Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2745014

Subject: "finally, JR can take 70+ shots a game (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35243 posts
Wed Aug-11-21 07:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"finally, JR can take 70+ shots a game (swipe)"

From The Athletic:

J.R. Smith, a former NBA player and two-time champion with the Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Lakers over his 16-year career, wants to take his talents to the links.

Now retired, Smith, 35, is going back to school, enrolling at North Carolina A&T State University in pursuit of a degree in liberal studies. Because he went straight to the NBA out of high school, Smith hopes he can work out his eligibility status with the NCAA so that he can play on the Aggies' men's golf team.

"It's a big deal for A&T. It's a big deal for him," Richard Watkins, who coaches both the men's and women's teams, told PGATour.com on Wednesday. "It's not very often that somebody in his position really has an opportunity to have a thought, a dream, an idea, and to be able to go ahead and move in that direction."

Smith, who began playing golf roughly 12 years ago, has participated in a number of pro-am golf tournaments over the years, including the one at the Wyndham Championship on Wednesday, where he was seen donning Aggie apparel. According to PGATour.com, Smith plays to a 5 handicap.

"Golf is one of those games that has you feeling really high and or can bring you down to your knees and humble you," Smith said. "And to have that feeling and knowing that all of the game's pretty much on my own hands and I don't have to worry about teammates to pass the ball and receiving passes and playing defense so, I can play my game and just have fun."

that last quote is so loaded that it almost satirizes itself, but thats legitimately awesome. what a fun way to be retired,and a 5 handicap is good. he may have already had the best coaching hes gonna get, but i hope he makes it

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
cool, I know he'll probably be hitting more that the greens too lol
Aug 12th 2021

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Aug-12-21 09:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "cool, I know he'll probably be hitting more that the greens too lol"
In response to Reply # 0

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2745014 Previous topic | Next topic