Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2721598

Subject: "Whistle Blower Podcast" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79499 posts
Mon Sep-28-20 11:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Whistle Blower Podcast"

Man.. just started it but it’s good.

I’ve always been suspicious but the LA/SAC WCF was the first time I really saw blatant cheating by the refs to fix a series.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/whistleblower/id1527436649?i=1000489278266

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Tim Livingston was on LeBatard, today...
Oct 14th 2020
idk... there haven’t been any big reveals yet
Oct 14th 2020
      yeah, maybe they're trying not to give it all up...
Oct 14th 2020
      Anyone who watched that Sacramento Kings/Lakers series
Oct 15th 2020
           ASTERISK RING
Oct 15th 2020
                lol
Oct 17th 2020
Okay the latest episode had some pretty wild info
Oct 23rd 2020
This shit is pretty insane
Oct 26th 2020
Mad late on this, but it's really good.
Mar 09th 2021
Fuck this poast. We all know Bibby's face fouled Kobe's elbow
Mar 09th 2021

Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Wed Oct-14-20 09:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Tim Livingston was on LeBatard, today..."
In response to Reply # 0

man...the way he was explaining...I gotta get on this. Dude said flat out that he doesn't think David Stern could have survived this if it, if it came out before.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12492 posts
Wed Oct-14-20 09:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "idk... there haven’t been any big reveals yet"
In response to Reply # 1

>man...the way he was explaining...I gotta get on this. Dude
>said flat out that he doesn't think David Stern could have
>survived this if it, if it came out before.

It’s possible they’re just slow playing it and we hear some good stuff in time, but so far it’s a lot of innuendo and inferences. Donaghy has his theories, which absolutely sound plausible, but you gotta remember the messenger and he needs some evidence for his claims. The most damning thing is that the NBA gives feedback to the refs after each playoff game of what fouls to look out for/what they’re missing, but I’m not as convinced as the host that it proves some nefarious plot to extend playoff series.

Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Wed Oct-14-20 09:43 PM

3. "yeah, maybe they're trying not to give it all up..."
In response to Reply # 2

at the beginning. Dude was saying this was like 8 years of investigative journalism.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79499 posts
Thu Oct-15-20 06:02 AM

4. "Anyone who watched that Sacramento Kings/Lakers series"
In response to Reply # 2

back in the day knows these refs are on the take or manipulating games for ratings.

That shit was criminal

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Thu Oct-15-20 08:07 AM

5. "ASTERISK RING "
In response to Reply # 4

is that how it works? lmao

tariqhu
Charter member
17878 posts
Sat Oct-17-20 02:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "lol"
In response to Reply # 5

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12492 posts
Fri Oct-23-20 12:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Okay the latest episode had some pretty wild info"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Oct-23-20 12:34 PM by pretentious username

The timing of that tv deal... yikes!

Also, if I understand the host’s convo with Tim’s best friend... have they not conducted the final Donaghy interview yet? I would’ve done that interview before releasing any episodes cause there’s some stuff that was obviously going to piss Donaghy off and make him clamp up.

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5613 posts
Mon Oct-26-20 01:44 PM

8. "This shit is pretty insane"
In response to Reply # 0

if it had happened a few years later, i think it would have been a way bigger deal w/online hoops culture.

The steps the NBA took to squash the story are pretty incredible.

Also kind of weird when you think about the way most of us, as hoops fans just accept that bigger teams and more famous players get favorable calls.

I might be wrong on this too, but it also feels like a much tougher thing to get away with now, with the amount of data that is available both in regards to gambling and in everything NBA related.

Binged the whole thing this weekend and watching football this weekend was different - i kept thinking 'you could call holding on any play' haha

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36960 posts
Tue Mar-09-21 11:07 AM

9. "Mad late on this, but it's really good."
In response to Reply # 0

https://digife.com

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44828 posts
Tue Mar-09-21 02:12 PM

10. "Fuck this poast. We all know Bibby's face fouled Kobe's elbow"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2721598 Previous topic | Next topic