Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2715202

Subject: "Trade Packages to Land Nets Their Kyrie-KD-Bradley Beal Big 3" Previous topic | Next topic
allStah
Member since Jun 21st 2014
9816 posts
Fri May-22-20 06:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Trade Packages to Land Nets Their Kyrie-KD-Bradley Beal Big 3"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2892939-trade-packages-to-land-nets-their-kyrie-kd-bradley-beal-big-3

This is comical as hell.

So apparently brooklyn wants to trade Caris Levert, Spencer Dimwiddie,
2021 first-round pick, 2023 first-round pick and a 2021 second-round pick for Brando fucking Beal.

I like Brandon. He can score, but that's it. That's why the wizards suck. They have serious fire power and are top 10 in scoring, but they can't stop anyone. That's why they lose games like 135-120. Beal is not a two way player, and the fact that Irving does not play defense, and Durant is a weak defender, the Brooklyn Nets would become the Brooklyn Wizards.

Why the hell would you want to trade Spencer, who can score, facilitate, and play defense and isnt injury prone. And not only that, you want to give up Caris Levert, who is a sensational scorer and a good on ball defender. They were the main reasons why they had success without KD And Irving on the floor. Levert took over the scoring load.

Hell, Levert is better than Beal to me. He is a guy who can drop 40 to 50 points ( dude scored close to 30 points in a quarter ), and then get 2 steals on the other side of the ball. Why bring in Beal, who is just a one dimensional player?

This would be a stupid dumb trade for the Nets, and then to give up three draft picks on top of that?

It would be an awesome trade for the Wizards, so I see why they would be anxious to do it. That would be an instant upgrade for their backcourt on both sides of the ball.

First you get rid of a coach who developed and knows how to develop players, and who kept the team in the playoff hunt without your main superstar players, but now you want to get rid of those skillful players that the coach developed?

You got a great young team right in front of you, but you want to chase some big super team stuff, which rarely comes to fruition

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
iPhone changed Bradley to Brandon
May 22nd 2020
if you're the Nets you make that trade in a heartbeat lol
May 22nd 2020
RE: if you're the Nets you make that trade in a heartbeat lol
May 22nd 2020
      Where did the “Durant doesn’t defend” narrative come from?
May 24th 2020
           RE: Where did the “Durant doesn’t defend” narrative come from?
May 24th 2020
Enough.said. Delete.
May 22nd 2020
RE: Enough.said. Delete.
May 23rd 2020
That seems very on-brand for the Nets
May 23rd 2020
I’d be more concerned about the picks than Levert.
May 24th 2020
      RE: I’d be more concerned about the picks than Levert.
May 24th 2020
      But if Kyrie and Durant are healthy those picks are late firsts...
May 24th 2020
      RE: But if Kyrie and Durant are healthy those picks are late firsts...
May 25th 2020
           nothing is a sure thing...
May 25th 2020
                RE: nothing is a sure thing...
May 25th 2020
                     Dinwiddie and LeVert are both poor shooters...
May 26th 2020
                          RE: Dinwiddie and LeVert are both poor shooters...
May 26th 2020
                               so you saying they should've chose Atkinson over Durant & Kyrie?
May 26th 2020
                                    RE: so you saying they should've chose Atkinson over Durant & Kyrie?
May 26th 2020
                                         okayplayer. n/m
May 26th 2020
                                              RE: okayplayer. n/m
May 26th 2020
      It's one big ball of risk IMHO
May 29th 2020
I don't have an opinion either way about the trade, but...
May 23rd 2020
RE: I don't have an opinion either way about the trade, but...
May 25th 2020
      Scott Brooks is the common denominator here
May 29th 2020
           No its never a WHITE coach's fault!
May 29th 2020
Beal is a normal person. How would he gel with those two fragile egos
May 26th 2020
wall was in his pockets crying like a bitch. shut up.
May 27th 2020
the percentage of this happening before trade deadline time...
May 27th 2020
best case they put together a 2nd round exit
May 27th 2020
The bar is so low that any progress they make feels exciting
May 28th 2020
      Do you think Wall is better than Beal at this point in their careers?
May 28th 2020
           Don’t know where Wall is right today, BUT...
May 28th 2020
                idk if you watch All The Smoke
May 28th 2020
                Do you honestly think we will ever see "peak Wall" again?
May 28th 2020
                     man...
May 28th 2020
                          dude is coming off multiple major knee surgeries and a torn Achilles...
May 28th 2020
RE: the percentage of this happening before trade deadline time...
May 27th 2020

allStah
9816 posts
Fri May-22-20 07:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "iPhone changed Bradley to Brandon "
In response to Reply # 0

Please excuse.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri May-22-20 09:39 PM

2. "if you're the Nets you make that trade in a heartbeat lol"
In response to Reply # 0

allStah
9816 posts
Fri May-22-20 09:50 PM

3. "RE: if you're the Nets you make that trade in a heartbeat lol"
In response to Reply # 2

So you would trade all of that just to have a perimeter and backcourt of Beal, Irving and Durant?

Zero defense.

That team would get scorched for 130 every night , and there would be beefing over the ball.

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Sun May-24-20 09:39 PM

9. "Where did the “Durant doesn’t defend” narrative come from?"
In response to Reply # 3

You’re right about Ky and Beal, but I’ve seen multiple people in here say Durant is a bad defender, and I... do not think that’s true at all.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

allStah
9816 posts
Sun May-24-20 10:43 PM

10. "RE: Where did the “Durant doesn’t defend” narrative come from?"
In response to Reply # 9

Has Durant ever made an all defensive team, and getting blocks doesn’t mean great on the ball defender. People get that confused.

I’m not saying he is terrible, but I’ve seen his peers have their way with him.

And the forwards in the east?
Giannis, Bam, Tatum, Sabonis, Siakam

Durant ain’t stopping none of those guys.

Beezo
Charter member
27557 posts
Fri May-22-20 11:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Enough.said. Delete."
In response to Reply # 0

>Hell, Levert is better than Beal to me.

<---
Fuck a sig, my presence is enough.

allStah
9816 posts
Sat May-23-20 12:01 AM

5. "RE: Enough.said. Delete."
In response to Reply # 4
Sat May-23-20 12:22 AM by allStah

Shitttt.....Levert is the truth on both sides of the ball. That dude arrived this year. You got a young up and coming player who can score and play defense. Beal can drop 30 a game , but doesn’t bring anything else to the table. It’s like him, Booker, and Lavine are all the same. Can score on one end, but get lit up on the other. And Levert is more efficient than Beal as a shooter. Levert is closer to being s 50 percent shooter.!!

I think it was how efficient he was,” Atkinson said. “He only did it on 26 shots, 17-for-26. Obviously, stepping up and making those big free throws. I could be mistaken but I think Levert scored all of our points in overtime. Now it’s like OK, you got us into overtime, sometimes guys relax a little. He just kept attacking. That was the thing about it, how aggressive he was.

“It’s one of those things — and I know people are gonna laugh — but it’s one of those Jordan things. He just took over. He was just relentless.”

in their last head to head battle, this is what happened:

Levert : 34 pts, 7 assists, 6 boards, 4 steals, 10-20 shooting, 60 percent from 3

Beal: 30 points, 5 assists, 5 boards, 3 steals, 11-24 shooting, 44 percent from 3

You get a more efficient player in Levert and you get to keep draft picks...it would be a foolish trade by brooklyn

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sat May-23-20 07:47 PM

6. "That seems very on-brand for the Nets"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat May-23-20 07:48 PM by ConcreteCharlie

Trade away useful players and the future so you can have three-injury prone stars who aren't *quite* good enough to win a title if they were healthy.

I do think you're underselling Beal in the OP, but that's almost irrelevant.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86670 posts
Sun May-24-20 06:50 PM

8. "I’d be more concerned about the picks than Levert."
In response to Reply # 6
Sun May-24-20 06:59 PM by Frank Longo

Levert carries his own considerable injury risk— not many players in the league carry more injury risk than Kyrie, but Levert is def one of them. I really like him as a player— and he’s probably a better backcourt fit with Kyrie than Beal would be— but he’s seemed destined for a short career since college, sadly.

And Dinwiddie too, tbh— the last two seasons still seem more like a good streak than what we can safely expect. Since Levert and Dinwiddie both looked great last year, and since they both carry injury concerns, trying to move them for a star while their stock is at its highest makes sense imo.

Doing it for Beal makes... less sense, for reasons you stated above. It’s all rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic unless Durant is the best player in the league. I don’t really mind dealing Levert and Dinwiddie to make your team better... but *three* picks and those two guys? For *Beal*? The picks are what kill me personally. With Ky usual slate of missed games, one season ending injury to Durant could make any of those picks instant lottery contenders.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

allStah
9816 posts
Sun May-24-20 11:01 PM

11. "RE: I’d be more concerned about the picks than Levert."
In response to Reply # 8

So let me get this right. You got an injury prone super baby in Kyrie, who will probably never play a full season , and you want to trade the guy who came in and scored 20 a game and got 7 dimes? So when Kyrie goes down, and he will, who would run the point? It doesn’t make sense, when you got Spencer right there. And Spencer is highly dependable. He is clearly the better facilitator, and I would keep him over Kyrie, because Kyrie is not a leader.

And Levert is fully healthy now. He hasn’t been fully healthy for a long time. I know it’s a concern, but my man has arrived.

This ain’t nothing but Kyrie crying to get rid of Spencer, just like he cried to get Atkinson canned, because Atkinson realIzed KD and Kyrie are not the answer. They want to get Atkinson’s boys out of there. They already got Allen benched for Jordan. All of it stinks.

Plus three draft picks? ... No GM in their right mind would do that. Someone is pushing for this.

Duke boy! Lol

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Sun May-24-20 11:16 PM

12. "But if Kyrie and Durant are healthy those picks are late firsts..."
In response to Reply # 8

I feel like a bigger is the coach that can implement a system to distribute the ball evenly between those 3 and figure out which guy in their prime is willing to become a role player

allStah
9816 posts
Mon May-25-20 09:13 AM

13. "RE: But if Kyrie and Durant are healthy those picks are late firsts..."
In response to Reply # 12

Kyrie and the word Healthy are antonyms.....

You willing to bet the farm on that?

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon May-25-20 09:39 AM

15. "nothing is a sure thing..."
In response to Reply # 13

>Kyrie and the word Healthy are antonyms.....
>
>You willing to bet the farm on that?

Steph was considered "injury-prone" early in his career

allStah
9816 posts
Mon May-25-20 10:15 AM

16. "RE: nothing is a sure thing..."
In response to Reply # 15

Steph situation was never in the same situation as Kyrie health wise, and he has never been a bad teammate.

Kyrie does not have the mentality to lead a team, too much selfishness, plus add on his injury history

And you want to bet the farm on this type of player, when Spencer is the better team player, facilitator, and is healthier?

makes no sense. Cons out way the Pros.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue May-26-20 11:53 AM

18. "Dinwiddie and LeVert are both poor shooters..."
In response to Reply # 16

you can't win consistently with both of those guys on the floor in today's NBA

allStah
9816 posts
Tue May-26-20 12:30 PM

19. "RE: Dinwiddie and LeVert are both poor shooters..."
In response to Reply # 18
Tue May-26-20 12:31 PM by allStah

But they had brooklyn playing at playoff level without kyrie or durant on the floor and looked better than when kyrie was on the floor...and had brooklyn competing in almost every game, with levert taking over some games.

Atkinson couldn't even see durant or kyrie in his system anymore with the way spencer and levert was playing.....and kyrie knew that which is why atkinson got the boot.

numbers and records don't lie.

we agree to disagree.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue May-26-20 01:22 PM

20. "so you saying they should've chose Atkinson over Durant & Kyrie?"
In response to Reply # 19
Tue May-26-20 01:51 PM by ThaTruth

allStah
9816 posts
Tue May-26-20 02:03 PM

21. "RE: so you saying they should've chose Atkinson over Durant &amp; Kyrie?"
In response to Reply # 20
Tue May-26-20 02:04 PM by allStah

Yes!

Do you know how hard it is to find a coach who can coach and is excellent with player development?

Pat Riley, Spo, ...Those coaches can get talent out of anything. They don’t slide in when the pieces are there. They get pieces, developed the pieces and win with them.

Especially over two divas like Durant and Kyrie.

We all know how it is going to end.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue May-26-20 02:24 PM

22. "okayplayer. n/m"
In response to Reply # 21

allStah
9816 posts
Tue May-26-20 02:31 PM

23. "RE: okayplayer. n/m"
In response to Reply # 22

So you have confidence in Kyrie and Durant? Especially an injury prone Kyrie who has proven that he can’t lead a team on several occasions, and a player coming off an Achilles injury over the age of 30, and who is also problematic as a teammate?

I just believe in going with the sure thing.

That’s a lot of gambling for two broken players....which could put the franchise back even further.

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri May-29-20 12:39 PM

35. "It's one big ball of risk IMHO"
In response to Reply # 8

If the deal were those two guys for Beal, I would do it possibly, sure. If it were all the picks, I'd consider it, I'd have to see the exact details. But both? Ridiculous.

OP is OD (especially the bit about Durant playing zero defense wtf) but the bottom line is about right. This would be going all in on a situation that isn't likely to work out, and exacerbating shortcomings more than adding potential.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Sat May-23-20 10:22 PM

7. "I don't have an opinion either way about the trade, but..."
In response to Reply # 0

But Durant is a good if not very good defender. He led the Dubs in blocks a couple of years and was able to play well in their scheme that requires a lot of versatility.

Granted, that was before the injury so he may not be the same immediately. If that was your point, then disregard this post.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

allStah
9816 posts
Mon May-25-20 09:22 AM

14. "RE: I don't have an opinion either way about the trade, but..."
In response to Reply # 7
Mon May-25-20 09:23 AM by allStah

Maybe he looked good in GS’ SCHEME, but he wasn’t stopping jack at OKC. And I have never seen him lock down anyone, and he is a seven footer so he better have some blocks.

I would say avg at best. He isn’t PG, Kawhi, lebron, or giannis on defense.
I’m not hating on my man.

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Fri May-29-20 12:41 PM

36. "Scott Brooks is the common denominator here"
In response to Reply # 14

>Maybe he looked good in GS’ SCHEME, but he wasn’t
>stopping jack at OKC. And I have never seen him lock down
>anyone, and he is a seven footer so he better have some
>blocks.
>
>I would say avg at best. He isn’t PG, Kawhi, lebron, or
>giannis on defense.
>I’m not hating on my man.

Both Durant and Beal have been relatively bad defenders under Scott Brooks and game/energetic defenders when coached by others.

Brooks is and was willing to let them off the hook defensively so they could focus on their offensive game. They, however, step up when held accountable for their defense.

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri May-29-20 01:06 PM

37. "No its never a WHITE coach's fault!"
In response to Reply # 36

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18385 posts
Tue May-26-20 08:57 AM

17. "Beal is a normal person. How would he gel with those two fragile egos "
In response to Reply # 0

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Wed May-27-20 09:37 AM

24. "wall was in his pockets crying like a bitch. shut up. "
In response to Reply # 17

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

Tiger Woods
18385 posts
Wed May-27-20 01:51 PM

25. "the percentage of this happening before trade deadline time... "
In response to Reply # 0

is almost 0%

Leonsis is notoriously loyal, and by all accounts they want to give this iteration of the team a shot one more time before they give up - ie, healthy Beal, new management, a rising Hachimura. That's not to say they wouldn't eventually give up and trade Beal, but I know they want to try one more time to pair Wall and Beal and give them the surroundings they deserve

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Wed May-27-20 01:57 PM

26. "best case they put together a 2nd round exit"
In response to Reply # 25

idk the temp on the Wiz up there but would that satisfy the base?

i know it would for the hornets here.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Tiger Woods
18385 posts
Thu May-28-20 05:29 AM

28. "The bar is so low that any progress they make feels exciting "
In response to Reply # 26

A few seasons ago they were a game away from the East Finals, and there was definitely a buzz. They lost to Boston anyway, who was doomed to face the Cavs, but some of those games were a thrill.

Beal floated the idea two years ago that when Wall’s out “everybody eats”. That’s cute, but I’ve since realized the team is markedly worse - slower with less offensive flexibility for sure. And I’m not going to look this up but if they were the worst defensive team per possession in the history of the NBA that wouldn’t surprise me.

Conventional wisdom on the Wizards is that you need at least one Top 10 in the league guy on your team to compete and Beal, as good as he is, will never be Top 10 in the league. John Wall on the other hand can play at that elite of a level when he’s healthy and focused (which has become increasingly rare)

I’m a homer obviously, but even I want to see a healthy Wall with Beal, Bertrans, and a more experienced Hacimura. I just want to know if there’s something there. If they’re middling around .500 at New Years let’s start listening to offers, but first I want to confirm once and for all what we have.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu May-28-20 05:56 AM

29. "Do you think Wall is better than Beal at this point in their careers? "
In response to Reply # 28

I feel like one of them should’ve been swapped out for an elite wing or big a few years ago.

As we’ve seen in Portland great backcourts are exciting but they don’t always win. Steph and Klay had other factors in play.

>A few seasons ago they were a game away from the East Finals,
>and there was definitely a buzz. They lost to Boston anyway,
>who was doomed to face the Cavs, but some of those games were
>a thrill.
>
>Beal floated the idea two years ago that when Wall’s out
>“everybody eats”. That’s cute, but I’ve since realized
>the team is markedly worse - slower with less offensive
>flexibility for sure. And I’m not going to look this up but
>if they were the worst defensive team per possession in the
>history of the NBA that wouldn’t surprise me.
>
> Conventional wisdom on the Wizards is that you need at least
>one Top 10 in the league guy on your team to compete and Beal,
>as good as he is, will never be Top 10 in the league. John
>Wall on the other hand can play at that elite of a level when
>he’s healthy and focused (which has become increasingly
>rare)
>
>I’m a homer obviously, but even I want to see a healthy Wall
>with Beal, Bertrans, and a more experienced Hacimura. I just
>want to know if there’s something there. If they’re
>middling around .500 at New Years let’s start listening to
>offers, but first I want to confirm once and for all what we
>have.
>
>

Tiger Woods
18385 posts
Thu May-28-20 06:48 AM

30. "Don’t know where Wall is right today, BUT..."
In response to Reply # 29

I think everyone would agree that peak Wall > the very best Beal

I went to the Lakers game last season when they came to town, Lebron’s first year in LA . It was a rout, the Wizards cruised to a seemingly easy win. The best player on the floor that night BY FAR was John Wall. That was the night I decided to finally ease up on him, because I saw in person just how special he could be. He was ferocious, and he played SMART - not a ton of bullshit 3s (cuz he’s still not that great a shooter), but just attacking the rim at will and drawing fouls and getting into transition with a blinding speed. It was a marvel to watch.

The very next night, or maybe two nights later, they went to lowly Atlanta and got drummed and played like shit, Wall included. The joke in DC sports talk radio was that the Lakers game was an apparition, basically just Wall auditioning for Lebron (at the time, Ingram and Ball were still Lakers “assets” mind you, and Wall is also a Klutch Sports guy.)

I don’t know what it would take to unlock John Wall’s truly elite potential - he really does have Westbrook speed and Kyrie driving ability, but he’s oddly selective in deciding when he wants to play at that level. Now maybe it’s a larger conversation to be had, a conversation about a rotten organizational culture that doesn’t now breed and has never bred anything great (TRUE), or about the lack of respected vets on the team the last few years and in the league in general (TRUE)...basically, no one to hold him accountable or challenge him to be more. My naive hope is that he comes out of this injury with a greater appreciation of himself and just how special he really can be.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Thu May-28-20 08:25 AM

31. "idk if you watch All The Smoke"
In response to Reply # 30

but Beal was on it the other day, and Wall maybe a week or two ago and between those interviews and a few other bits ive picked up it sounds like next season will be the first since probably 2016 that Wall will be healthy. so it could be good.

i always saw him as a notch below that Westbrook/Steph/Curry tier but we will see.

<--- Big Baller World Order

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu May-28-20 08:41 AM

32. "Do you honestly think we will ever see "peak Wall" again?"
In response to Reply # 30

Tiger Woods
18385 posts
Thu May-28-20 03:25 PM

33. "man..."
In response to Reply # 32

conventional wisdom says of course not, but the buzz surrounding his rehab has been sort of promising

This is kind of John Wall propaganda, I'll admit, but I was very encouraged by this story:
https://theathletic.com/1798425/2020/05/07/john-wall-says-his-best-is-yet-to-come-so-what-will-that-look-like/

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu May-28-20 03:43 PM

34. "dude is coming off multiple major knee surgeries and a torn Achilles... "
In response to Reply # 33

from a "slip and fall at home".

He was known for his speed and athleticism and also know for being in questionable shape BEFORE the injuries and he'll be 30 next season.

I can't see how he'll be anywhere near the player he was a few years ago. There's a reason most people say that is the worst contract in the NBA.

allStah
9816 posts
Wed May-27-20 02:05 PM

27. "RE: the percentage of this happening before trade deadline time... "
In response to Reply # 25

I thought the consensus was that everybody eats when John Wall is not there.

Offensively I like their squad, Bertrens can shoot, they got good center depth

None of them niggas play defense though....but whoever and whenever they play, bet the over! They are going to put up at least 115

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2715202 Previous topic | Next topic