Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2745669

Subject: "That's The Way Baseball Go (c) II: The Home Stretch" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
51733 posts
Tue Aug-31-21 10:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"That's The Way Baseball Go (c) II: The Home Stretch"
Tue Aug-31-21 10:50 AM by Dstl1

My Cards will be a non-participant, this post-season...so I'm just along for the ride. Might be time to blow the GM outta there, but that's for another post.

The division leaders are...leading, lol. With the exception of the NL West and maaaaaaybe, the NL East, shit's sewn up. The Wild cards are a different story. Some observations.

I feel like, yesterday, the Mets were 5 games up...now, they're 7 back. Lindor has been AWFU this season and Baez hasn't done much besides his first game after the trade.

The Yankees just had their longest win streak since JFK was president...and they could still end up in a 1 game, winner take all, with Boston.

The Giants...what on Earth? Shit, they're good. Quiet good. Somehow, Buster Posey hopped in the DeLorean with Doc and Marty and went back to like 2012...then they added Kris Bryant.

I thought the Braves were going to fade into Bolivia (c) after Acuna went down, but Freddie Freeman is having none of it. Philly is nipping at their heels, though and Bryce Harper is balling.

Houston is Houstoning...and they just got Alex Bregman back from injury.

The Dodgers have the best pitching staff in baseball...even after losing that guy. It's true. They can throw Max/Clayton/Walker/Urias at you. That's fucking tough.

So, the White Sox and the Padres walk into a bar and played a bunch of teams that were below .500. One of them barely broke even, the other is in first place by 10 games. Gotta beat bad teams, man.

The Brewers are beating up on a bad division. Shout out to Joey Votto, though...that team is going to have a shot at an upset to get in and he is a huge reason why. He's literally made the decision to go from On-Base Daddy to Launch Angle Home Run Bro. Dude is that good, that he changed his style to fit the current state of the game.

Tampa really does this baseball shit better than most. That Nelson Cruz pickup was a great look. They're D'Angelo cruisin' in a division where the two teams behind them will prolly win 90 games.

when I threw the rifle in the river,
it looked like Bol Bol was diving in the river - Action Bronson

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
lmao at Javy Baez and Lindor crying about boos
Aug 31st 2021
both of these dudes are painfully stupid
Sep 01st 2021
That is when a team needs you the most
Sep 01st 2021
      start a go fund me for their therapy sessions
Sep 01st 2021
Mets GM arrested for DUI…
Sep 01st 2021
SMH… the Mets find a way to out-Mets themselves everyday
Sep 01st 2021
Nelson Cruz gonna go down as one of the most underrated of all time.
Sep 01st 2021

will_5198
Charter member
61395 posts
Tue Aug-31-21 06:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "lmao at Javy Baez and Lindor crying about boos"
In response to Reply # 0

Mets have lost 70% of their games since the break...and those two worried about the home crowd booing their asses

fuck

out

of here

--------

3xKrazy
Charter member
20329 posts
Wed Sep-01-21 03:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "both of these dudes are painfully stupid"
In response to Reply # 1

Was that a thumbs down to fans, then?

“Yeah, I mean, to let them know that when we don’t get success, we’re going to get booed, so they’re going to get booed when we’re a success.”- Baez

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
5702 posts
Wed Sep-01-21 04:06 PM

4. "That is when a team needs you the most "
In response to Reply # 1
Wed Sep-01-21 04:26 PM by allStah

when they are down. They don’t need support or cheers
when they are winning.

I stay to the end of every game...no matter if it’s a blowout loss or a big win.

Bulls, bears,Sox, etc. I’m backing them regardless of the wins
or losses.

wack ass spectators...who don’t appreciate the game or athletes.

HIS NAME IS MASON MOUNT
Bulls | Bears | White Sox | Yankees | Notre Dame | Illinois | Chelsea | Real Madrid

3xKrazy
Charter member
20329 posts
Wed Sep-01-21 05:21 PM

6. "start a go fund me for their therapy sessions "
In response to Reply # 4

Dstl1
Charter member
51733 posts
Wed Sep-01-21 03:09 PM

2. "Mets GM arrested for DUI…"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1433159908959133698?s=20

While Mets GM Zack Scott was at the Amazin Mets Foundation charity event Monday night, as @JeffPassan reported, that ended at 8:30 pm, Mets say. Scott’s arrest for allegedly driving drunk didn’t occur until 4:17 am, Tuesday morning, nearly 8 hours later, as @NYPost_Mets reported

when I threw the rifle in the river,
it looked like Bol Bol was diving in the river - Action Bronson

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
11680 posts
Wed Sep-01-21 06:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "SMH… the Mets find a way to out-Mets themselves everyday"
In response to Reply # 2

it’s truly impressive all the twists and turns they take each season. I feel like some journalist could write a new book about them every year and it would always be fascinating.

PROMO
Charter member
26622 posts
Wed Sep-01-21 04:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Nelson Cruz gonna go down as one of the most underrated of all time."
In response to Reply # 0

STAND OUT HAND OUTS: http://basquiatwhenipaint.tumblr.com

TWEET ME: @PROMO206

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2745669 Previous topic | Next topic