Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2759875

Subject: "Anyone into tennis? Just copped Roland Garros tickets !!" Previous topic | Next topic
Bambino Grande
Member since Mar 14th 2019
965 posts
Tue Mar-08-22 01:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Anyone into tennis? Just copped Roland Garros tickets !!"
Tue Mar-08-22 01:37 PM by Bambino Grande

Mind y'all I've never seen a proper tennis match live in my LIFE so I'm amped as shit, I've been hardcore into tennis for a year and a half and only ever watched the top dogs (or any dogs for that matter) online. Last year I was watching RG on my couch at home, this year I'll be in the stands ouffff..... No idea what to expect. I'll be there for the 4th round Monday (May 30th), as well as some of Tuesday and Wednesday.

Can't wait! Hopefully I'll get to see Carlos Alcaraz play (amongst others, Nadal would be DOPE of course, here's to hoping)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Not sure if you're local to the area..
Mar 08th 2022
Man I can't wait! I havent been to Paris since 2015
Mar 08th 2022
bon
Mar 08th 2022
jour
Mar 08th 2022

RagOnMe
Charter member
999 posts
Tue Mar-08-22 04:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Not sure if you're local to the area.."
In response to Reply # 0

(or if your travel plans are flexible) but, being it's your first time catching live tennis, if you can be there that 1st Monday (May 23rd I guess?), definitely try and do that. Being in the stadium to see Nadal is great and all (and you should do some of that too if the scheduling lines up for you), but that first day, when the entire field is still playing? there's like 12 matches going on at the same time, and you can hop around (and catch the ones going 5 sets)--and be sitting 18ft away from something like Mannarino vs Sonego (it's not the big names, but it's still professional level tennis)...get there at 1030am and daydrink all day hopping from court to court, good times.

Bambino Grande
Member since Mar 14th 2019
965 posts
Tue Mar-08-22 04:35 PM

4. "Man I can't wait! I havent been to Paris since 2015"
In response to Reply # 1

When I was still living in NY, I've gotten way more into wine since so I'm hoping I'll have some extra days to just eat and drink before or after my 3 days at the tournament.

Unfortunately no, my 3 days are midweek, that is - the Monday after the kickoff Monday...

I'd love to see Mannarino tho!

Hopefully I'll get to catch some practice sessions by some of the greats as well... Cant wait to daydrink and watch tennis, oh shit

RagOnMe
Charter member
999 posts

2. "bon"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Mar-08-22 04:09 PM by RagOnMe

RagOnMe
Charter member
999 posts

3. "jour"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Mar-08-22 04:09 PM by RagOnMe

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2759875 Previous topic | Next topic