Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2724185

Subject: "Khabib Nurmagomedov appreciation post" Previous topic | Next topic
Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14015 posts
Sat Oct-24-20 04:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Khabib Nurmagomedov appreciation post"

That dude is an inspiration.

Just announced his retirement from the UFC after dominating Justin Gaethje and finishing him in the 2nd. I was crazy to see Justin looking so flustered in the 1st after the way he did Tony Ferguson. Khabib is just a different kind of beast all around.

The dude always stood by his principles and was a role model. Some might argue the incident after the McGregor fight was questionable, but I wasn't mad at him at all for that. That said, he says he promised his mom that he wouldn't continue fighting without his father by his side, so kicking Gaethje's ass was his last fight. 29 - 0 in MMA. Unheard of.

Peace to the legend.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I came to LOVE Khabib
Oct 24th 2020
Dana gotta get him back for that 30-0 match
Oct 24th 2020
Yea that will call for the $$ and GSP
Oct 24th 2020
      I’m with you. Seems people wanted it because Khabib wanted it
Oct 25th 2020
Seeing so many “hE SCarED OF ConOr” tweets
Oct 24th 2020
legit brought tears to my eyes.
Oct 24th 2020
made some nice money betting Khabib by submission
Oct 25th 2020
Cormier said Khabib told him he was gonna go for the arm bar...
Oct 27th 2020
Khabib also broke his foot earlier in the month
Oct 28th 2020
Khabib Nurmagomedov was definitely a rare individual
Oct 28th 2020

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13192 posts
Sat Oct-24-20 04:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I came to LOVE Khabib"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Oct-24-20 04:59 PM by Oak27

I normally hate watching the fighters who take the fights to the ground and spend the majority of the time in the cage there, but Khabib is super likable and I came to really enjoy watching his fights. I was super curious how today's fight was going to go as I've never really seen Khabib take the kind of shots that Justin dishes out, but as soon as I seen him eat a few big punches to the chin and continue pressing towards him while Justin looked exhausted late in the first round, I knew it was just a matter of time. When it went to the ground in round 2 I knew the fight was ending there unless Justin somehow lasted the 3+ mins left in the round.

Happy retirement and peace to Khabib and his fam.

But I hate the fact that Dana is probably nutting himself knowing he can put Conor immediately in a title fight. That will be #1 bullshit (c) Khabib

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85068 posts
Sat Oct-24-20 05:07 PM

2. "Dana gotta get him back for that 30-0 match"
In response to Reply # 0

Blank check shit

<--- Big Baller World Order

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43353 posts
Sat Oct-24-20 06:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Yea that will call for the $$ and GSP"
In response to Reply # 2

I do t care to see khabib vs GSP but lots of people do.

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18386 posts
Sun Oct-25-20 11:53 PM

7. "I’m with you. Seems people wanted it because Khabib wanted it"
In response to Reply # 3

GSP is 39 and has been out over 3 years

I’d rather see Khabib vs Usman, whose style mirrors his a lot, or vs Covington who similarly presses the pace. He could most definitely be a welterweight champion if he wanted to be

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Sat Oct-24-20 07:16 PM

4. "Seeing so many “hE SCarED OF ConOr” tweets"
In response to Reply # 0

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Sat Oct-24-20 07:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "legit brought tears to my eyes."
In response to Reply # 0

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18386 posts
Sun Oct-25-20 07:54 PM

6. "made some nice money betting Khabib by submission"
In response to Reply # 0

I can't imagine how massive the emotional release must have felt after getting that finish

I think he goes away for at least a year, and eventually they get him back to fight GSP at Madison Square Garden or the new Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi

Most inspired I've been in a long time was watching that post-fight speech. Eyes welled up tbh.

Dstl1
Charter member
56229 posts
Tue Oct-27-20 03:59 PM

8. "Cormier said Khabib told him he was gonna go for the arm bar..."
In response to Reply # 0

but, remembered Justin saying he would not tap, by any means. So, he went to the triangle to finish him, because he didn't want to break his arm with his family watching.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13192 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 11:46 AM

9. "Khabib also broke his foot earlier in the month"
In response to Reply # 8

He didn't disclose this to Dana/UFC beforehand, but he posted an x-ray on Instagram a few days ago I believe.

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5613 posts
Wed Oct-28-20 01:43 PM

10. "Khabib Nurmagomedov was definitely a rare individual"
In response to Reply # 0

the results almost seemed inevitable for his opponents. You basically knew what he was going to do most nights, and he did it anyway.

The only time he really surprised me game plan-wise, was when he took a few rounds to piece Connor up before trying to twist his head off.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2724185 Previous topic | Next topic