Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2715079

Subject: "Goodness...R.I.P. Shad Gaspard" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56192 posts
Wed May-20-20 11:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Goodness...R.I.P. Shad Gaspard"

damn,man...gut-wrenching to read, as a parent...or, just a human being.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/20/shad-gaspard-body-found-venice-beach-drowning-wwe-wrestler-dead-39/

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
been following this story the last couple days. terrible news
May 20th 2020
FUCK!!! That dude is gonna have this on his...
May 20th 2020
      You're probably right, but I hope he doesn't.
May 20th 2020
           yeah, man...that part hurts...
May 20th 2020
           exactly, the ocean can be so volatile
May 23rd 2020
Respect due.
May 20th 2020
This hurts my heart.
May 20th 2020

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85002 posts
Wed May-20-20 11:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "been following this story the last couple days. terrible news"
In response to Reply # 0

i saw a reddit post from a bystander at the beach before they knew who it was and it was heartbreaking
https://www.reddit.com/r/LosAngeles/comments/glrpe5/seems_like_something_bad_happened_at_venice_beach/fqzu18j/

<--- Big Baller World Order

Dstl1
Charter member
56192 posts
Wed May-20-20 11:24 AM

2. "FUCK!!! That dude is gonna have this on his..."
In response to Reply # 1

spirit for a long time.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43719 posts
Wed May-20-20 01:00 PM

5. "You're probably right, but I hope he doesn't."
In response to Reply # 2

Chances are he'd be dead too.

This story is so insanely sad, but this guy died because he saved his child, and that's both heartbreaking and so beautifully selfless. RIP.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

Dstl1
Charter member
56192 posts
Wed May-20-20 01:50 PM

6. "yeah, man...that part hurts..."
In response to Reply # 5

but it's so amazing. He made the conscious choice in that moment to say, hey...save my son. It's sad to think what his final moments were like. I *hope* that he was not scared, but maybe felt a sense of relief that his son would make it.

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sat May-23-20 07:45 PM

7. "exactly, the ocean can be so volatile"
In response to Reply # 5

we see many cases of people dying saving or trying to save others. and it can really come out out of nowhere on you. i was in panama with another OKP and i was just chillin on the beach while he took a little boogie board into the water. he was easily within sight, close enough that he could still have stood if the water were calm. he caught in a rip current and yelled for help, it was like something was pulling him downward and away from shore. the life guard heard him and we both ran toward him but thankfully it calmed down enough for him to regain his composure and exit the water safely. but i think of that in deeper water, the type i've regularly swam into a km or three out from shore and it's scary AF.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Wed May-20-20 11:34 AM

3. "Respect due."
In response to Reply # 0

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44809 posts
Wed May-20-20 12:41 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "This hurts my heart."
In response to Reply # 0

As a person, as a dad, as a pro wrestling fan, as a fan of Cryme Tyme, who thinks they were criminally underutilized, etc etc etc.

Shit, I got both of JTG's books on audio.

I'm glad his son survived this ordeal, and am saddened by the cost.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2715079 Previous topic | Next topic