Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2771588

Subject: "Inaugural Washington Commanders Season Post" Previous topic | Next topic
WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17895 posts
Thu Sep-08-22 01:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Inaugural Washington Commanders Season Post"

We still have a fanbase here?

No one's picking us to do jack this year.

No one's expecting jack out of Wentz.

No player on the team gets any love outside of DC on any "best of" position lists. (Yep, even McLaurin is ranked -relatively- low on WR lists)

The swag is new, the gear is mostly flavorless (except for a few hat designs i've seen on Fanatics) and what are people gonna call us for short?

Good year for establishing a lot.

LET'S GO MANDO'S!!!!!!!!!! (eh, i gave it a shot)
HTTC!

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
sigh
Sep 08th 2022
I stopped caring about this team
Sep 09th 2022
these dudes doing dancing splits
Sep 09th 2022
Week 1: vs Jaguars - W
Sep 11th 2022
Week 1 Impressions
Sep 12th 2022
there's 3 receivers who would start on every team in the NFL
Sep 12th 2022
That secondary is still mighty suspect
Sep 13th 2022
The D is trash.
Sep 19th 2022
there's not one player to be concerned with on the defense
Sep 19th 2022
uugghhhhhhhhhhhh
Sep 26th 2022
I had this game as an 'L' on the schedule, but not like this...
Sep 26th 2022
offensive gameplan was dreadful and worse yet didnt adjust
Sep 26th 2022
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Nov 14th 2022
Allen, Payne, St.Juste, Forrest were all out of body
Nov 14th 2022
Well, GB was his team growing up, so that checks out
Nov 15th 2022
      I think he’s just thinking “get it to Terry”
Nov 15th 2022
Just keep rollin' w/ the Green Lizard
Nov 15th 2022
I’m in this lane
Nov 15th 2022
      The Jets would be better w/ him than Zack Wilson
Nov 16th 2022
I laugh whenever I see Heinicke starting an NFL game...
Nov 15th 2022
      But he's plucky!!!!!
Nov 16th 2022
W, again
Nov 27th 2022
so...the Sean Taylor Memorial...
Nov 28th 2022
I think it looks like shit, but his family loved it apparently
Nov 28th 2022
Absolute Fail.
Nov 30th 2022
Taylor Heinicke is my guy!
Nov 28th 2022
He's plucky, for sure. But good? I mean....
Nov 28th 2022
      yeah he's just one of those guys that finds a way
Nov 28th 2022
           I don't think he's better than Wentz, but I don't think he's worse
Nov 29th 2022
                nah. he's better, LOL.
Nov 29th 2022
                     We need more scoring, but we can’t make a QB change right now
Nov 30th 2022
on the worst pitch n the NFL we played to a draw , hope all are fit in 2...
Dec 05th 2022
Ugh. It's like kissing your sister
Dec 05th 2022
offensive playcalling is freaking infuriating.
Dec 05th 2022
Ouch.
Dec 19th 2022

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18386 posts
Thu Sep-08-22 02:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "sigh"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Sep-08-22 02:10 PM by Tiger Woods

I haven't been so apathetic in my whole life. I hate the name, hate the owner of course, am uninspired by the uniforms, and bearish on the roster overall (especially the quarterback).

Linebackers were a glaring weakness last year but went unaddressed in the offseason.

I know Jamin Davis is a bust. I *think* Chase Young may be a bust too.

I think McLaurin is both excellent and overrated at the same time, but he deserves all of the kudos in the world for having done what he's done with guys like Case Keenum, Alex Smith, and Dwayne Haskins.

If I'm excited about anyone it's Jahan Dotson. I was really hype about Brian Robinson coming along in training camp too but that's been put on hold.

It's a dumpster fire. I think this is the year Rivera's wheels come off off and the team goes about 6-11. Season kicks off with the Jags at home on Sunday and I'd bet there's fewer than 12,000 people there at kickoff.

I hate to sound so miserable. But it IS miserable.

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Fri Sep-09-22 11:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I stopped caring about this team"
In response to Reply # 0

And refuse to support them until Danny is gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79585 posts
Fri Sep-09-22 02:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "these dudes doing dancing splits "
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/Krabs_Bets/status/1556392475723534338?s=20&t=-g7ZGqGVBHahXO4jcofERw

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Sun Sep-11-22 08:30 PM

4. "Week 1: vs Jaguars - W"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Sep-11-22 08:30 PM by Tiger Woods

That was a really fun win

Darrick Forrest and Daron Payne were exceptional

Jahan Dotson is the truth. He may be one of the better first round draft picks made in decades.

WarriorPoet415
17895 posts
Mon Sep-12-22 09:52 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Week 1 Impressions"
In response to Reply # 0

1. Wentz gonna Wentz. Looks like the type of qb where you have to give him the environment and tools to win, he's not gonna elevate everyone else.

((((((((((TYPICAL 1ST WEEK OVERREACTION AHEAD))))))))))

2. The receiver corp might be underated. Could possibly be one of the most dangerous in the league. They Deebo-ed Curtis Samuel and had him making impacts all over the field, Jahan is looking like DE TrooF (very obviously showing off that catch radius they raved about during the draft) and both of those things let Terry be Scary.

((((((((((END OF OVERRREACTION))))))))))

3. Keeping eyes on Darrick Forrest. I like what I saw Sunday. Diamond in the rough? Hmmmmm *rubs chin*

4. The D keeps collectively being meh. Just don't have a sense of them as a unit out there. Forrest, Payne and Allen gave great performances, but there's no presence of the D as a unit that you have to overcome. Plus the game should have been put away. We still can't stop people on the ground.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Mon Sep-12-22 10:36 AM

6. "there's 3 receivers who would start on every team in the NFL"
In response to Reply # 5

and they all complement each other so well

McLaurin is a physical freak
Samuel is a swiss army knife
Dotson seems as multifaceted a receiver as you'll find, ala Diggs

they're my big takeaway from yesterday

spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10982 posts
Tue Sep-13-22 12:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "That secondary is still mighty suspect"
In response to Reply # 0

Had Lawrence not overthrown so many passes the score would have been much different. A better QB will feast out there

Didn't care for the big run plays Jacksonville got away with either.

We got to see good Carson/bad Carson Sunday. Throws were still a little high at times, and back to back INTs were not good, but Heinicke wasn't gonna hit Terry in the end zone, so there's that.

Dunno. It's hard to care about this team, even after the 'rebranding'. They'll go 7-10 and be in the hunt for a wild card at some point. I've got PHI taking the division, as NY is still a mess and Dallas may be too far gone by time Dak comes back from injury. BUt a win is a win.

Managed to get to the game Sunday. May have been 70% capacity. Crowd did get loud when they were supposed to, so there's some sliver of passion somewhere. That said, the revised team song is gonna take a while to catch on. It did NOT go over with the crowd.

Let's go have a season!

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

WarriorPoet415
17895 posts
Mon Sep-19-22 10:07 AM

8. "The D is trash. "
In response to Reply # 0

Holcomb, Forrest, Payne and Allen are the only guys playing hard. And even they are sorta mid.

Secondary has been trash. They really need to let these guys know that if they can't perform, their spot is up for grabs.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Mon Sep-19-22 10:40 AM

9. "there's not one player to be concerned with on the defense"
In response to Reply # 8

that player is supposed to be Chase Young but I just have a bad feeling he's a bust

we should just throw 55 times a game and see what happens. The quarterback is average but the receiving corps is elite, so fuck it. Sling it. I love these pass catchers as much as I hate the linebackers.

WarriorPoet415
17895 posts
Mon Sep-26-22 07:45 AM

10. "uugghhhhhhhhhhhh"
In response to Reply # 0

ugghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wentz has apparently never seen a ball he couldn't overthrow too high.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

spenzalii
10982 posts
Mon Sep-26-22 12:07 PM

11. "I had this game as an 'L' on the schedule, but not like this..."
In response to Reply # 0

They can have a crappy secondary or a crappy O-Line, but not both at the same time. Wentz had the yipps and threw 5 yards past the target way too often but anybody would be skittish and off time if they get sacked 5 times in the first 15 minutes.

That said it could have been much, MUCH worse

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Mon Sep-26-22 01:15 PM

12. "offensive gameplan was dreadful and worse yet didnt adjust"
In response to Reply # 11

somehow Gibson was gashing them 5-6 yards a clip early, so naturally Turner kept chuckin it despite the leaky O-line

something I think about with these coaches often is - if it weren't for us, how many would be currently employed elsewhere in the league? Scott Turner would probably be an OC or QB coach somewhere, but I think we can safely assume Del Rio and Rivera would be out of football altogether if not for Washington.

WarriorPoet415
17895 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 11:11 PM

13. "HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Lol, I’ll take it.

Man sometimes I really can’t stand Heinicke. The fuck are you fist pumping for, when you were about to crumble on that play?

Anyways, that first half was some of the best ball they’ve played this season.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Mon Nov-14-22 11:26 PM

14. "Allen, Payne, St.Juste, Forrest were all out of body"
In response to Reply # 13

Easily the biggest win under Rivera

Thoroughly dominated the first half

And yea Heinicke is maddening. So Favreian

spenzalii
10982 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 11:28 AM

15. "Well, GB was his team growing up, so that checks out"
In response to Reply # 14

His decision making is getting a tick better, but it's still not great. And any throw over 20 yards is 60/40 getting picked. But he's plucky, I guess? At best he's no worse than Carson, I suppose. Not that that's a good thing

Robinson Jr. has a motor on him. Him and Gibson could be pretty lethal

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 01:14 PM

17. "I think he’s just thinking “get it to Terry”"
In response to Reply # 15

It’s not the dumbest thought , just a little too dangerous sometimes

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 01:02 PM

16. "Just keep rollin' w/ the Green Lizard"

He's short, doesn't have a strong arm, but he knows the playbook and has great chemistry with the receivers. They keep trying to replace him but he has outplayed all others.

Roll with him and spend money elsewhere.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 01:19 PM

18. "I’m in this lane "
In response to Reply # 16

For the time being just commit to Heinicke. He’s so much better than anything else we’ve had, and it seems the boys feed off of him.

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Wed Nov-16-22 10:54 AM

21. "The Jets would be better w/ him than Zack Wilson"
In response to Reply # 18

Sometimes dudes are just gamers. They don't have anything that jumps off the page but players just feed off of them.

It's like when I played baseball in college and coach would always come to me and say, "I have this recruit visiting. He's strong and fast...."

I'd always stop him and say, "Okay, but can he play?" I don't give a shit how big you are, how strong, etc... I have this same philosophy now coaching fast pitch softball. You can have the players with all the "metrics," I'll take the girls that can play.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Nov-15-22 01:40 PM

19. "I laugh whenever I see Heinicke starting an NFL game..."

because if the the last iteration of the XFL hadn't folded due to COVID Heinicke was set to be the starting QB of the St. Louis BattleHawks.

The league folded and he was finishing his degree at ODU and caught on with Washington's practice squad and the rest is history lol.

WarriorPoet415
17895 posts
Wed Nov-16-22 10:02 AM

20. "But he's plucky!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 19

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Sun Nov-27-22 04:29 PM

22. "W, again"
In response to Reply # 0

Kendal Fuller with the goal line pick in what is maybe the most improbable Washington football win I’ve ever witnessed

Dstl1
Charter member
56228 posts
Mon Nov-28-22 12:13 PM

23. "so...the Sean Taylor Memorial..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://sports.yahoo.com/sean-taylor-deserves-better-than-a-wire-mannequin-and-dan-snyders-repeated-abuse-of-his-legacy-212705187.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAKN7u1eudSdzPAUbScYRR6ogR_aUSC1aFSK_-MtOjcTRz6BdzMtYn_9l-XJg2-anqRWaSgFQAPFLIgz3bnwx7cRTjU0K9q5PB0giQNYH3dY74S3mg602JtXZR12CDlVse11uj_IrGb7trYoqB7P9jBWLAV-YE6CgIoxHXot27Cca

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Mon Nov-28-22 04:02 PM

25. "I think it looks like shit, but his family loved it apparently"
In response to Reply # 23

People who were there said 21's family loved it and was very emotional.
It looks tacky - like for example they have his reebok pants he wore but a Nike top that he didn't wear. But whatever. His family loved it so I just gotta shrug.

WarriorPoet415
17895 posts
Wed Nov-30-22 09:33 AM

31. "Absolute Fail. "
In response to Reply # 23

It's a Macy's window treatment. Nothing about it's design literally or figuratively speaks to the permanence of his legacy with the team.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

PROMO
Charter member
30966 posts
Mon Nov-28-22 12:19 PM

24. "Taylor Heinicke is my guy!"
In response to Reply # 0

not really a Commanders fan i just like that guy's "grittiness" or whatever.

spenzalii
10982 posts
Mon Nov-28-22 06:11 PM

26. "He's plucky, for sure. But good? I mean...."
In response to Reply # 24

I'm all for his grit, and love the fact the team rallies around him. But I'm not sure how high his ceiling is. Like, when he throws a pick it makes you wonder if he's ever played QB before because they are so blatantly bad. Like, who the hell are you throwing to? You really thought you had a cannon like that?

But the numbers speak for themselves. He's got the job done and they have W's. Ride the hot hand

PROMO
Charter member
30966 posts
Mon Nov-28-22 08:35 PM

27. "yeah he's just one of those guys that finds a way"
In response to Reply # 26

agree. wouldn't call him "good."

better than Wentz? FOR SURE.

gotta stick with him until they have a better option at QB.

spenzalii
10982 posts
Tue Nov-29-22 11:35 AM

28. "I don't think he's better than Wentz, but I don't think he's worse"
In response to Reply # 27

I think Wentz has a much higher ceiling that Taylor, but I don't know if he's ever gonna reach it. Factor in what he's being paid and sticking with the plucky guy who's getting it done is the right call.

PROMO
Charter member
30966 posts
Tue Nov-29-22 11:57 AM

29. "nah. he's better, LOL."
In response to Reply # 28

NOW? he's better.

whatever happened to Wentz he's TERRIBLE now.

he mighta been good for a year or two awhile back, but right today? NOPE.

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Wed Nov-30-22 08:03 AM

30. "We need more scoring, but we can’t make a QB change right now"
In response to Reply # 29

The kid just keeps winning. What he lacks in accuracy and arm he obviously makes up for in knowledge of the playbook and grit.

But we have three stud receivers and a very good tight end, only McLaurin has any rapport with Heinicke. And I can’t help but think if we have aspirations beyond “get the 7 seed”, we’re gonna need to lean on these weapons and score more.

To me the onus is on Scott Turner to get these weapons in areas they can win but where Taylor can make low-risk decisions at the same time.

Tiger Woods
18386 posts
Mon Dec-05-22 02:03 PM

32. "on the worst pitch n the NFL we played to a draw , hope all are fit in 2..."
In response to Reply # 0

That was the quintessential Heinicke game - head scratching for 3.5 quarters then gutsy as ever with the game on the line

Way too many mistakes , and especially suspect playcalling on offense in my opinion. O-line was incapable of protecting Taylor but we never adjusted to including more tight ends blocking. I just can’t figure out why we’d depart from the Eagles game game plan so drastically.

Chase Young is back after the bye, Giants have the Eagles between now and then. It’s there for us.

spenzalii
10982 posts
Mon Dec-05-22 02:33 PM

33. "Ugh. It's like kissing your sister"
In response to Reply # 32

My buddies and I argued over whether upgrading the secondary or the QB over the offseason. Games like this don't make the answer much easier. That said, I may be able to deal with another year of a backup QB if I know any pass the opponent's QB throws doesn't have the chance to go 40+ yards because the corners and safeties are beat.

They're still a few pieces away from not being frustrating, but they don't outright suck. I guess that's good for December?

WarriorPoet415
17895 posts
Mon Dec-05-22 03:02 PM

34. "offensive playcalling is freaking infuriating. "
In response to Reply # 32

They never call anything to get a playmakers in space, which is where Samuels and Dotson are the most effective.

Taylor still throws too many too tall passes.

Since they tied, what shoes is he buying the team this week? Sandals maybe?

The secondary can be heart attack inducing. It's like they don't talk to each other at all.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

WarriorPoet415
17895 posts
Mon Dec-19-22 10:35 AM

35. "Ouch. "
In response to Reply # 0

So yeah, there's a bogus illegal formation call. That was bad enough.

But when a DB is draped over our wideout, you gotta call that PI.

As always, it shouldn't have gotten to that point. Heinicke can't lose fumbles. At some point we gotta stop giving him this Johnny Appleseed folk hero benefit of the doubt.

On local sports talk, there's even talk of offering him like 3 years $70 million on the open market. Ugh. Look he does give everything he's got. But maybe that just ain't enough.

Can't help but wonder if we had Kirk and our three stud receivers would we be better off.

Speaking of which - Jahan Dotson is a man.

Oh, and coaching wise: how about we not ignore our best WR for basically a whole half of football? Every other team with a stud manages to get them involved, our coaching staff? Nah. Let's give Antonio Gibson five more carries and try another Samuels end around that'll get sniffed out an stuffed.

Blah.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2771588 Previous topic | Next topic