Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2719572

Subject: "Mark Aguirre should be in the Hall of Fame and his jersey should be" Previous topic | Next topic
allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 03:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mark Aguirre should be in the Hall of Fame and his jersey should be"
Wed Sep-09-20 03:27 PM by allStah

retired by the Mavs.

It’s one of the biggest crimes in NBA history!

This man is the greatest college player I have ever seen. He put Illinois ( DePaul) on the map nationally as a college player. For the three years he was at DePaul, DePaul would be ranked number 1 or number 2 during the season. He won almost every college player of the year award in 1980, and basically won college player of the year in back to back seasons. He was no bigger than 6’4 as a SF, but was a walking bucket inside/out. He was baby Adrian Dantley, and is Depaul’s Greatest player of all time. He avg 25.5 a game, shooting 54 pct from the field.

In 1980,the Dallas Mavericks was founded. He was their number 1 pick in 1981. This man was dallas’ first superstar, and he went on to make Dallas a prolific playoff team. He put Dallas on the map, and they were must watch tv right up there with the lakers.
He led Dallas in scoring in each season of his seven year career with them, and he avg 25 points a game. Out of the top ten scoring avg in Dallas’ history, he owns 4 of them.
He owns the Mav’s records for most points scored in a single quarter with 27 points.

“He was a superior basketball player, period,” Blackman said. “He (could) post up down low and take anybody — all of y’all. The players who tried to guard Mark know who I’m talking about.”

https://www.mavs.com/markaguirre/

During his seven-and-a-half years with the Mavs, being double-teamed became a way of NBA life for Aguirre. It was as common as him lacing up a pair of sneakers.“”

But this man’s jersey isn’t retired?!

He was walking buckets and faced double teams every night, and he couldn’t be stopped. One of the greatest scoring small forwards in NBA history, and shot 50 pct from the field 3 times, with a career avg of 48 pct.

Why is this man not in the hall of fame?!

He was traded to Detroit, where he had to shackle his scoring to help Detroit win
Championships, winning 2 titles.

Career avg: 20/5/3 ( but avg 25 a game for the 7 years he played with the mavs)

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
my favorite player when I first started watching the NBA
Sep 09th 2020

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79560 posts
Wed Sep-09-20 03:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "my favorite player when I first started watching the NBA "
In response to Reply # 0

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2719572 Previous topic | Next topic