Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2741994

Subject: "Bauer facing assault allegations (mlb.com swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Wed Jun-30-21 06:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Bauer facing assault allegations (mlb.com swipe)"

The '21 MLB post is kinda long so I posted this out in the main forum.

There's a report on espn.com that mentions the alleged victim had bruises from 'rough sex'. According to Bauer's lawyer, they have texts that show she either asked for rough sex or agreed to it.

The alleged victim is also pursuing a criminal investigation.

I don't know quite what to believe or want to hear about another sexual assault case. But the vast majority of these allegations are true.

https://www.mlb.com/news/trevor-bauer-assault-allegations

By Juan Toribio @juanctoribio
9:33 AM EDT

LOS ANGELES -- Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer is under investigation following assault claims from a woman who claims the pitcher got physical with her during recent encounters.

Upon learning of the allegations, the Dodgers released the following statement on Tuesday:

“The Dodgers were made aware of the allegations against Trevor Bauer late this afternoon and immediately contacted Major League Baseball, which will be handling this matter. The Dodgers take any allegations of this nature very seriously, but will have no further comment at this time.”

TMZ reported on Tuesday that the Pasadena Police Department is looking into the matter and the alleged victim was granted a temporary restraining order earlier in Los Angeles.

Bauer’s attorney, Jon Fetterolf, said in a statement to ESPN’s Jeff Passan that Bauer and the woman had a consensual sexual relationship.

“Her basis for filing a protection order is nonexistent, fraudulent, and deliberately omits key facts, information, and her own relevant communications,” Fetterolf added. “Any allegations that the pair’s encounters were not 100 percent consensual are baseless, defamatory, and will be refuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

The alleged victim’s attorney, Marc Garelick, told TMZ that his client “sought and obtained an order for Protection from the Court against Mr. Trevor Bauer under the Domestic Violence Prevention Act.”

“Our goal is to keep Mr. Bauer from contacting our client in any way possible,” the alleged victim’s attorney, Marc Garelick, told TMZ. “We anticipate there will be criminal action against Mr. Bauer, and it is our hope law enforcement will take our client’s allegations and case seriously.”

Bauer is the reigning NL Cy Young Award winner and was signed to a three-year, $102 million deal over the offseason. The right-hander has been one of the best pitchers in the NL again in ‘21, posting a 2.59 ERA in 17 starts.

Juan Toribio covers the Dodgers for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter @juanctoribio.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Passan tweet…
Jun 30th 2021
The Athletic paints a MUCH less rosy picture...dude sounds cooked
Jun 30th 2021
      When the ESPN report dropped, the police report hadn't been released
Jun 30th 2021
      you can't let it get to that point. and certainly not beyond that point.
Jul 02nd 2021
      RE: The Athletic paints a MUCH less rosy picture...dude sounds cooked
Jul 01st 2021
allegations need to be treated on a case-by-case basis, and in this case...
Jul 01st 2021
Texts released by Bauer
Jul 01st 2021
ugh
Jul 01st 2021
Dodgers (Roberts)…
Jul 02nd 2021
How TF is in "in the hands of MLB?" Is it a union thing?
Jul 02nd 2021
      Right, they could just sit him until an investigation has been done
Jul 02nd 2021
           I thought the decision to keep him in the rotation was tone-deaf
Jul 02nd 2021
                Fair enough
Jul 02nd 2021
administrative leave-
Jul 02nd 2021

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Wed Jun-30-21 06:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Passan tweet…"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1410045006166044673?s=20

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15302 posts
Wed Jun-30-21 08:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "The Athletic paints a MUCH less rosy picture...dude sounds cooked"
In response to Reply # 1

Depending on where CA lies on two-party wiretapping, which appears to maybe lean Bauer's way but in any case, he comes off like QUITE the piece of shit

https://theathletic.com/2682479/2021/06/30/graphic-details-photos-emerge-in-restraining-order-filed-against-dodgers-pitcher-trevor-bauer/?source=emp_shared_article

If you don't have The Athletic, the "highlights" are here and, I mean...

https://twitter.com/Mets2KBO/status/1410355193900941314?s=19

Regardless of how much she consented to, if it's on medical record that she had skull fractures as a result of him choking her unconscious with her own hair and beating her while unconscious and everything ELSE on top of that...*yuck*

This definitely isn't your average Derrick Rose sex-pest situation

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

obsidianchrysalis
8749 posts
Wed Jun-30-21 11:40 PM

3. "When the ESPN report dropped, the police report hadn't been released"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Jun-30-21 11:40 PM by obsidianchrysalis

If half of the shit in that police report is true, I don't think Bauer pitches again for the Dodgers. Even if the criminal case is thrown out or he's found not guilty.

I get some peoples' kink is rough sex. But he should have stopped once she lost consciousness. He needs to go to jail.

3xKrazy
Charter member
21582 posts
Fri Jul-02-21 10:13 AM

9. "you can't let it get to that point. and certainly not beyond that point."
In response to Reply # 3

>. But he should have
>stopped once she lost consciousness.

regardless of what she asked for and what her intentions might have been.

like that's just a line you can't cross.

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12493 posts
Thu Jul-01-21 01:41 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: The Athletic paints a MUCH less rosy picture...dude sounds cooked"
In response to Reply # 2

>https://theathletic.com/2682479/2021/06/30/graphic-details-photos-emerge-in-restraining-order-filed-against-dodgers-pitcher-trevor-bauer/?source=emp_shared_article

God this was gruesome. Fuck this dude.

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18386 posts
Thu Jul-01-21 01:10 PM

5. "allegations need to be treated on a case-by-case basis, and in this case..."
In response to Reply # 0

...he's guilty as f*ck and should go to jail for a long time

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13192 posts
Thu Jul-01-21 05:33 PM

6. "Texts released by Bauer"
In response to Reply # 0

https://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/trevor-bauer-text-messages-accuser-slaps-pain/580958?amp&__twitter_impression=true

3xKrazy
Charter member
21582 posts
Thu Jul-01-21 06:15 PM

7. "ugh"
In response to Reply # 6

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Fri Jul-02-21 06:23 AM

8. "Dodgers (Roberts)…"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/FabianArdaya/status/1410692674345000960?s=19

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Buck
Member since Feb 15th 2005
16160 posts
Fri Jul-02-21 10:16 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "How TF is in "in the hands of MLB?" Is it a union thing?"
In response to Reply # 8

Seems like the Dodgers could just leave him home.

pretentious username
12493 posts
Fri Jul-02-21 10:44 AM

11. "Right, they could just sit him until an investigation has been done "
In response to Reply # 10

Which would be the right thing to do given the nature of the allegations, but Roberts is being a coward because they’re in the middle of a division race.

obsidianchrysalis
8749 posts
Fri Jul-02-21 02:00 PM

13. "I thought the decision to keep him in the rotation was tone-deaf"
In response to Reply # 11

But that decision was made at the C-Suite level. Roberts was just the flak jacket in this case.

pretentious username
12493 posts
Fri Jul-02-21 05:02 PM

14. "Fair enough"
In response to Reply # 13

>But that decision was made at the C-Suite level. Roberts was
>just the flak jacket in this case.

I do hate when that happens. IIRC the Ravens pushed Harbaugh out there to say they supported Ray Rice when he was not supportive. I know the coach is the face of the team, but that’s still a shitty thing to do. Glad that Roberts wasn’t the one behind it cause I like him.

kinetic94761180
Member since Jul 05th 2002
17857 posts
Fri Jul-02-21 01:11 PM

12. "administrative leave-"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/trevor-bauer-dodgers-mlb-administrative-leave-assault-allegations-174332925.html

Rjcc is code for "bitch-ass troll"

DROkayplayer™

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2741994 Previous topic | Next topic