Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2744909

Subject: "Isaac Bruce asks the scout who doubted him: How ya like me now?" Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Sun Aug-08-21 05:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Isaac Bruce asks the scout who doubted him: How ya like me now?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/isaac-bruce-asks-the-scout-who-doubted-him-how-ya-like-me-now/ar-AAN3S1R?ocid=sf

Isaac Bruce had a lot of thank yous in his 8-minute induction speech. He might have left someone off considering his iPad containing his speech was removed from the lectern.

“We’re going to roll with it,” Bruce said. “This is coming from the heart.”

He even thanked his doubters, his detractors and the defensive backs he played against.

“To the nameless voice who called me two weeks before the draft in 1994 that let me know that the NFL wasn’t checking for me. They didn’t like me. They liked more of NFL legends Bert Emanuel and Ryan Yarborough,” said Bruce, whom the Rams drafted 33rd overall, eight spots ahead of Yarborough and 12 ahead of Emanuel. “I know you’re alive, and I prayed God would keep you alive for this day. My message to you is rap legend Kool Moe Dee wanted me to ask you: How Ya Like Me Now?”

The star receiver became the fourth member of the Rams’ high-scoring offense to earn enshrinement. He joins running back Marshall Faulk (2011), left tackle Orlando Pace (2016) and quarterback Kurt Warner (2017) in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Bruce caught 1,024 passes for 15,208 yards and 91 touchdowns in 16 NFL seasons, including 14 with the Rams.

“All the defensive backs,” Bruce said. “The ones that baptized me and the ones I baptized, I appreciate you. I love you.”

The enshrinees in the two classes this weekend were limited to 8-minute speeches with a countdown clock in front of them. Bruce noticed.

“They moved my iPad,” Bruce said. “I’ve got one minute, 32 seconds left. I ran a pretty decent 40. I was faster with pads on than I was without pads, so let’s get this. My people, I love you. We’ve got big plans in front of us. They’re supernatural, and I can’t wait, man. Father God is fighting this battle for us. We’re being driven by him, by his justice, by his vision and his recompense. Yes, it’s real. Believe that. The fishes and the hunters have been released, and as one of those fishes, allow me to announce: Blessed by you who comes in the name of the Lord.”

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Isaac Bruce Full Hall of Fame Speech | 2021 Pro Football Hall of Fame:
Aug 08th 2021
Happy for him and the Rams
Aug 08th 2021
definitely...
Aug 08th 2021
Gave my Niners headaches for years
Aug 08th 2021
Now, announce Torry Holt!!
Aug 08th 2021
I'd love to see him get in too but he may have to wait a minute
Aug 09th 2021
Respect nm
Aug 09th 2021

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Sun Aug-08-21 05:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Isaac Bruce Full Hall of Fame Speech | 2021 Pro Football Hall of Fame:"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOrGuld3MtE

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8751 posts
Sun Aug-08-21 05:44 PM

2. "Happy for him and the Rams"
In response to Reply # 0

I wasn't sure he'd get in, simply because that position is so backlogged.

But he had an amazing career. #BobbAndWeave

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Sun Aug-08-21 07:11 PM

3. "definitely..."
In response to Reply # 2

>I wasn't sure he'd get in, simply because that position is so
>backlogged.
>
>But he had an amazing career. #BobbAndWeave

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Sun Aug-08-21 07:20 PM

4. "Gave my Niners headaches for years "
In response to Reply # 0

It’s still hard to watch the greatest show on turf highlights.

Major respect due

Dstl1
Charter member
56233 posts
Sun Aug-08-21 08:04 PM

5. "Now, announce Torry Holt!!"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Aug-08-21 08:04 PM by Dstl1

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Aug-09-21 01:03 AM

6. "I'd love to see him get in too but he may have to wait a minute"
In response to Reply # 5

vik
Charter member
13505 posts
Mon Aug-09-21 04:58 AM

7. "Respect nm"
In response to Reply # 0

---

But hell, what do I know?

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2744909 Previous topic | Next topic