Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2725291

Subject: "Name the sports media outlets you follow" Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8740 posts
Sun Nov-15-20 12:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Name the sports media outlets you follow"
Sun Nov-15-20 12:52 AM by obsidianchrysalis

For me, The Atheltic is getting a lot of run, especially their NBA podcasts. ESPN+ is pretty good for watching Detail (the show Kobe used to host). Watching NFL Primetime is a good reason for the subscription, along with the odd article that's behind the paywall.

I'm really considering buying the TrueHoop subscription. The weekly free articles are really, really good. But $100 a year for three articles a week of only NBA coverage is too rich for my blood now.

YouTube is great for nerding out on strategic analysis. B-Ball Breakdown is a good follow as is Thinking Basketball. Samuel Gold and The QB School do a great job of breaking down team and individual play in the NFL.

And it's great for getting *just* enough of First Take to get their takes without wanting to drive sticks in my ear to stop listening to Stephen A for two hours.

Twitter is a great second-screen experience, especially for NCAA Football.

What do you all take in?

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I read articles...nothing beats it
Nov 15th 2020
Three Man Weave is the best CBB outlet by a mile.
Nov 15th 2020

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Sun Nov-15-20 01:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I read articles...nothing beats it"
In response to Reply # 0

I use TheScore App for everything now.

TV for sports news is trash, except for sportscenter highlights.

ALL HAIL THE KING of LOSING: LEBRON
Bulls | Bears | White Sox | Yankees | Notre Dame | Illinois | Chelsea | Real Madrid

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86643 posts
Sun Nov-15-20 11:40 AM

2. "Three Man Weave is the best CBB outlet by a mile."
In response to Reply # 0

Their conference previews are *deep dives,* and their podcasts are easily the most informative out there. They'll do a twenty-minute discussion about a low major conference while the other podcasts spend thirty minutes on What LaVar Ball Said or Should Izzo Yell At His Players.

I also like some of the writers on The Athletic. Sam Vecenie has a really good basketball podcast, Game Theory, that goes reeeeeeally in depth on NBA teams and players.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2725291 Previous topic | Next topic