5. "if Gonzaga wins, offer Mark Few $8 or $10 mil a year" In response to Reply # 4
if he loses no chance he leaves but if he wins I think he'd consider a 10 year bid at UNC to finish off his career. like i said in the Carousel thread, we are a UNIQUE opportunity & platform. even if you are established where you are have to consider it. make these guys look at everything on the table and still say No.
7. "Few likes fishing at his cabin in Washington." In response to Reply # 5
You can make the offer, but it's a waste of time. I've given up on the idea that Duke could pursue him either.
Certain guys just aren't gonna leave. I don't see Bennett leaving UVA. I don't see Beard leaving Texas now that he's there. I could maaaaaaaybe see Wright leaving Villanova for that blue blood prestige, but even that's a big stretch.
Scary for us blue blood fans hoping for outside hires, lol.
8. "Respect to a legend. I still associate him with Kansas since I first" In response to Reply # 0
started watching college basketball in the very early 90s, but was surprised to see he actually won more games at UNC. His Kansas teams were pretty dominant but had quite a few disappointing tournament appearances. Was glad to see him shake that criticism at UNC and go on to win 3 championships.
11. "yeah I was living in KC in the 90's and that was my first introduction t..." In response to Reply # 8
>started watching college basketball in the very early 90s, >but was surprised to see he actually won more games at UNC. >His Kansas teams were pretty dominant but had quite a few >disappointing tournament appearances. Was glad to see him >shake that criticism at UNC and go on to win 3 championships. >
9. "right? i like that dude. gonna miss him and his post game pressers. " In response to Reply # 0
i'm still team #fuckthencaa, but he seemed like one of the good guys, fwiw. genuinely seemed to care about his players as people. took responsibility for the teams' shortcomings. and spoke out on social issues.
========================================= I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and not having much to show for it. (c) mad
14. "Wes would be a dream by comparison" In response to Reply # 13 Mon Apr-05-21 03:43 PM by BrooklynWHAT
my dude aint never coached a fucking game. not one.
if you want a black coach, great! Go get Moton right down the road. He's basically family anyway. and he's actually qualified.
this shit is like riding passenger in a supercar when you've NEVER driven before, and the drive hands you the keys, and then they tell you he's actually the BEST person to drive the car. get the fuck outta here.
i know they cackling down at State i know they cackling over at Duke