Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2753036

Subject: "New York news media caping for THIBS...trade talks" Previous topic | Next topic
Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Wed Dec-15-21 05:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New York news media caping for THIBS...trade talks"

WHERE IS THE HOT SEAT FOR THIBS.

I see this shit:

https://sports.yahoo.com/deep-dive-latest-knicks-trade-190009684.html

and say:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/r83WAmU.gif

https://i.gifer.com/embedded/download/jS1.gif

Fizdale had a shit lineup, and y'all had his ticket punched.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/12/6/20999591/david-fizdale-fired-head-coach-new-york-knicks

"The Knicks are 4-18 this season, and 21-83 in less than two years under Fizdale. He did a bad job with a bad team, but the people who put him in that position remain behind and gainfully employed. This was the way it was always going to go down. Someone had to be the fall guy for this latest abject disaster of a season, and Knicks president Steve Mills and general manager Scott Perry made it pretty plain they wouldn’t be pointing fingers at themselves."

THIBS was given everything he asked for this season. He wanted Miles McBride. He wanted another point guard, he got an enthusiastic Kemba. He got Evan Fournier. Resigned Alec Burks. Allstar Jules, his main mule, got his dough.

And what does he do, run them into the ground just like he did his players in Minny and Chi.

And shit on Kemba.

Then when backed into a corner, plays his rookies and they are ready and willing.

But goes back to the 8 man rotation as soon as who he is comfortable with is 80% healthy....and we continue to lose.

The east is not the same. Cleveland and Washington have strong squads. The Bucks are healthy, Miami will be healthy in the spring, Atlanta is healthy, Chicago...well hopefully they all get through the Covid protocols and come out healthy...Boston is back to reasonable health. Charlotte is where Chi is, so they will be back...that is eight squads right there. Not even talking about Brooklyn.

Fuck talking about the players. THIBS either has to adjust, or pack his shit and get on the New Haven line and take his dusty ass back to New Britain.

------------------
One Hundred.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Who do you want to coach the Knicks instead of Thibs?
Dec 16th 2021
Mike Brown
Dec 16th 2021
      Mark Jackson
Dec 19th 2021
      Mike Brown's not an option.
Feb 01st 2023
McBride...12 minutes, 11 points, Knicks up by 6 at the half.
Dec 16th 2021
AND STILL I RISE (c) Dr. Maya Angelou
Feb 16th 2022
WHAT I SAID ON NOV 17, 2021
Mar 26th 2022
Thibs whining about social media after rookies stage 17 point comeback
Mar 26th 2022
Damn he shit on boxscore bobbys
Mar 26th 2022
the wild shit is he lying...these Knicks social media personalities
Mar 26th 2022
lmao
Mar 28th 2022
First Randle, or I guess technically Randle's wife
Mar 28th 2022
Toppin and Quickley growing into a solid young duo
Apr 11th 2022
There is no offense to speak of. There are 3-4 set plays they run
Apr 15th 2022
      It's seems as if he's a better assistant coach
Apr 15th 2022
           He ain't better than Mike Woodson....damn he was six coaches ago.
Apr 15th 2022
WHY ARE WE STILL SHOPPING AT DOLLAR GENERAL
Dec 04th 2022
6 in a row. Playing the youth, second unit getting real minutes = W.
Dec 16th 2022
How do you get outcoached by Darvin Ham!?!?!?!?
Feb 01st 2023
The front office dealing for Hart
Feb 14th 2023
talk about instant returns.
Feb 14th 2023
His three point shooting will eventually worsen
Feb 14th 2023
RE: His three point shooting will eventually worsen
Feb 14th 2023
He’s just one of those guys any contender needs
Mar 12th 2023
RE: what were you saying about the wheels?
Mar 12th 2023
      Based on Snapchat-based screen shots
Mar 16th 2023
Where are you on Thibs, Castro?
Apr 27th 2023

Numba_33
Charter member
19321 posts
Thu Dec-16-21 03:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Who do you want to coach the Knicks instead of Thibs?"
In response to Reply # 0

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Thu Dec-16-21 03:21 PM

2. "Mike Brown"
In response to Reply # 1

------------------
One Hundred.

guru0509
Charter member
45329 posts
Sun Dec-19-21 11:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Mark Jackson"
In response to Reply # 2

>

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Numba_33
Charter member
19321 posts
Wed Feb-01-23 10:28 AM

19. "Mike Brown's not an option."
In response to Reply # 2

Who do you want instead of Thibs at this point?

I've said it in another thread, but the minutes he plays the starters concerns me gravely. I wasn't onboard with criticizing him before, but I've gotten to the point I feel sorry for the starting unit.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Thu Dec-16-21 09:27 PM

3. "McBride...12 minutes, 11 points, Knicks up by 6 at the half."
In response to Reply # 0

Now imagine him, Grimes, Sims, and Obi running the second unit with Knox...

------------------
One Hundred.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Wed Feb-16-22 05:48 PM

5. "AND STILL I RISE (c) Dr. Maya Angelou"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Feb-16-22 05:55 PM by Castro

Boston streaking. Philly got Harden, kept Tobias, and Embiid is in beast mode.

Giannis is dropping 50 on fools and barely breaking a sweat.

Derozan is putting up 37 a game in the last two weeks.

Cleveland is back in the glory days.

Miami is quietly getting healthy and keeps winning.

Charlotte is hanging around. Atlanta is hanging around.

T-Dot is healthy and fitting their pieces together.

And the Mayor of NYC bout to let Ky Ky out the doghouse.

And Thibs still running ISO for Jules on the left block every time down court.

------------------
One Hundred.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Sat Mar-26-22 08:08 AM

6. "WHAT I SAID ON NOV 17, 2021"
In response to Reply # 0

he gonna blame everyone, including Spike for not cheering hard enough.

Won't play Toppin with Randle even though that combo has resulted in dynamite defense and offense.

Won't play the rookies, Kemba runs hot and cold, but you gotta keep him in the game when he is hot. D-Rose is tired, Noel is injured, Taj is overworked and Mitch is one fall away for being on IR, and Jericho Sims can't even take off his warmup jacket.

Fournier goes cold. Grimes sits. Knox sits. And McBride got assigned to Westchester.

January will roll around, injuries will hit. We'll be sitting around 10-11 spot in the east...and none of these cats, who will then be pressed into service to 'save' the season, will have any meaningful minutes under their belt. They will flail about, we'll make a final run in March/April, and probably fall short, because shit by then, everyone short of Orlando or Detroit will be battle tested and up to the task.

Fuck Thibs. Last year was lipstick on a trout.

------------------

------------------
One Hundred.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Sat Mar-26-22 08:15 AM

7. "Thibs whining about social media after rookies stage 17 point comeback"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Mar-26-22 08:17 AM by Castro

This is pathetic; if he had done a better job of working the youth into the rotation back in November, the Knicks would probably be sitting in the top 6 in the East, given what every other squad has endured. Now, he needs to push at the end of the season to keep his job, but the irony is that the very folks he kept glued to the bench are the fuel for this late-season surge, which further highlights the insanity of bringing him back next season. For whatever reason, he thinks Alec Burks is his new Reggie Bullock, but its clear when Deuce is in the game and can facilitate, the offense runs better and he is shutting down whomever he guards. Cry Thibs, your train is pulling into the station...IQ is a different beast when he is not standing waiting for Juls to pass him a desperation, five secs left on the shot clock pass. Jericho is proving to already be capable on defense and is keep possessions alive on the board and is catching lobs...they needed minutes, that's all.

Tom Thibodeau claps back at armchair critics who ‘eat away at the fabric of our team’

“You guys are trying to nitpick this, nitpick that,” Thibodeau said. “You need everyone across the course of a season. We love our young guys. They bring it every day. They’re supposed to bring energy. You need RJ, you need Julius, you need Mitch (Robinson), you need Evan (Fournier),you need Alec (Burks), you need everyone.

“It’s a team, not an individual thing. Can’t pick up a box score after and after say things. How many people are watching to the end of the game to really know exactly what happened in the game? I see a lot of opinions but I don’t see guys doing the work to actually study it.”

------------------
One Hundred.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59157 posts
Sat Mar-26-22 10:03 AM

8. "Damn he shit on boxscore bobbys"
In response to Reply # 7

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Sat Mar-26-22 11:58 AM

9. "the wild shit is he lying...these Knicks social media personalities"
In response to Reply # 8

get hella granular....its funny as hell that he spent time on it...somebody must be pointing out how they are pointing out when he fuck up rotations LOL

------------------
One Hundred.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Mar-28-22 09:25 AM

11. "lmao"
In response to Reply # 8

Numba_33
Charter member
19321 posts
Mon Mar-28-22 07:52 AM

10. "First Randle, or I guess technically Randle's wife"
In response to Reply # 7

and now Thibs. I don't understand why they'd want to look on social media when the Knicks are having a terrible year. Do they expect fans to be happy with what's on the court this season? Especially with how expectations were raised the prior year?

Doesn't make much sense to me, especially since Thibs has been around the block and should know how this works, especially given how much scrutiny the Knicks get due to playing in such a large media market?

Numba_33
Charter member
19321 posts
Mon Apr-11-22 10:27 AM

12. "Toppin and Quickley growing into a solid young duo"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Apr-11-22 10:38 AM by Numba_33

Going to be interesting to see what Thibs will do with them next season in the rotation.

Crying shame how he's been misusing Burks this season. Hurting both Burks individually, Quickley individually since he's gotten less time to grow into the point guard role, and the team as a well.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Fri Apr-15-22 11:25 AM

13. "There is no offense to speak of. There are 3-4 set plays they run"
In response to Reply # 12

everyone (other teams) knows the sets....that is why Randle ended up having a shitty year. He gets new looks when he gets the ball...zero adjustments. So he just starts jacking shots, and Thibs lets him because he doesn't have anything to introduce that could get him better looks.

Notice when Juls was out, what is Burks doing, or RJ? Running the same fucking ISO.

I don't want to hear about the defensive schemes.

I don't want to hear about next year.

I don't want to hear about who did what this year.

I want to hear about who is going to coach the Knicks next, because this bum has to go.

------------------
One Hundred.

Numba_33
Charter member
19321 posts
Fri Apr-15-22 12:10 PM

14. "It's seems as if he's a better assistant coach"
In response to Reply # 13

than being a head coach, at least in terms of his inability to making adjustments. He's definitely an improvement in terms of the past 5 or so coaches the Knicks have had, but I don't feel comfortable having him coach for the long term, especially in terms of him developing the young core on the roster.

Problem is, I don't have a solid clue who the right man for the job is. Lazily, I would say Jeff Van Gundy might be the man for the job, but I doubt he wants to stress that would come with coaching the Knicks. Plus I think he is friends with Thibs, so I don't know if he'd want to take his coaching spot like that.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Fri Apr-15-22 03:22 PM

15. "He ain't better than Mike Woodson....damn he was six coaches ago."
In response to Reply # 14

SMH.

------------------
One Hundred.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Sun Dec-04-22 10:16 AM

16. "WHY ARE WE STILL SHOPPING AT DOLLAR GENERAL"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------
One Hundred.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Fri Dec-16-22 10:18 PM

17. "6 in a row. Playing the youth, second unit getting real minutes = W."
In response to Reply # 0

Randle playing like he's accountable (most of the time).

------------------
One Hundred.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Wed Feb-01-23 10:19 AM

18. "How do you get outcoached by Darvin Ham!?!?!?!?"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------
One Hundred.

Numba_33
Charter member
19321 posts
Tue Feb-14-23 09:12 AM

20. "The front office dealing for Hart"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Feb-14-23 09:38 AM by Numba_33

a guy Thibs appears to have coveted for quite some time now indicates to me that Thibs will be here to say, baring the wheels completely falling off and the front office firing Thibs to save themselves.

Hart, Quickley, and this recent version of Hartenstein coming off the bench should be interesting once Mitchell Robinson comes back. Sucks that McBride is going to get the short end of the stick in terms of minutes, but it appears Hart is gelling with this team quite quickly.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59157 posts
Tue Feb-14-23 09:35 AM

21. "talk about instant returns."
In response to Reply # 20

i feel bad for clowning brunson for his reaction to the trade lol

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Numba_33
Charter member
19321 posts
Tue Feb-14-23 11:57 AM

22. "His three point shooting will eventually worsen"
In response to Reply # 21

as I've heard he's not a good outside shooter, but what I'm expecting from him is his ability to go to the basket and create offense for himself, in addition to what I hear is his ability to get rebounds.

The fact he'll be a dependable factor off the bench will be such a blessing as Thibs has been running the starters into the ground with heavy minutes usage. Him and Quickley coming off the bench will be quite interesting to watch over the remainder of the season.

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43352 posts
Tue Feb-14-23 02:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
23. "RE: His three point shooting will eventually worsen"
In response to Reply # 22

>as I've heard he's not a good outside shooter, but what I'm
>expecting from him is his ability to go to the basket and
>create offense for himself, in addition to what I hear is his
>ability to get rebounds.
>
>The fact he'll be a dependable factor off the bench will be
>such a blessing as Thibs has been running the starters into
>the ground with heavy minutes usage. Him and Quickley coming
>off the bench will be quite interesting to watch over the
>remainder of the season.

His toughness is what makes him a Thibs player. he is an all around well rounded dog. Thibs will also run hi into the ground at the expense of less prepared prospects with more upside.

See; Gibson, Taj

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43735 posts
Sun Mar-12-23 02:03 PM

25. "He’s just one of those guys any contender needs "
In response to Reply # 21

Caruso, Hart, Portis, Nance, etc

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Sun Mar-12-23 12:09 PM

24. "RE: what were you saying about the wheels?"
In response to Reply # 20

Thibs is just dumb. We had a beautiful nine game run, most of which were convincing wins where he could have spared a few minutes here and there for Jalen and Juls...so what happens? Jalen's feet get injured. Instead of instantly saying, "SIT, we will be okay, we have IQ and Derrick and Deuce to play PG"...he one, has IQ play 55 minutes, then two, rushes Jalen back to play in a loss. Now Jalen is out for at least another couple of weeks, IQ is exhausted, Jules is exhausted and reverting to his troubled child behavior from last season, and we are on a losing streak. And D-Rose didn't get in the game once when he was actually needed. NOT A CHAMPIONSHIP COACH.

Apparently World Wide Wes has been campaigning since earlier in the season to fire Thibs, which along with the our rosters moves from last two seasons and the acquisition of JHart, provides me with some notion that eventually common sense will prevail and they will replace Thibs.

------------------
One Hundred.

Numba_33
Charter member
19321 posts
Thu Mar-16-23 04:00 PM

26. "Based on Snapchat-based screen shots"
In response to Reply # 24

it appears Mitchell Robinson is in your camp as well. Wonder what will transpire between Thibs and Mitch since I'm assuming Thibs has been made aware of his big man's grumblings.

Numba_33
Charter member
19321 posts
Thu Apr-27-23 12:30 PM

27. "Where are you on Thibs, Castro?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm in the glass is half-full camp because it's hard not to be given how well they've done so far, along with the growth Thibs made with the multiple and in-game adjustments he made in the Cleveland series.

I'm sure you took note of the almost 48 minutes he played Hart last night, hence why I pose this question to you.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2753036 Previous topic | Next topic