Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2717092

Subject: "Paulie Malignaggi, I'm not surprised by the bensonhurt boy's comments" Previous topic | Next topic
FunkyBoss
Member since Aug 31st 2002
1198 posts
Tue Aug-04-20 04:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Paulie Malignaggi, I'm not surprised by the bensonhurt boy's comments"

https://www.boxingscene.com/showtime-permanently-removes-malignaggi-from-broadcasting-team-over-ifl-tv-comments--150561

I liked him for the most part but i kinda always knew this boy had something like this in his back pocket. can it be too many hits to the head kinda thing? maybe but this dude is 40 years old from bensonhurst. his formative years in that racist neighborhood

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Youtube comment section full of...
Aug 04th 2020
What did he say?
Aug 06th 2020
Eastern Europeans are the dominant species in boxing rn
Aug 06th 2020
my bad, linked wrong article but he said theres no racial oppression
Aug 09th 2020
he's 98% good until he says "species" , that cooks him
Aug 10th 2020

Dstl1
Charter member
56193 posts
Tue Aug-04-20 04:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Youtube comment section full of..."
In response to Reply # 0

"can't believe he got fired for this?!?!?!?"

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20756 posts
Thu Aug-06-20 11:20 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "What did he say?"
In response to Reply # 0

----------

IG @erichrigonan

falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4380 posts
Thu Aug-06-20 03:28 PM

3. "Eastern Europeans are the dominant species in boxing rn"
In response to Reply # 2

FunkyBoss
Member since Aug 31st 2002
1198 posts
Sun Aug-09-20 07:11 PM

4. "my bad, linked wrong article but he said theres no racial oppression"
In response to Reply # 2

"I try not to join into the race conversations because this is one of the exact examples of why I don’t believe there is racial oppression in 2020, in this century,” Malignaggi said. “I believe there has been, sure, but I don’t believe there is any racial oppression today, I believe it’s all made up and it’s exaggerated. This is exactly one of the reasons why, the fact that a black fighter can say that and not pay any price financially, but if a white fighter said that about a black fighter, he’d probably lose his TV contract, and probably TV networks wouldn’t touch him. I won’t tell you that it’s a double standard, but I’ll tell you that it does prove that the entire whole hypothesis of racial oppression is way above exaggerated in this century.”

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18362 posts
Mon Aug-10-20 02:43 PM

5. "he's 98% good until he says "species" , that cooks him"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2717092 Previous topic | Next topic