Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2734195

Subject: "All I need is one mic! " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79341 posts
Wed Mar-24-21 10:49 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"All I need is one mic! "

NHL ref career over after hot lic catches him admitting he wanted to call a penalty on Nashville

https://apnews.com/article/nhl-nashville-john-hynes-nashville-predators-viktor-arvidsson-f6a3328aa61ec8adcf4d2ccb0919de67

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tim Peel’s career as an NHL referee is over after his voice was picked up by a TV microphone saying he wanted to call a penalty against the Nashville Predators.

The league on Wednesday announced that Peel “no longer will be working NHL games now or in the future.” The 54-year-old Peel had already made plans to retire next month.

“Tim Peel’s conduct is in direct contraction to the adherence to that cornerstone principle that we demand from our officials and that of our fans, players coaches and all those associated with our game expect and deserve,” NHL vice president of hockey operations Colin Campbell said in a statement. “There is no justification for his comments no matter the context or intension.”

The NHL determined it was Peel’s voice that was heard on the TV broadcast of the Predators home game against the Detroit Red Wings after Nashville forward Viktor Arvidsson was issued a minor tripping penalty five minutes into the second period.

“It wasn’t much, but I wanted to get a (expletive) penalty against Nashville early in the,” the unidentified official was heard saying before the microphone was cut. Peel worked the game with referee Kelly Sutherland.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
All my illusions about officiating are now shattered.
Mar 24th 2021

Buck
Member since Feb 15th 2005
16151 posts
Wed Mar-24-21 10:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "All my illusions about officiating are now shattered."
In response to Reply # 0

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2734195 Previous topic | Next topic