Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2722328

Subject: "B.O.B....you have a ZOOM meeting invitation scheduled for: NOW" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Mon Oct-05-20 04:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"B.O.B....you have a ZOOM meeting invitation scheduled for: NOW"

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1313222580900442112?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
The Belichick coaching tree is basically nonexistent
Oct 05th 2020
You think the Giants talent is THAT bad?
Oct 05th 2020
I'm a Sk*ns fan, so I shouldn't talk. But yes lol
Oct 06th 2020
I still don’t get this, did he have of-the-field issues?
Oct 05th 2020
The rumor is that O'Brien didn't like it that Hopkins...
Oct 05th 2020
      wow
Oct 05th 2020
           He said Hopkins reminded him of Aaron fucking Hernandez
Oct 06th 2020
they try to be mini-Belichick but it just doesn't work.
Oct 05th 2020
      combined
Oct 06th 2020
      highly recommend the new "DYNASTY" book about Kraft/BB/Brady years
Oct 06th 2020
           similar to popovich
Oct 06th 2020
good riddance. before he ruins DeShaun
Oct 05th 2020

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18385 posts
Mon Oct-05-20 04:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "The Belichick coaching tree is basically nonexistent "
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Oct-05-20 04:38 PM by Tiger Woods

Literally every one of those guys except for Romeo Crennel has arrived with a massive ego and dickhead personality, only to fail SPECTACULARLY.

Mangini
Weis
McDaniels
OBrien
Patricia

Crennel sucked but at least he wasn’t a prick.

Hard to say on Flores and Judge so far, those teams (along with the Jets) are some of the least talented NFL teams you’ll ever see. At least Flores can buy time with Tua whenever he decides to pull that lever.

The hubris it takes to trade DeAndre Hopkins when you have a blossoming quarterback like Deshaun Watson...all you can do is chuckle

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18619 posts
Mon Oct-05-20 04:46 PM

2. "You think the Giants talent is THAT bad?"
In response to Reply # 1

I’m biased and basically always overshooting what we “can” do, but.....

I tend to feel we’re solid on defense and adequate at the skill spots on offense. QB is talented but very young. RB went from elite to a little below par with Barkley’s injury...Freeman/Lewis are still decent though. OL is the Achilles heel.

I went from thinking 6-8 wins, to expecting 3-5 after Barkley’s injury. Still don’t think we’re THAT bad though, in terms of being historically awful. Bears and Rams games went to the final possession, and I feel like we’ll win at least 3 division games plus maybe 2 more.

Tiger Woods
18385 posts
Tue Oct-06-20 08:22 AM

9. "I'm a Sk*ns fan, so I shouldn't talk. But yes lol"
In response to Reply # 2

Specifically, not enough athletes on the Defensive front and a dearth of pass catchers. We're almost similar in that respect, not enough NFL-caliber starters on O-line but similarly only one special pass catcher (McLaurin).

Saquon is undeniably great. But all told, should they have taken a running back number 2 overall when there were so many other needs? It's hard to defend in my opinion. Quenton Nelson and Derwin James came out of that same round for example.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Oct-05-20 04:52 PM

3. "I still don’t get this, did he have of-the-field issues?"
In response to Reply # 1

>The hubris it takes to trade DeAndre Hopkins when you have a
>blossoming quarterback like Deshaun Watson...all you can do is
>chuckle

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Mon Oct-05-20 06:10 PM

5. "The rumor is that O'Brien didn't like it that Hopkins..."
In response to Reply # 3

The rumor is that O'Brien didn't like it that Hopkins had kids by different mothers. :\

There were other issues that this article touches on:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/03/michael-irvin-reveals-shocking-details-of-conversation-between-deandre-hopkins-bill-obrien

O'Brien didn't like the strength of Hopkins' influence in the locker room and the prospect of extending him once his deal was up in '22.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Oct-05-20 07:11 PM

7. "wow"
In response to Reply # 5

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79518 posts
Tue Oct-06-20 07:53 AM

8. "He said Hopkins reminded him of Aaron fucking Hernandez "
In response to Reply # 7

Fuck that dude.

These dudes would rather get fired than admit these Black players are the real reason for their success.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

will_5198
Charter member
63106 posts
Mon Oct-05-20 06:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "they try to be mini-Belichick but it just doesn't work."
In response to Reply # 1

only Belichick can get away with it. and he's smarter than all of them.

--------

smutsboy
Member since Jun 29th 2002
33301 posts
Tue Oct-06-20 08:37 AM

10. "combined"
In response to Reply # 6

>he's smarter than
>all of them.

https://i.imgur.com/ZkkZekl.gif

Tiger Woods
18385 posts
Tue Oct-06-20 09:24 AM

11. "highly recommend the new "DYNASTY" book about Kraft/BB/Brady years"
In response to Reply # 6

https://www.amazon.com/Dynasty-Jeff-Benedict/dp/1982134100

I've got about 100 pages left in this thing, and the access the author has to Kraft and the in-depth analysis of the mercurial enigma that is Bill Belichick is just riveting. Belichick has a bloodthirst for winning. That's gotten him in trouble before sure, videotaping happened. But what Belichick is especially obsessed with is whole accountability of the entire roster - knowing assignments, minimizing penalties, protecting the football, hitting hard and tackling well. The Bill Belichick ethos, "The Patriot Way", is simply that - know your job and do it as well as you possibly can. That thought process is largely informed by the many years he spent around the Navy football program. He came accustomed to thinking that's how all teams behaved and played.

David Halberstam's book from a few years ago, written after the third Pats Super Bowl, is about BB's coaching influences and reveals that Belichick had a difficult time coming to grips with guys like LT, generational talents who were given preferential treatment and held to different standards because of their ability and statuses. Later on, Belichick would make a point of not letting any of that go in Foxborough; even after 3 Super Bowls, a bunch of All Pro honors, and an outsized celebrity status Tom Brady himself wasn't immune to extremely harsh criticism from his coach in team meetings.

Belichick's sole mission is winning, and his burning belief is that both individual and collective accountability is the most reliable way to experience football success. He doesn't give a fuck about relationships or "the brotherhood" or whatever. It's hard to dispute his ideology, but even harder to replicate it at the highest level of the sport.

Rjcc
Charter member
94955 posts
Tue Oct-06-20 01:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "similar to popovich"
In response to Reply # 11

in that dude's a genius in a way that other people just can't recreate, and also he lucked into the one superstar that perfectly matched his style, which helps everything else fall into place

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32090 posts
Mon Oct-05-20 05:00 PM

4. "good riddance. before he ruins DeShaun"
In response to Reply # 0

Kid can have a bright future in this league

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2722328 Previous topic | Next topic