Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2737101

Subject: "Imagine if there were only 12 NBA teams, how sick would the rosters be?" Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Sat May-15-21 11:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Imagine if there were only 12 NBA teams, how sick would the rosters be?"

Of course we know the WNBA started last night, and they had their draft before that but apparently the majority of the players drafted won't even make a roster. The WNBA is highly competitive right now and some people are calling for expansion.

I was thinking if we had a mock NBA re-draft with all the current players with only 12 teams what the rosters would look like.

Pretty much off the top of my head it can go something like this:

Eastern Conference:

New York
Boston
Philly
Chicago
Detroit
Miami

Western Conference:

Los Angeles
San Francisco
San Antonio
Houston
Denver
Portland

Do we currently have enough active posters on the board to pull this off and everyone pick a team to represent?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Imagine if there were only 12 NBA teams, how sick would the rosters ...
May 17th 2021
RE: Imagine if there were only 12 NBA teams, how sick would the rosters ...
May 17th 2021
I thought about this a few weeks ago when Europe was up in arms
May 17th 2021
Sounds like okp survivor
May 17th 2021
I wasn't involved but that was fantasy-based wasn't it? This would...
May 19th 2021

cloak323
Member since Sep 14th 2007
371 posts
Mon May-17-21 09:55 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Imagine if there were only 12 NBA teams, how sick would the rosters ..."
In response to Reply # 0

Is there a reason for San Antonio and not Dallas?

How about those teams get to keep one player off of their current roster.. sorta like the Bird rule, I think? And then start the draft.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon May-17-21 10:09 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Imagine if there were only 12 NBA teams, how sick would the rosters ..."
In response to Reply # 1

>Is there a reason for San Antonio and not Dallas?
>
>How about those teams get to keep one player off of their
>current roster.. sorta like the Bird rule, I think? And then
>start the draft.

I honestly just picked 12 random teams, originally I had all 3 Texas teams but I wanted it somewhat spread out.

I wouldn't be opposed to teams keeping 1 player but I think it would be more interesting and exciting if all the players are in play. You are trying to build a team from scratch to win a title this year.

If we do your idea we may have to switch the teams around. I can't imagine representatives for teams like Detroit or Houston would want to keep any of their players.

guru0509
Charter member
45341 posts
Mon May-17-21 12:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "I thought about this a few weeks ago when Europe was up in arms "
In response to Reply # 0

...over the proposed super league in which 12 of the biggest soccer clubs in the world were trying to form their own league that didn’t have the threat of relegation.

Europeans were constantly shitting on the NBA because their is no threat of relegation which means it lacks competitive integrity (which is a load of bullshit) and that soccer was a pure sport because of it .

I wondered how relegation would in the NBA. I know Silver would never go for it but imagine how much harder Minnesota and Sacramento would play if they knew they were being punted out of the NBA into the G league lol

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59168 posts
Mon May-17-21 12:47 PM

4. "Sounds like okp survivor"
In response to Reply # 0

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed May-19-21 03:01 PM

5. "I wasn't involved but that was fantasy-based wasn't it? This would..."
In response to Reply # 4

strictly be for shit talking purposes.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2737101 Previous topic | Next topic