Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2716718

Subject: "R.I.P. RJ Barrett's Knees: Knicks hire Thibs as next Head Coach" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Sat Jul-25-20 12:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"R.I.P. RJ Barrett's Knees: Knicks hire Thibs as next Head Coach"

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
This absolutely makes no sense.
Jul 25th 2020
David West sees it:
Jul 27th 2020
FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK.
Jul 25th 2020
I feel like either Tye Lue or Mark Jackson has to be a lock for the Nets...
Jul 27th 2020
Why would anyone choose to be a Knicks fan in the year 2020?
Jul 27th 2020
basically...lets go nets.
Jul 29th 2020
no sideswitching allowed. you die as fan of your team or no team at all
Jul 29th 2020
Then just give up. Don't have a team.
Jul 29th 2020
It's not a prudent rational decision at this point, I'll give you that.
Jul 31st 2020
Its a delusion similar to a Duke fan.
Jul 31st 2020
I was listening to a T-Mac interview he basically said Thibs shortened.....
Jul 31st 2020

allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Sat Jul-25-20 01:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "This absolutely makes no sense. "
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Jul-25-20 01:13 PM by allStah

1. Thibs is a defensive coach, and the knicks' problem isn't defense. They have good rebounding, and they were giving up 112.00 per game (20th), which isn't terrible ,considering the high scoring league the NBA has become.

The Knicks main problem is their lack of offense, because they can't hit threes. They have no shooters, and a ton of bigs. They have good athletic players who can get to the basket, but none of them can hit threes. So they are constantly trading twos for threes.

Their main issue is GM related, not drafting and signing the right players.

Also, the team is kinda injury prone to me already. Their PGs missed quite a few games, so the PG position would change a lot, but I think Elfrid is their main,complete PG. The center position would be up and down as well. ...and now you add thibs to a team where some players can't consistently stay on the court??

What in the hell is wrong with the Knicks organization?..Whenever I talk about the bulls, and get upset, I calm myself by saying " at least we are not the Knicks."

But hey, maybe he can make them more competitive. However, looking at that shit show he was in in Minnesota...I'm not sure.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Mon Jul-27-20 01:21 PM

3. "David West sees it:"
In response to Reply # 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/david-west-upset-knicks-reportedly-014245753.html

------------------
One Hundred.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Sat Jul-25-20 06:39 PM

2. "FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK. "
In response to Reply # 0

------------------
One Hundred.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Jul-27-20 06:43 PM

4. "I feel like either Tye Lue or Mark Jackson has to be a lock for the Nets..."
In response to Reply # 0

job at this point

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86665 posts
Mon Jul-27-20 10:23 PM

5. "Why would anyone choose to be a Knicks fan in the year 2020?"
In response to Reply # 0

How much shitty product from a lousy team and an owner that hates you can a fan realistically take before enough's enough?

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59152 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 12:27 PM

6. "basically...lets go nets."
In response to Reply # 5

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85051 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 01:25 PM

7. "no sideswitching allowed. you die as fan of your team or no team at all"
In response to Reply # 5

<--- Big Baller World Order

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86665 posts
Wed Jul-29-20 04:23 PM

8. "Then just give up. Don't have a team."
In response to Reply # 7

If I grew up in a town where I got kicked in the balls daily, I wouldn't stay getting kicked in the balls daily just because it's what I was born into. I'd get the hell out of the city and preserve what's left of my balls.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Numba_33
Charter member
19320 posts
Fri Jul-31-20 09:19 AM

9. "It's not a prudent rational decision at this point, I'll give you that."
In response to Reply # 5

My current motivation for remaining a fan of this rancid team is probably mostly out of stubbornness and childhood nostalgia of when the Knicks were actually worth watching and expending any serious time and attention on.

To spin this hire in somewhat of a positive light, I'm curious how Mitchell Robinson will improve since Thibs is supposedly a defensive guru. Other than that, I have absolutely nothing to hold out for in terms of the Knicks doing well.

Meh.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Fri Jul-31-20 01:06 PM

10. "Its a delusion similar to a Duke fan."
In response to Reply # 5

------------------
One Hundred.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Jul-31-20 01:18 PM

11. "I was listening to a T-Mac interview he basically said Thibs shortened....."
In response to Reply # 0

Yao Ming's career

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2716718 Previous topic | Next topic