in 2018" -- lies and more lies

--------

fif
1998 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 03:37 PM

9. "you owned it a couple years back"
In response to Reply # 7

so we're cool. an interesting thing I heard Josh touch on recently was that because he didn't high school shop, went to juco, went to wyoming he has played with leaky unreliable offensive lines from very early on. so out of necessity he had to step up and around free rushers to find space to throw from. he has a great feel for it. hard to coach that. chaotic environments can be great teachers if they don't sink you, i guess.

that may be the contrasting thing i notice most when i watch other qbs. i'll watch a guy like burrow or carr step up through the rush and get tripped up from behind or crumple knocking into blockers and think "no way josh is going down from that".

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Wed Sep-14-22 03:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "Ringer had an interesting read about QB development last year"
In response to Reply # 9

That came up again in my circles after this weekend's performance

https://www.theringer.com/2021/4/28/22406266/quarterback-development-nfl-draft-josh-allen-buffalo-bills

It veers in a few different directions but Allen is the anchor they always come back to and I found it pretty fascinating, reading it for the first time this weekend, how confused so many experts (coaches, former QBs and former QBs who now coach) are by this kid's development. Like this bit:

"Allen finished second in NFL MVP voting behind Aaron Rodgers. The Buffalo QB also became the first player in NFL history to have 4,500 passing yards, 35 passing touchdowns, and five rushing touchdowns in a single season. This new level of play was a direct result of Allen’s improvements in decision-making and accuracy. In 2018 and 2019, Allen ranked dead last in completion percentage; in 2020, he rose all the way to fourth. His jump from completing 53 percent of his passes in 2018 to 69 percent was the largest two-year increase in NFL history."

I didn't and don't have any investment in his career arc either way but as a casual it's a entertaining to me how this position seems to have evolved from a guy like Brady having all of the mechanics but none of the physical tools proving everyone wrong in 2001 only for Josh Allen to come in with all of the physical tools and none of the mechanics and quickly become one of the league's most fascinating QBs.

Then again, as the article I linked before wraps up: "'A lot of guys come in with his profile,' (Mike) Renner (lead draft analyst at Pro Football Focus, who earlier in the article points to Christian Hackenberg and Drew Lock as similar projects) says. “Not a lot of guys have turned into Josh Allen.'"

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Sep-14-22 07:46 AM

15. "its also interesting that his rushing numbers have steadily increased..."
In response to Reply # 14

I wonder will he adjust at some point or will that eventually take a toll like it has with other QB's

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Wed Sep-14-22 09:09 AM

16. "dude I read this at the time and thought it really enlightening"
In response to Reply # 14

what a novel concep: draft a prospect with conviction and have a ready-made plan to develop the prospect

The Bills took Allen knowing exactly how they wanted to bring him along and what their long term vision was for him. Makes you realize how few teams are actually drafting this way. It's a very NBA approach to drafting and player development. The only other obvious comparison right now to Allen is literally just Mahomes, and in turn it makes you feel for guys like Trevor Lawrence and Tua. Even Burrow I don't think is a radically different player than he was at LSU in the championship year.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Sep-14-22 10:16 AM

17. "what happened with Carson Wentz?"
In response to Reply # 16

>what a novel concep: draft a prospect with conviction and
>have a ready-made plan to develop the prospect
>
>The Bills took Allen knowing exactly how they wanted to bring
>him along and what their long term vision was for him. Makes
>you realize how few teams are actually drafting this way. It's
>a very NBA approach to drafting and player development. The
>only other obvious comparison right now to Allen is literally
>just Mahomes, and in turn it makes you feel for guys like
>Trevor Lawrence and Tua. Even Burrow I don't think is a
>radically different player than he was at LSU in the
>championship year.

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Wed Sep-14-22 11:12 AM

19. "it's a great mystery for sure"
In response to Reply # 17

I think those Eagles clubs had a lot of turmoil and he was largely made a scapegoat for some deeply-rooted institutional issues. And that's not to let Wentz off the hook either...it sounds like he was a really immature personality in Philly too.

As for Indianapolis? Who knows. That team was pretty good. He had a really bad game at the very worst time and it turned the team off so much that they vowed to replace him. I found that curious.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79594 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 05:59 PM

11. "he’s def much better than I expected.. "
In response to Reply # 0

but he still isn’t better than Mahommes, lol.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Wed Sep-14-22 10:19 AM

18. "Bills are a must watch team because of him"
In response to Reply # 0

My Sunday ticket subscription is basically to just watch Allen in out of market games lol

fif
1998 posts
Mon Oct-10-22 02:26 AM

21. "348 yard and 4tds"
In response to Reply # 0

In the first half and those who know know he wasn't entirely dialed. Josh played alright.

Kenny Pickett has an unfortunate name for a qb. He rolled out at one point and I was yelling "pick it, pick it". Nominative determinism can be a bitch.

Diggs styling with the double high step hesi was lovely. I had family fly in for the game. They were entertained.

Pickett will be decent. There's a ceiling but he'll be one of the best 32 for a while. He won't be better than large Ben.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2771970 Previous topic | Next topic