Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2741465

Subject: "Tank vs Barrios, Loma vs Nakatani, Lubin vs Rosario | 6/26/21" Previous topic | Next topic
Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14014 posts
Sat Jun-26-21 10:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Tank vs Barrios, Loma vs Nakatani, Lubin vs Rosario | 6/26/21"

I'll start with Loma vs Nakatani.
Great fight.
As we all know, Loma recently lost the undisputed 135 clash to Teofimo Lopez. Nakatani gave Lopez his toughest fight en route to the Loma fight. Teofimo even said "no more tall fighters" after that fight.
Loma is now back, post-surgery, after he and his team said he had a shoulder problem againt Teofimo, and he's facing Nakatani in hopes of getting a rematch with Teofimo. This should be a REALLY good fight. Nakatani is tough, hits hard, and can be very awkward. He's also really tall for 135, but doesn't have the best defense at times. If Loma can exploit that lack of defense, he can beat him. Loma's only real drawback is that he isn't a true 135 pounder, so he has to be extra careful.

Erickson Lubin was a hot prospect who took his chances against Jermell Charlo and lost by 1st rd KO, sending him back to the drawing board to rebuild. Jeison Rosario was doing big things. Had KO's Julian Willians in the 5th to become a unified 154 champ, then was KO'd by guess who... Jermell Charlo... so this fight seems to be the battle of Jermell Charlo's victims en route to a rematch with him. Rosario did very well in his match with Charlo until he was stopped. Pushed Charlo back way more than I expected. Lubin has been rebuilding well, but idk how he'll deal with Rosario's pressure. This is the most unpredictable fight of the night for me.

There's also Gervonta Davis vs Mario Barrios. This is a cool little fight. It's just not what Tank's handlers claim it is. It's at 140 where Josh Taylor is undisputed champ. Tank is fighting a guy who has a junior version of one of Josh's belts. Mayweather and Ellerbe guide Tank's career in a way that ensure's he remains undefeated, rather than truly challenging him, so it's safe to say they've seen exploitable weaknesses in Barrios' game. Expect Tank to win. It could be an exciting fight though.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Lubin vs Rosario turning out to be as good as expected
Jun 26th 2021
Loma is looking like vintage Loma and David against Goliath
Jun 26th 2021
Loma batters him for 8 1/2 rds and stops him. Very impressive
Jun 26th 2021
I guess that will be the test to know just how good Teofimo is.
Jun 27th 2021
Tank stops Barrios as expected.
Jun 26th 2021
West Baltimore. Tank got those sledgehammers.
Jun 26th 2021
      Body shot.
Jun 28th 2021

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Sat Jun-26-21 09:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Lubin vs Rosario turning out to be as good as expected"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Jun-26-21 10:04 PM by Boogie Stimuli

And Lubin stops him in the 6th. Lubin gave him hell in the 3rd, staggering him multiple times. Rosario continued to walk foward in the 4th and ended up staggering Lubin in the 4th. In the end tho, Rosario's midsection proves to be his weakness (it's the same way Charlo stopped him, as he convulsed on the canvas).
Props to Lubin. He looked sharp tonight, especially that counter left uppercut.
Loma vs Nakatani starting as I type this.

~
~
~
~
~

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Sat Jun-26-21 10:21 PM

2. "Loma is looking like vintage Loma and David against Goliath"
In response to Reply # 0

at the same time. This is one of those fights that makes it very clear that he's not a natural 135 pounder, but he's showing that he's a different level so far. Looking refreshed after that shoulder surgery.

~
~
~
~
~

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Sat Jun-26-21 10:48 PM

3. "Loma batters him for 8 1/2 rds and stops him. Very impressive"
In response to Reply # 0

First time Nakatani has been stopped. Loma looked phenomenal tonight. ESPN kept focusing on the fact that he had an injured shoulder against Lopez. We'll see if Teofimo still wants smoke after this. I don't know if he beats Loma at Loma's best.

~
~
~
~
~

Hitokiri
Charter member
22103 posts
Sun Jun-27-21 10:31 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I guess that will be the test to know just how good Teofimo is."
In response to Reply # 3

Since ESPN is trying to cast all this doubt with the shoulder injury...
Teofimo looked forreal to me though.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

Boogie Stimuli
14014 posts
Sat Jun-26-21 11:21 PM

4. "Tank stops Barrios as expected."
In response to Reply # 0

I didn't expect Barrios to be so competitive tho, even though he was dropped 3 times the unofficial scorecard had the fight tied at the time of the stoppage in the 11th round. Tank took the punches well to be at 140 as he got caught with some clean shots.

~
~
~
~
~

Beezo
Charter member
27558 posts
Sat Jun-26-21 11:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "West Baltimore. Tank got those sledgehammers."
In response to Reply # 4

<---
Fuck a sig, my presence is enough.

Castro
Charter member
50745 posts
Mon Jun-28-21 06:10 AM

7. "Body shot. "
In response to Reply # 5

------------------
One Hundred.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2741465 Previous topic | Next topic